Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 7,480

kyleforrester87

@JohnnyShoulder tell me about it, at first it was gross but then it got kinda moorish. Just polished off Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Links Awakening is winking at me. Should have gone digital.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

RR529

A bit late to the party, but I recently ordered Link's Awakening. Hopefully it'll get here in time for me to enjoy it over the long weekend.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

Nintendo made Switch cartridges taste bitter to keep children from gobbling and/or choking on them, but all evidence seems to be suggesting that adults are the key problem demographic.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder @kyleforrester87 It is true. My first taste was Mario Kart 8 and sure, it was bitter. Then I tried Mario Odyssey with a little pepper, salt and lemon juice and it tasted fine. Doom and Skyrim were slightly less strong so I went with a subtle garlic and celeriac sauce.

The best cart is still Link's Awakening with a little passion fruit and kiwi.

@Ralizah In fairness you are completely right. My children probably wouldnt put it near their mouths but the first thing I did with my very first Switch cart was taste to see if it tasted as bad as the reports said. I can't understand anyone who hasn't at least tried.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego wrote:

I can't understand anyone who hasn't at least tried.

Well:
1) They're not made to be consumed. They're games, not candy.
2) Licking cartridges is gross.
3) I already know they taste bad. Why would I want to experience that?

Rudy_Manchego

@Ralizah Well curiosity clearly never killed the Ralizah cat...

To answer your comments:

1) I didn't consume, merely commented on flavour. Like wine tasting.
2) I did it in the privacy of my own home and I had a very clinical quick taste - I wasn't like a snotty cat licking milk
3) Well you've been TOLD they taste bad. This is the era of fake news after all. Also, from a safety perspective, I wanted to know if this would stop my young children as advertised. Personally, not sure it would.

Still can't believe you wouldn't give it a quick go...

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ryall

@Ralizah @Rudy_Manchego I never licked any of my DS cartridges and have yet to lick any of my switch cartridges. Strangely hearing people comment about the taste makes it a more tempting prospect. Maybe i’ll try if I get a power cut long enough for my switch his battery to die.

Ryall

Ralizah

@Rudy_Manchego People describe it as tasting like bitter apple, but worse. I've inadvertently tasted bitter apple many times in the past (it's unavoidable if you have puppies that like to chew and mouth on things, and it can help as a stopgap measure for children with an oral fixation or extreme dermatophagic compulsions), and I'm not eager to repeat the experience.

In general, I avoid unpleasant experiences, and will only engage in then when necessary or when fairness demands it (when we got electric wiring to keep one of our dogs in the yard, I grabbed it so that I'd know what it felt like; I won't subject an animal to something that I can't deal with myself).

But yeah, I'm perfectly OK going to my grave not having licked my Switch cartridges.

Edited on by Ralizah

kyleforrester87

Stop being babies and give them a lick.

I’ll lick anything once. I’ll even post a photograph to prove it.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Haruki_NLI

@kyleforrester87 Dear God that's an OOC quote if I ever read it.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DerMeister

Well, as of yesterday I am a newly minted Switch owner. Spent $622 for a Mario Kart bundle, three controllers, a screen protector, a travel case, and four games- Smash Ultimate, Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Rayman Legends Definitive Edition.

Only played Mario Kart and Smash, but after waiting for essentially the whole year to get one (as I planned to get one in the summer but other things said nope), I'm happy to finally have it!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

@DerMeister Nice. BotW and FE are two of the best games on the system (and, if you want to thoroughly play them, they'll take you hundreds of hours to beat). Rayman Legends is also fantastic, if you've never played it.

Ever own a Wii U, or is Mario Kart 8 new to you?

RR529

Now that I've gotten into the groove of it, Link's Awakening is a great time.

The colorful toy like aesthetic looks wonderful (and is a nice counterbalance to the grimy world of Return to Arkham City, which I'm playing on PS4), it has a unique & quirky vibe all it's own amongst the entire series, and it's nice returning to the classic Zelda template. Sure, the relative smallness of the game's world is apparent in a modern lens, but I find myself enjoying the quicker pace of the adventure.

Only notable complaint thus far is the quick stuttering that happens when you enter a new area (and a little more often in the swamp), but in the grand scheme of things it's not a major issue.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

DerMeister

@KratosMD I'll definitely try to start it as soon as I can. I actually tried to beat Link to the Past in a week to get me in the Zelda mood, and lol that was poor judgement. Only beat the first dark world dungeon so far. Also started Fire Emblem yesterday, and while I haven't done much since the prologue, it's looking pretty cool.

@Ralizah Looks like I'll have my hands full for a while. Rayman Legends was a game I wanted since it came out, but never managed to get it until now. I'm pretty sure I'll like it since I loved Origins enough to platinum trophy it.

I never did manage to get a Wii U, so Mario Kart 8 is fresh for me.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

@DerMeister The Platinum trophy on the PS4 version of Legends is an effing nightmare due to one trophy that requires the player to grind the online challenges for months on end, unfortunately.

Edited on by Ralizah

Kidfried

@DerMeister Congrats on your Switch!

Now I don't want to rain on your parade, but 622 is a lot of money, just for the experience of licking a cartridge.

@Ralizah I'm a proud non-owners of that trophy. Some trophies you just don't want to have.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego That depends on what you are licking.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic