Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 7,477

Octane

@Ralizah I guess you're right about that. It's just that with Nintendo doing only one Mario Kart, one Animal Crossing, one Smash per console, etc. It makes sense for Splatoon 3 to be on their next system. But we'll see. If it means another single player campaign, I'm all for it.

Octane

RR529

@Ralizah, on Daemon X Machina and potential delay, it depends on how old of a build the demo was. I've heard some people speculate that it may have been based on a build of the game that was being demoed at events back in 2018 (possibly the same build as the E3 2018 showroom demo), so it could be further along than we think.

@mookysam, assuming my release schedule guess is correct, and I only get one game a month...

June: Katamari Damacy Reroll (the idea of SMM2 really excites me, but at the end of the day I require some structure to keep me vested in a game, I don't have NSO, and my Switch is docked in a place where it doesn't get good Wi-Fi reception).
July: I'll probably be one of the few Nintendo fans that opts for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 over Fire Emblem. I remember the first MUA being good fun on 360, and I have a really mixed experience with FE (I either really get into them, or lose interest partway through).
August: Astral Chain, which looks amazing.
September: Link's Awakening most definitely, though that would kill me as I'm also really looking forward to DXM, so hopefully they don't release in the same month.
October: Demon X Machina if my prediction ends up being true, and if not I'll go for Luigi's Mansion 3 unless something more interesting pops up.
November: Pokemon, which I'm really excited for (haven't played since gen 3, but this looks great). While DQXIS will have extras, at the end of the day I've already played it on PS4.
December: No interest in Animal Crossing, so I'd probably use it as a month to play a game I skipped (and there's a lot).

If I had to throw a wild card in there, I'd like to see Nintendo bring out Fatal Frame (even if it's just a port of 5, or an HD remaster of 4 if they can't get the former to work, as it seemed to really use the Wii U gamepad in a hard to replicate way). I've been really interested in the series since 5 released, but have no way to play one.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

mookysam

@Octane Yesss F-Zero! Now I want to play GX.

@Ralizah It just occurred to me that that whatever Retro Studios were working on after Donkey Kong could maybe get released. Either that or its been shelved. Instead of a new I.P. what about the revival of a long dead one? Playing Smash Bros. Ultimate and seeing all the weird and wonderful franchises represented in the spirits has reminded me of just how much Nintendo could draw from if they wanted.
I could see Splatoon 3 being the "big" autumn release. Three years since 2 is a perfectly reasonable amount of time.

@RR529 The anticipated release schedule is certainly much busier than I'd have thought at the beginning of the year, so too much to choose from for me! Pokémon and Link's Awakening are the must buys, with Animal Crossing not far behind and Luigi's Mansion will have to wait. In the same boat with Dragon Quest as I'm not sure the extra content could quite justify buying it, certainly not at launch. I'm still working towards the platinum trophy on the PS4 version.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Octane

Good point. What has Retro been working on? I keep forgetting about them. Probably because I expected their new thing already to be revealed by now.

Octane

Ralizah

Isn't Retro actively working on Metroid Prime 4 now?

@mookysam Nintendo literally has so many classic properties they could be tapping. Imagine if they made most of their retro games available on Nintendo Switch? They're sitting on a goldmine of content and are content to sit around and sic their lawyers on people who try to share it illegally. I mean, fair enough, it's their right, but, as Gabe Newell has said, piracy is mainly a service problem.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah They are now. But I find it hard to believe they've been sitting on their arse picking their nose for five years straight. If Kojima can churn out Death Stranding in three-and-a-half years, I'm certain Retro can have made something in between Tropical Freeze and Metroid Prime 4. Funky Kong isn't the only thing they've done in all those years.

Octane

Octane

@mookysam @Ralizah I've been saying this for years; they literally have their own ''Ghost of Tsushima'' right in front of them:

Untitled

Octane

Ralizah

@RR529 For me, pre-E3, my plans are:

June: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
July: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
August: Astral Chain
September(?): Shantae 5
October(?): Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition
November: Pokemon Shield
December(?): Animal Crossing

Might also pick up some Sony games in the sale soon.
Sorry, Cadence of Hyrule, Super Mario Maker 2, Death Stranding, Oninaki, Daemon x Machina, and anything else I've forgotten!

We'll see if E3 changes this list at all. I think, at this point, the only game that would instantly enter my list for this year would be Pikmin 4.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

June: Super Mario Maker 2, maybe CTR
July: Wolfenstein Youngblood
August: Astral Chain
November: Pokemon Sword

Also looking at Dragon Quest XI S, whenever that comes out, Shantae 5, Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3.

I just dont care about the others XD

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

RR529

@Octane, well there was that mysterious cartoony "robot hand" in that picture Retro gifted Reggie for his retirement (it featured character artwork of titles they've worked on). Who the hand belonged to is unkown as a Mario statue was conveniently blocking that portion of the artwork, and it didn't seem to stylistically fit in with anything Metroid related, so some people assume it's a character from an as of yet unknown title.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Ralizah

Apparently Ni no Kuni is also listed for the Switch.

Crazy times!

Haruki_NLI

FIFA 20 on Switch is the Legacy Edition. Hell, the only Legacy Edition. Seems EA's already mediocre, goal post moving support has dropped even further. I'd be stunned if it gets FIFA 21.

In case anyone doesn't know why this is downright hilarious, the Legacy Edition is the exact same game as the prior year, just with the new roster. No new features, mechanics, anything. It's FIFA 19 again.

And I don't mean that in the "It's the same game every year" sarcastic way, it is quite literally the exact same game.

Which means it'll also still lack the stuff EA mistakenly marketed the Switch version as having last year.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

mookysam

It would be interesting if in Ni no Kuni overworld spells could be drawn with the touchscreen. In the Wizard's thingymajig in the PS3 original it always felt like that was something that had to be cut compared to the DS.

@Ralizah Nintendo's approach to legacy IP is baffling. They have so much they could harness either with virtual console releases or revivals. I wonder if Kid Icarus Uprising underperformed and put them off reviving ancient IP.

@Octane It's thanks to Smash Bros. that I know that that's The Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

This is the single best show I've ever seen at E3. There are so many huge announcements that I have trouble even keeping up with them.

BotW2 looks fantastic. Really creepy. I'm so happy they're returning to that world.

I can't believe The Witcher 3 is getting port. LOL.

Panzer Dragoon!

kyleforrester87

Plenty to look forward to on Switch, although not a lot i’ll necessarily jump on day one aside from Links Awakening and of course BOTW2 which I am SO happy about. Up there with Skyrim as the only open world game really worth playing IMO! (XBC2 isn’t open-world, I’ve decided!)

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

@Ralizah I'm really happy for those who are getting the chance to play the marvellous Witcher 3 only now, but...

For anyone with a PS4, Xbox or PC, there is no reason to own this port.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Many great announcements, and more that I dig personally than expected before hand. Links Awakening, Astral Chain and Luigi's Mansion being my personal highlights.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried I own a PS4 and PC, and I'm buying this port.

Portability of the Switch version > 60fps on my PC

I thought you weren't feeling Link's Awakening's artstyle?

Edited on by Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah I am still not feeling the art style, but that's mostly because the GB art style is so good.

Link's Awakening is one of my favorite Zelda's. I must have finished it about six or seven times since my childhood years. So... there's no way I'm skipping it.

And concerning The Witcher 3. Call me old fashioned, but I personally think you lose a lot of the cinematic immersion playing it on the go versus the comfort of your home.

Obviously most Netflix-during-commute millennials disagree with me. I've already accepted I'm a dying race.

Kidfried

RR529

Great Direct!

As far as announcements go, BotW 2 looks fantastic, and I'm excited for the new Smash fighters (though I'm in the minority that's more excited for the DQ Hero than Banjo). The Trials of Mana & Panzer Dragoon remakes look cool too, though I'll likely nab them on PS4 if they're multiplat.

Still looking forward to Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina, Pokemon SS, and maybe Luigi's Mansion 3.

I have to say, Nintendo is great at getting me hyped in a way the others don't (maybe it's because they tend to show more pure gameplay than the others, who tend to have either more pre-rendered footage, or show off some gameplay, but in a more cinematic moment without as much full character control). Square Enix was pretty good too, though.

EDIT: Also, it sounds like they went above & beyond to polish up Daemon X Machina! At least based on the feedback improvements video they put up.

I was already a fan of the demo, but it looks to be shaping up into something great. Too bad it launches in the same month as Link's Awakening.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic