Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 3,453

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder It's not a typical fighting game. The moves are easy to pull off. There are more difficult parts of the game you need to master like getting back on the flipping stages using a joycan with real man hands. But other than that you will have a laugh.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

I would buy Smash tomorrow if the Drifter from Hyper Light Drifter was announced. Oh and yes I know that character was a fighter in that Smash knock off but, I mean, c’mon!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

kyleforrester87

How do you get all 1000 or whatever spirits then? You can only get them in adventure mode right? There doesn't seem to be close to 1000 battles (unless I have under estimated the size of the map).

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Adventure Mode is one way. You can also buy them off the shop in 'Vault', unlock them by clearing Challenges, as well as fight and unlock new ones every 5 minutes in 'Spirit Board', which is next to the Adventure mode icon.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

KratosMD

@kyleforrester87 Yeah it's pretty much endless adventure mode but without the world map, lol.

Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

kyleforrester87

I just got Katamari Reroll coz why not, one question - is it just the battles on the space mushroom that are 2 player or can the.."campaign" be 2 player, as well?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

KratosMD

I've completely missed that Nintendo's Christmas sale is now on in Europe. I've noticed lots of great games on offer on the Switch eShop thus far, such as Shantae Half-Genie Hero and Pirate's Curse for around €10 each. Definitely going to grab those, I've waited personally for Pirate's Curse to go on sale for months now. Don't know how many games I'll buy overall though since I spent so much money during Black Friday.

The 3DS sale is crap though. There's barely anything of interest there outside of the usual Ace Attorney deals.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

@crimsontadpoles Well in that case you're definitely in luck because all 6 mainline games have received major price cuts. Grab them while you can! They're such wonderful games.

Edited on by KratosMD

Tasuki

@KratosMD I honestly feel that even as much as Nintendo claims there's still a place for 3DS they are slowly trying to kill it off. I mean let's be honest what can the 3DS do that the Switch can't besides 3D and even then they barely support that anyway.

I am not quite sure why Nintendo hasn't just come out and say hey we are discontinuing the 3DS maybe the see the backlash Sony gets for poorly supporting the Vita and then discontinuing that but that was different. Maybe it's just greed but with the Switch being portable it's not like the past where Nintendo had a home console and then a handheld for different markets. The Switch covers both of those markets now.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Jaz007

@Tasuki The 3DS is much more convenient and has games more designed to possibly play on the go. I’m honestly more likely to take my 3DS for playing games on the go than my Switch. It also has the double screens. I think it might be cool for a road trip, but I don’t think the Switch should’ve been portable. It doesn’t fit in your pocket, and is a hassle to take around unless you have some deliberate planning. The loss of power isn’t worth it’s portability in the slightest.
The 3DS’s main problem is that it’s really old. The battery on mine is kinda shot. I’d honestly like a successor to it. I would’ve liked that more than the Switch having portability.
I can’t claim this is efficient market wise, but it is how I feel personally.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Knuckles-Fajita

It's called having an entry level model.

Why did Microsoft release a new revision of the 360 at the same time as the Xbox One?

Why did the Wii Mini exist?

Why did the PS3 keep getting games and support until around the time the PS4 Pro came out? It was the budget system, until the PS4 Slim became the budget system.

Consumer choice is a good thing people. God.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Fight_Sora_Fight

I've been using my 3DS a lot more than my Switch lately, but I do think it's time to kill it.
The market has clearly moved on.
Persona Q2 moved less than 80k on 3DS in its opening week in Japan.
Persona Q moved almost 190k iirc.

Guarantee the game would've done way better had it released on Switch.

Edited on by Fight_Sora_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Ralizah

I'm still not even sure how Atlus is supposed to put an EO-style game(which is built around the use of two screens) like Persona Q2 on Switch, so I don't mind stuff like that coming to 3DS.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

KratosMD

Ok so I know I'm slow in discovering this but I just noticed that you can play other Switch games than Smash Bros with Gamecube controllers. Apparently this has been well known for awhile now so it's definitely not anything new but I had personally no idea about this.

I'm playing Mario Kart 8 now with a Gamecube controller. That's absolutely insane! It's like going back to the days of Mario Kart Wii all over again. MK8D is now officially the quintessential Mario Kart game for me.

Edited on by KratosMD

Ralizah

With an 8bitdo adapter, you can use pretty much any wireless controller to play Switch games. I played through the entirety of Bloodstained, and a few of the old Mega Man games, with a wireless SNES controller. The DS4 works pretty well too, including support for gyro aiming in games like BotW.

Gamecube controllers work pretty well with simple games that support controller remapping.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

Has anyone played Gris yet?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic