Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 7,480

Ralizah

I five-starred my copy of the game on Wii U. Only thing I didn't do was complete all of the challenges.

Anyway, Superstar Road levels can seem overwhelming until you figure out tricks to getting through some of the levels, and then they become way more manageable. That's just to collect all of the star coins on them, though. Actually beating them and nothing else is pretty easy, and, they're all way easier than the super hard levels at the end of 3D World.

@Rudy_Manchego LOL Enjoy spending 1000+ hours on just those two games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RR529

Decided to try out Luigi U this morning. There have been a couple of times I've almost ran out of lives, but I've managed to work my way up to the first castle. Levels are harder (especially with the extremely limited timer), but they're much shorter as well (just maybe I'll be able to do this, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rudy_Manchego

Random question- I bought Breath of the wild digitally and have since bought the DLC. I bought digital because I could not find a physical copy at launch and I was inpatient. I am thinking of buying a physical copy from a collectors perspective and to save some gb’s. Do we reckon that would work with my cloud save? I can’t see why not but it isn’t cheap and I have loads of hours invested.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Nei

So, is anyone else loving the SEGA Ages line up? It's basically the only reason I find myself occasionally borrowing the Switch from my BF lately.

We are playing Phantasy Star together and it's a brilliant director's cut that makes the game easier to pick up today with dungeon maps and item guides. Of course I have a soft spot for the series but replaying it I find it incredibly evident Phantasy Star is the best of the three proto JRPG (DQ1,FF1 and PS1) and by a large margin. It's not a matter of taste, the game is just better in every possible way.

Out run is predictably good for your dose of sega blu skies and the fact you can grab some tune up items in the different goals and have a wider selection of music makes you want to play and play.

Sonic is the best version of the game. You also get to try the crazy arcade version and can retain spin dash and drop dash...just GOOD.

Tempted to get Thunderforce IV now and avidly waiting for more releases. I want Virtua Racing and the arcade version of Golden Axe ;_;

Oh and Rieko Kodama is actually the project director of the Sega Ages project so I hope we'll get more Phantasy Star and Alex Kidd..and maybe Skies of Arcadia? (Not the inferior GC port plz)

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

belmont

@Feena I have all the Sega Ages games and love them. I actually beat Phantasy Star a few days ago. I love the QA improvements in this game. I personally find Thunderforce a bit on the hard side but anyway.

Sonic plays great and Outrun is as fan as always. As far as the feature I want all the Sonic games from both Game Gear and Mega Drive. I would love more Phantasy Star even though we have the MD Collection.

As for Skies of Arcadia... I never played it bit I definety want it. Maybe they should also throw some Panzer Dragon in the mix.

As for other GG, MS and MD I really want them to expand more but I don't see them doing it and if Nintnedo abandons BC those fine ports will be lost.

belmont

Haruki_NLI

SEGA AGES is much better the Mega Drive Classics they put on the console.

Thats just bad.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

belmont

@Knuckles-Fajita There is nothing wrong with MD Classics. The emulation is good and the price is cheap. Ages has more QA improvements.

belmont

Haruki_NLI

@belmont I played Sonic 2 first and foremost, there is notable input delay on jumping in handheld mode. Like you dont jump as you press, you jump after it.

belmont

@Knuckles-Fajita I haven't tried handheld mode with Sonic 2. In dock and in the PS4 version there is no noticable input lag.

belmont

Ralizah

I can't imagine a scenario where input delay would be worse in the undocked version of a game, considering you're not dealing with whatever latency results from using an HDTV.

Anyway, I'll definitely nab Phantasy Star at some point, although I'll confess that I'm not thrilled with the games they've chosen for Ages so far. And a lot of games I won't get if only because I already own definitive versions of them on my 3DS.

Switch is a powerful portable console. I want to see Saturn/Dreamcast era games, not Master System/Genesis ones.

Edited on by Ralizah

redd214

@Ralizah definitely agree on the Saturn/DC games. They have released the Genesis collection more times than I can count but the fact they have barely dipped into their later consoles is crazy. I would buy a DC collection in a heartbeat. So many gems on that system.

redd214

RR529

Finished up Tokyo School Life last night. It was pretty cute I suppose. Since I saved at the crucial juncture point, I'll probably go back and get the other 2 endings before moving on.

Also took my first crack at a couple "Superstar Road" levels in NSMBU Deluxe as well. At first I was wondering why I wasn't unlocking them since I (thought I) got all the Star Coins in a given world, but apparently nearly every world has a hidden level, which I only found out about after checking online. Anyhow I was able to play the first two "Superstar Road" levels after getting things sorted out, and while I cleared "Spine-Tingling Spine Coaster" on my first try (with two of it's Star Coins!), I had to replay "Run for it" at least 30 times before clearing it (I gave up on collecting the Star Coins early on too)!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Nei

I got the platinum trophy for the mega drive collection but that isn't stopping me from enjoying the beautiful versions they are giving us with the Sega Ages. I do hope they can pick up the pace a little and give us more Arcade, Saturn and DC games in the future.

Btw Virtual Racing is going to be awesome... It will be the first true "arcade perfect" version on console.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

RR529

Decided to get the Golf tonight (make fun all you want, lol).

Maybe because I've never really played a golf game before (other than the Wii Sports variant & the Mario Golf 3DS demo) it's taken me a bit to get used to the controls. I've been playing the first 3 holes over & over again, and am doing just a bit better each time as I get used to the game's nuances.

It definitely tries to ape the look & feel of Wii Sports' golf (though you can play it with traditional controls), albeit with a noticeably more budget presentation (there's this sort of shadow flickering/graininess in the textures that I've noticed in other titles like Ys VIII & Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders). Interestingly enough it's actually set at a "quality" image quality, and can be changed to a "smooth" option for I'm assuming a better framerate.

In terms of gameplay modes it has a sort of Free Play (which can be played with up to four players, locally only I assume, in 3-hole, 9-hole, and 18 hole games), a Tournament Mode which is the main single player component, and Hole-In-One Contest, which I haven't looked too much into yet.

All in all it's not terrible for $10, and after I use this to learn the game I want to pick up Everybody's Golf on PS4, and hopefully Nintendo drops a Mario Golf on Switch in the future as well.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Haruki_NLI

There is now a Nintendo LABO VR Kit. You can buy the whole shebang for $80, or get a Starter Kit for $40 and the other stuff in two optional expansions for $20 each.

Rudy_Manchego

I could be wrong but I can't see the VR Labo kit doing much really. I am biaised because I am a fan of VR and have spent a fudge ton of money on PSVR but this is just really one of those £14.99 strap a phone to your face gimmick things.

It is a shame - a Nintendo VR experience done proper would be very unique.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

Like I said on NLife. It's the product that needs a trailer more than any other thing, but it doesn't get a trailer. How does it work? What's the software like? No idea, but it's coming soon, so pre-order please!

Having played PSVR on a vanilla PS4, it feels like the bare minimum of what VR should be capable of. This is indeed like Google Cardboard of whatever it was called. But I'm not sure about that 720p screen so close to your face. PSVR can be pretty fuzzy, this seems like you're just going to count pixels in a cardboard box.

Octane

Ralizah

This isn't actual "VR," of course. This is strapping a Switch to your face and using some piece of software to simulate VR. But Google Cardboard is cheaper and probably easier to assemble, and even old smartphones have screens with a much higher pixel density.

I guess Nintendo isn't going to abandon this Labo gimmick, but, considering how poorly it has sold so far, I'm not too worried about it, either. As long as they keep pushing out stuff like Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, Zelda, etc. with no gimmicks, then I don't mind if they want to continue making sets for cardboard fishing rods or VR headsets.

I think the fact that this wasn't even advertised by them in a Direct or something shows their level of confidence in this product.

Edited on by Ralizah

Kidfried

This VR Labor is a waste, really. It's neither VR, nor is it interesting arts-and-crafts-wise.

But yeah, if Labo's existence means other games don't get tainted with poor gimmicky stuff, then I am fine with its existence.

Just happy that on PlayStation Sony is actually doing cool stuff with VR and motion control.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic