Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 381 to 400 of 7,480

carlos82

@Tasuki I can't say I agree, mainly because it has no dungeons (I'm not counting them as they're far too short) and the lack of progression in your tool set as you essentially have everything you need at the very beginning. With some actual dungeons and a half decent story (I was so disappointed in that regard) it'd be up there with my favourite games ever as the world is genuinely brilliant, other gripes being the lack of music and being given a Master Sword but having it taken off me like a naughty boy because I used it. I'm in no way saying it's a bad game because that'd be silly but I have so many fond memories of the likes of Link to the past, Ocarina, Majoras Mask and Windwaker whether it be the music or specific scenes but have almost none of this game except Kass because he's amazing

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Bread-Not-Toast

Was never really that keen on Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U, yeah it was a good game but the battle mode was awful and the character list was utter rubbish, thankfully Deluxe has remedied that.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

PSN: Crossword-Man

Gamer83

@Bread-Not-Toast
Agreed. I don't actually know if it was the Wii U itself, or if it was also partly the game, but I was disappointed enough when I played Mario Kart 8 back in 2014 that I sold off my Wii U to fund an Xbox One purchase. Fast forward three years and I'm having a blast playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. In fact, I can see why many have said it's the best in the series, it's definitely up there for me with the DS, Wii and SNES entries.

Gamer83

Octane

@Gamer83 MKWii was terrible

Try MK Double Dash!!, a way better game. MK8 is still my favourite though. I used to like MK64 too, but that game is almost unplayable by today's standards.

Octane

carlos82

@KratosMD what madness is this? Snes Mario Kart is amazing as is Double Dash and I'm not gonna say Mario Kart 64 is great but I really enjoyed it back then

Mario Kart Wii is horrible

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

carlos82

@KratosMD To be honest I was been a bit naughty saying it was horrible but I still wouldn't put it up there with my favourites in the franchise, it always felt sluggish to me and the bikes had way too much speed advantage over the karts. I agree the online was cool but I had Lan parties on the Gamecube so that was alawys a much better experience than online gaming ever can be. I actually bought a Wii recently because I found a Gamecube in storage but discovered they don't work on my TV's anymore, so I went out and bought a Wii to play Gamecube games and maybe I'll pick both Mario Karts up

Tasuki

While I did enjoy MK Wii it just felt off compared to other Mario Kart games. I don't know how to describe it but it just felt different. Don't get me wrong it was alot of fun and I enjoyed it but it just never felt as polished as other MK games

As for online multiplayer vs offline, offline always wins especially with games like Mario Kart. There's just something that online can't capture like having all your friends in the same room can.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

BAMozzy

@Tasuki By the time MK Wii came out, I think I had outgrown it. I enjoyed the odd race or two with my kids although I preferred to use the wii mote rather than stick that into the wheel. I still preferred MK64 though as I felt that was more responsive and able to do more finer adjustments to the steering than on the SNES/NES era. It wasn't a game I would put on to play on my own but something I could play with the kids - inc the girls who weren't really gamers and my son who was 5/6yrs old at the time

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

themcnoisy

@Octane is right Double Dash was brilliant!

@Tasuki is also right MK wii felt weird, I always thought it was too weighted towards having the better weapons and they came far too quickly.

@Gamer83 @KratosMD your both wrong, double dash was the best! Baby Park, DK Mountain and Yoshis Island say hi. Great track design.

Only a few days till my son's birthday then I can judge the switch.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Splat

I haven't picked up a Switch yet but I'm planning on it. Just waiting for a bigger library of games or a bundle that catches my eye. I'm in no rush.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Gamer83

@themcnoisy
Wasn't a big fan of the two-person karts in Double Dash, that's really what it comes down to. Not a bad game, but definitely my least favorite in the series.

Gamer83

themcnoisy

So my son's birthday today and he opened the switch. I'm really unsure how long you can play In mobile mode for it feels really unwieldy and arthritis panflets should be included in the box. On a positive note the whole thing feels quality, I was worried about the base unit, but again that was Internet hyperbole and its fine. The buttons are tiny, but again the extra triggers is a God send. Roll on tonight so I can play a few games of erm Lego as that the only game he's got right now. Eeeeek.

johncalmc

I'm so over the Switch now. I had a few fleeting moments where I considered ordering one, but now I'm not sure I'll even get one when Mario comes out. Too many great games to play, and I can't be bothered to throw £300 at another Nintendo system I'll play about four games on.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@themcnoisy

"Arthritis pamphlets should be included in the box"

Might want to explain why, otherwise "It feels weird" leading to that is...a stretch? Iunno.

I will say regarding the Joy-Con seperate and Handheld mode in general, they are the most comfortable controllers I've ever held. Having that movement freedom when separated, and the right weight in Handheld mode, is glorious, and given the problems with my right hand, a single Joy-Con to each hand feels perfect and not as restrictive as the DS4, Xbox Controllers, Wii U Gamepad or god forbid Keyboard and Mouse.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

themcnoisy

@BLP_Software for me as a handheld it's too wide. Maybe Its a case of being new and maybe my muscle memory isn't used to it. But for the size with the Joycons connected it feels too wide and the weight feels poorly distributed. As mentioned that's my only complaint with the tiny buttons. It's great otherwise.

Haruki_NLI

@themcnoisy Well the good news is you never have to use it like that, so suck it up and off you pop

I'm shocked you didn't grill me for not really enjoying any other controllers. I had PC Mustard Race people jump on me for saying I cant use keyboard and mouse, not understanding I say what I mean. I cant means I cannot use them. XD

Muscle memory is a big factor with controllers, I find. You'll adjust.

I'm one of the few people alive or dead that says they like using a Joy-Con in each hand. So if you have a weird opinion don't worry, I won't have a go like the rest of the world would

Haruki_NLI

@KratosMD It's okay but not for extended use, I feel. But again, it's also optional.

And when I say I use them individually I mean one in each hand, so like they would be in the Grip, without the Grip.

themcnoisy

I've got to admit switch is the real deal. My son absolutely loves it. Im stumping up for mk ASAP to get a few games in. The amount of ways you can play takes you by surprise and isn't a gimmick, we had a quick blast on Lego on the TV, my wife wanted to watch the finale to little boy blue (great dramatization and heartbreaking series) so my son simply picked the unit up and clicked the Joycons in. He carried on as if it was the most natural thing in the world. We were gathered around the dinner table and mucking around I showed him the stand, he then proceeded to have a quick blast with Joycons in each hand with the tablet as a makeshift TV. It's really well done and the graphics are better than last gen and on the go!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic