Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 7,479

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I have it’ll the originals and a digital copy on Wii U but a Wind Walker style remaster would be awesome!

@Absolutely right, especially Fortnite as the kids can sit on the couch while parents watch tv. Also, Nintendo do quite simple parental controls and so on.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ryall

My main worry is that the Lite will make motion control games like skyward sword is less likely in the future.

Ryall

Haruki_NLI

I think we need to look at what Nintendo means by "Support the 3DS".

They don't mean make new software or continued future investment.

They mean keep producing it because it's cheap and highly profitable until demand dries up, and keep making the game cards because those will be a thing people will buy for a few more years.

That counts as support. To an investor, not supporting it means not producing anymore game cards or hardware, effectively killing the revenue stream dead.

Also long as one production line for more copies of a game exists...it's support.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

kyleforrester87

I tried a Fire Emblem game on 3DS.. not for me!!

I am looking forward to Astral Chain though. That looks good.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Haruki_NLI

The original Switch is discontinued!

Crab Rave

It's being replaced by the original Switch!

It makes sense in context. It's just the original Switch with the newer more energy efficient parts from the Lite instead of the original. No specifications buff in terms of rendering or anything, just less power draw.

And that means up to 9 hours of battery life now. Wow.

Again, no changes to how games will run. It's still a Tegra X1, just smaller and less power hungry. Also more energy efficient LPDDR4 RAM. Same size battery too.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JohnnyShoulder

@Knuckles-Fajita Crab Rave?! 😂

To me this makes the Switch Me Not even more pointless, one of the advantages was the longer battery life, which it no longer has.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Smaller. Cheaper. It comes with a D-Pad (you can get a Hori joycon that only works in handheld mode and gives you a D-Pad, but it's oddly shaped and doesn't fit in cases). Switch Lite's appeal was never going to be the half hour more of a juice you got from the batteries.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Oh yeah I'm sure it will still have it's fans, but for me it is just another tick in the 'NO` column. And there weren't many in the 'YES' column to begin with!

You seen the Pokeman edition of the Lite? What do you think of it and will you be getting one?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder I'd like to get one, although I don't harbor any illusions that this will be happening, considering Nintendo usually releases special editions in very limited supplies, and scalpers jump on them ASAP. My plan is to get a Lite, though: I really like the form factor, and every game will look slightly better in handheld mode due to the moderately smaller screen. Also, it's just super cute!

It's worth mentioning that I'm a launch-day Switch owner, though, so it's not like I won't have access to docked play. I'm not sure if I'd go with a Switch Lite as my sole version of the hardware, as some games only play well on the TV.

I wouldn't bother if I mostly played on the dock, but probably 80% or more of my playtime on the system is undocked. This hardware will also be brilliant for games like Blazing Chrome, the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, etc.

Edited on by Ralizah

RR529

Just placed an order for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 through Walmart, and it should get here next week.

I enjoyed the original game (which was bundled with our first 360), and I'm currently in the mood for superhero games (recently started up Arkham Asylum for the first time ever on my PS4), so I can't wait.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JohnnyShoulder

@RR529 To me it looks to be heavily geared towards co-op play, which has put me off paying full price for it.

Ralizah

@KratosMD I'm also leaning toward Golden Deer. Solely because Claude is so cute. Yes, I am shallow.

Anyway, based on early previews of the game (there are a lot of them out there now, and they're pretty much all universally glowing), it spends a decent chunk of time early on introducing you to each of the three houses.

I've liked everything I've discovered about the game so far: the somewhat Persona-esque structure of life at the academy, the actively tragic twist that Nintendo has done a poor job of hiding but that, I think, will be what elevates the game to greatness, the changes to the combat (no more Pokemon-esque weapon triangle; a more nuanced system has replaced it), the increase in scale (I just love that you're actually leading an army around now, and also that, at ground level, you can move your units somewhat freely, giving it less of that chess feel), the way you can explore your environment and do all sorts of activities, the surprisingly brutal opening scene to the game, etc. It feels like a massive evolution of what came before in the series, both gameplay wise and narratively.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD While it'll be my fourth Fire Emblem game (fifth if you consider Fates: Conquest and Fates: Birthright to be separate games), it'll be my first home console-style Fire Emblem game, so there's an element of freshness for me as well. But, yeah, with the Switch reviving so much interest in Nintendo and their properties worldwide, I could see this being a touchstone console for young people, sort of like the SNES was for my generation.

I never played Echoes. Partially because I was left VERY disillusioned by the Fates games, and partially because, after playing two full FE campaigns in a row, I didn't want to burn myself out for the Switch entry. Also, I heard the map design wasn't fantastic.

I hope they have plans to eventually do something with Advance Wars again. I'd love to see them transform that series in some huge, ambitious way.

RR529

@JohnnyShoulder, I think I played the original game (which had a similar focus) mostly by myself, so I'm not too worried about that. Plus, some of the reviews I've seen prefered playing singleplayer as it makes the camera more manageable (it apparently stays focused on you, rather than zooming far out as it does in multiplayer to keep everyone in view), and it allows you to swap between your four party members on the fly, which can help to keep things feeling fresh.

I think there's pros & cons to both single & multiplayer.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Dragon Quest XI S seems to be shaping up nicely. Tons of improvements across the board. 2D mode looks great. Seems to perform very well in handheld mode. Orchestrated music sounds great. Apparently there's also a super fast battle mode that has been added to this port. All in all, it seems like SE has gone above and beyond with this port.

RR529

Got my copy of MUA3 in so I played it a bit tonight (playing on "Mighty", hope it doesn't get too hard).

Just cleared the boss fight against Sandman and got to a point I was sure I could save before quitting for the night. Pretty decent beat 'em up/hack & slash so far, though the camera can be a bit wonky & it does this weird thing where your character moves at a crawl if you're moving towards the camera.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

@Tasuki, I never played MUA2 (just the first one, and then this), so I can't say for sure (I assume not though, from what I've heard).

It starts you out in space with the Guardians of the Galaxy in the first mission, and due to the events within the Infinity Stones end up scattered around Earth and the heroes have to band together to try & collect them before Thanos. That's the basic premise, anyhow.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Tasuki

@RR529 Ok cause two took place right after the first one, it was the Civil War storyline because due to the events of the first game that bill was passed. I wasn't sure if this game was a direct sequel or just UA3 in name.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Tasuki

So apparently this is the reason for the Joy Con drifts

I am kinda shocked that Nintendo has such poor quality control nowadays. I have NES and SNES controllers that are 30+ years old and still work fine. Man what has happened to you Nintendo.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic