Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 3,188

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder Everything sucks on the Wii U GamePad. It's needlessly huge and the analog sticks are weirdly uncomfortable.

I defended that thing for years, and I still think some games made really effective use of its second-screen capabilities (hello Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, and ZombiU!), but it's a terrible controller.

I think you'll agree that the joycon analog sticks work great with Tropical Freeze, but if you really need a D-Pad, it'd probably be better to just nab an 8bitdo Wireless Receiver and sync your PS4 controller up with it to play the game. The DS4 has a better D-Pad than the overrated Pro Controller anyway.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah Ha ha yeah my mate in work pretty much said the same about the Wii U game pad.

I was a bit concerned before I got a Switch about the Joy Cons, but they have been fine. Think it helps that I have small hands.

Totaly forgot about the 8bitdo Wireless Receiver, think that would probably be a better option.

JohnnyShoulder

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KratosMD

Ahhhh I just got a message saying that my copy of Smash Bros has been shipped out! Can't wait to sit down and play this game the entire day tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Speaking of which, apparently Nintendo UK is holding a Smash tournament in a couple of hours where a bunch of people from Konami, Square Enix, Capcom, SEGA etc are going to duke it out against each other. Definitely going to watch that in the meantime.

Edited on by KratosMD

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Ralizah

Smash has a 94 on Metacritic so far. We'll see where that ends up. NL is withholding a review score until they test how well the online works.

The single player content sounds about as good as I was hoping for. Glad I downloaded it, as I'm going to be dipping into this for months.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Feena

I bought a copy and a GC controller adapter for my BF and I feel super guilty about having to hide it from him until Christmas day.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Feena

@Ralizah a more generic don't buy video games until after Christmas embargo has been declared for the whole family. I hope he doesn't cave though. The hype is strong with him.

Edited on by Feena

Ralizah

@Feena We generally do the same thing in my family, except with any major purchases. Although I made it known a long time ago that I was pre-loading Smash, so that's out of contention.

I nabbed the GC controller/adapter bundle with Smash 4 on Wii U, but almost never used it. I was never a huge fan of Melee, though.

Ralizah

Feena

@Ralizah It will be useful for multiplayer sessions since we ha a lot of GC controllers around not my favourite as well, I must admit!

Edited on by Feena

Ralizah

@Feena Makes sense. I have a lot of GC controllers as well, even though I bought one used years after production of it ended and only ever owned, like, three games for it, so I'm not sure why I'd have so many in the first place. I think the things multiply on their own.

I sold off my Nintendo Gamecube adapter that came with Smash and got the more versatile MayFlash adapter, though. I'm able to easily use that one on my PC!

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

belmont

I have never evel played smash. To be honest I watched some of the directs and it does not seem to be anything very interesting. I would prefer a traditional fighter.

Anyway Diablo 3 is for discount for 35 pounds. Has anyone played the Switch port?

belmont

Ralizah

@belmont No, but everything I've seen and heard suggests it runs quite well. It's not quite as pretty as the PS4 version, but it's 60FPS and fully portable.

Ralizah

KratosMD

OMG OMG OMG OMG

This was the last character I'd expect to show up in Smash! THIS IS AMAZING! I'm actually sorta crying IRL now lol. I'm bloody preordering that Smash season pass, I don't care anymore. JOKER IS IN SMASH! And we'll also get a Persona 5 stage along with Persona 5 music! This is the best freaking Smash ever!

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Knuckles-Fajita

I was worried that Nintendo picking the DLC would be a let down.

Guess not.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Jaz007

@KratosMD I know! I’m getting the Joker DLC too! Best new character, stage, and music in Smash! That made my day yesterday. I literally jumped for joy.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

DerMeister

Not since Snake being in Brawl have I been excited for a new character in Smash. I stayed up for 20 minutes just yelling at my friends about it.

God, I wish I saved up for a Switch. I've been hype for Smash but this takes it to a new level!

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Ralizah

That's kind of cool. I wonder what other characters they'll pick up for the season pass?

I'm still holding out for Shantae.

The game itself is fun. It's Smash. I expect it'll hold me over well until Fire Emblem or Animal Crossing or whatever releases first next year.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Feena

Can't wait for Fire Emblem! Smash is in the house...wrapped and hidden!

KratosMD

@Jaz007 Yeah I don't think some people realise how big of a deal this is. This is the first step for the Persona series to reach a much wider audience, and the potential release of an enhanced edition of the game on Switch!

Once people get the chance to play the game, they'll realise what the fuss is all about with this series. This is absolutely huuuuge.

I just got the game myself and it's pretty fun so far. I just need to unlock more characters because frankly, I don't like playing as any of the starting ones, lol. I NEED LUCAS AND ROY! Roy's my boy.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic