Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,201 to 3,220 of 7,477

Octane

Dynamax makes mega evolutions look cool. It's so stupid, I hate it

Areas look alright, but still sparse. I really hope the Pokemon interact with their environment. But it seems like the idle walking animations from LGPE are back.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@mookysam They did say you can do raids locally too.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

I think Dynamaxing looks pretty interesting, personally. I mean, yeah, it's kinda stupid, but that's part of the charm. I can't believe they went and make kaiju-sized Pokemon battles a thing. It's great!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Less interesting than mega evolutions imo. It's like z-moves, just an OP thing that makes battles less fun, except now it applies to a Pokemon instead of a move. I kinda hope you can ignore it.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane The fun is in the spectacle of it. And probably in raid battles as well. We'll see.

Edited on by Ralizah

mookysam

@Ralizah Pikmin 4 surely has to be coming within the next year. Isn't it supposed to have been "almost finished" for years? Pikmin 3 deserves to be played by more people, but I think the series will remain pretty niche by Nintendo standards.

@Knuckles-Fajita I don't know enough people with a Switch who have any interest in playing it. 😂

@RR529 That would help a lot as long as the AI is up to snuff. Out of your list of expected release dates, what are you planning on getting?

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam Even niche series have done very well on Switch, so I hope it comes to the system sooner than later. And yeah, I have wondered if the project was in development hell or if Nintendo has just been sitting on the thing for ages!

Either way, Pikmin 4 needs to happen. Next year, ideally, as this year is quite busy as it is.

Octane

Pikmin 4 better happen this year.

Octane

Ralizah

Better to launch in a slow period next year than compete for mindshare with a dozen other first party releases this year.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah It's only competing with Link's Awakening this year, I don't see the problem

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Animal Crossing and Pokemon would eat its lunch and you know it.

Haruki_NLI

Also remember Nintendo owns Astral Chain as their latest new IP, is publishing both DQ games releasing this year, Cadence of Hyrule, Daemon x Machina and Pokemon, their internal games in Mario Maker, Animal Crossing, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion and probably some unannounced thjngs...and y'all reckon Pikmin 4 is coming?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita Next year.

I can't wait for Astral Chain. I'm not the biggest character action fan in the world, but I love the theme. It has early 90's anime OAV grunge. It reminds me of The Guyver.

mookysam

@Ralizah It's odd how Nintendo have sat on it. Perhaps they wanted to build up the Switch base to give it the highest chance of succeeding. After this year's big hitters I'm genuinely curious what 2020 will bring for the Switch. I can't think of much that hasn't been on there apart from the smaller franchises.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

@mookysam
Pikmin 4
Splatoon 3 (a personal guess of mine, based on the splatfests coming to an end)
Wii U ports (3D World, Zelda remasters, XCX, etc.)
Metroid Prime Trilogy
New I.P.
Snack World (not internal, but they'll likely be publishing it)
SE exclusive, like Octopath (ditto)

After 2019's explosion of software, 2020 will inevitably be somewhat soft for them, like 2018. They'll probably rely heavily on third parties to cover holes in the release schedule.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah It feels weird if they just release Splatoon 3 like that. Why not keep updating the current game?

The first game was only supported for a year with Splat fests. I guess it's just a case of active player base vs effort of making the Splat fest stages. Whilst a new game would bring new life to the franchise, I think it would also bring it share of bad press along with it. Splatoon 3 feels like a Switch 2 thing imo.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Well, I certainly hope that's the case, but it would be weird for the game to just sit around for years without any active support from Nintendo. Especially with how big the game is in Japan. I'm sure splatfests drive engagement, and they'll be selling a gob of new Switches this year, which means that many more people who might be tempted to buy Splatoon 2.

Besides, other MP series regularly release entries every year with no negative press. Why should Splatoon be any different? Especially when it last saw a release in 2017.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic