Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 7,477

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder Sorry to clarify, I mainly mean first party. I haven't seen Donkey Kong drop much over £30 though I might have been unlucky.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Can't think how much I paid for it, but I may have used some points to bump the price down a bit.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Wesker

Anyone else getting into Mario Maker 2 on the Switch? It’s great fun! Would be cool to swap some courses on here...

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

kyleforrester87

@Wesker I dunno, like Dreams I don't know if I have it in me to make stuff. I'd have loved it as a kid though. It does look good, though.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

If Mario Maker 2 is like the original, 90% of the levels will be troll levels, gimmick levels, or poorly designed levels that spam enemies as a way of hiding the lack of skill on the creator's part.

I'm good. Three Houses launches in a month or so, so that'll be my next Nintendo-published game.

@Wesker I'm sure there will be plenty of level sharing on NL.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

redd214

@Wesker been playing for hours now and it's so fun, some very very creative people out there. My kids are trying their hand at building courses and it's awesome to watch!

redd214

Wesker

@kyleforrester87 I played Little Big Planet 1 and 2 a lot, but never created anything. It astounds me the amount of talent and creativity out there amongst gamers, and I love to see what they can come up with. I will buy Dreams day 1.

Wesker

Wesker

@redd214 I look forward to you sharing your kids’ creations. I will post mine when I can! It’s very inspiring!!!

Wesker

Wesker

@Ralizah the standard of the ‘hot’ and ‘popular’ courses are high at the moment in my opinion. I will check NL for sure, but I prefer the community over here.

Edited on by Wesker

Wesker

Ralizah

@Wesker That's what I'm hearing. My nephew is also excited for it.

I decided to just go ahead and use one of my vouchers to download it. Might as well. I sold the Wii U version anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Buizel

As someone who is pretty terrible at creating levels, I'm really enjoying Mario Maker. The new features add so many new possibilities to the level design, and both the Story Mode and user-uploaded stages are very creative. I'd recommend the game to anyone who's a fan of 2D Mario, whether they intend to build stages or not.

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

The quality of the user-created content online so far is quite a bit higher in general than what I encountered in the first game.

On the other hand, building levels is a pain, no matter which mode you opt for. Say what you want about Nintendo's Fisher Price-esque GamePad, but the thing was perfect for Mario Maker.

Kidfried

@Ralizah I think that was why I loved Super Mario Maker so much; it was the perfect game for the Wii U hardware.

Creating on your pad, while others in the room could watch and discuss about the level design happening on the telly screen was just brilliant.

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

Why are people so up in arms about the new Pokemon not having all the Pokemon in it? I get it’s not ideal but is it really that big of a deal? The game looks like a bunch of fun.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Octane

@kyleforrester87 @KratosMD There are several reasons why people are upset.

Some don't mind the exclusion of some Pokemon. However, the problem is that GameFreak said that they wanted to focus on higher quality animations and that's why they're going to cut a bunch of them. That's all fine on its own, but it has been pointed out by many people online that none of the battle animations have changed. So that definitely upset some people. And I mean, look at these lovely Wingull animations: https://i.imgur.com/PxH0QA5.gifv

Some gave some great arguments about keeping all the Pokemon in. First of all, there's Pokemon Bank. The paid online app used to store your Pokemon and transfer them to new games. Kinda silly if you're paying for something that doesn't work half the time. Some keep entire boxes of Pokemon for breeding competitive Pokemon, with special moves and natures. And EV trained Pokemon they use themselves. I mean, yeah, the promise was that you can always transfer them to newer games, because that's what they've been saying since forever. So not being able to do that now kinda sucks too.

Of course, there's a group that's always upset and spoils it for the rest

Octane

Octane

@KratosMD They've been like that from the start I think. They never made the console games. Stadium 1 and 2 were made by HAL, and Colosseum, XD and PBR were by Genius Sonority. On top of that, Game Freak doesn't actually make the 3D models themselves; they outsource that to Creatures Inc. And it's a well known fact that they couldn't program all of Gold and Silver on a single cartridge, so Iwata had to step in and do it himself; he was the CEO of HAL at the time, and about to become the head of a division at Nintendo; so that tells you enough

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@kyleforrester87 So imagine angame, let's say Sun and Moon happens. A heavy emphasis on the original 151 Pokemon, some from other generations, 300 in the regional dex total.

But you can transfer any Pokemon, even if it's not catchable there, because it's still coded into the games. This is how it's been since Gen 2.

Then imagine the first home console gamebis just the original 151. Nothing else exists in the game. Can't transfer it in because it's not in the code.

Then imagine being told the next game will be the same. It'll have what you can catch and that's it. Other things won't be in the code at all. Breaking an over 20 year old trend.

And then think about how 20% of the currently known Pokemon in Sword and Shield are from the original 151 right after a game with nothing but them, and being told if you don't like it shove off.

And THEN the promise that the NEXT games will fill in with what we missed. But problem is there is gonna be a lot of overlap so I can see Game freak dragging it out. And he'll even if they Do get every Pokemon sorted out...well who is to say they won't just leave some out of the code because that's how it is now? By Gen 9 we could have seen every Pokemon available in various games and still not all be in one at once.

Plus it's obvious Nintendo wanted Bank to be a keep all but Game freak and the downright notoriously stringent TPCi aren't interested.

Heck, the CEO of the Pokemon Company told Nintendo the Switch would fail because mobile exists.

Given that's where Game freak gets their cash to make Pokemon from you can bet someone had an Oh Crap moment and gave em barely any time.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HallowMoonshadow

Huh... That's pretty neat @Ralizah !

And glad you're enjoying Mario Maker 2, too! Sounds quite fun

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic