Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 7,480

Nei

@Ralizah Wow even if it was just for the music it was really worth the wait. I just got the Platinum for that game and man the music was terrible terrible terrible.

For me the stunner was Astral Chain. So Beautiful O_O After 140 hours of Akira Toriyama I need something cool in my life. And this is it.

I also love how new and different Fire Emblem looks!

And I LOVE Link's Awakening but I am not sure that style is my cup of tea...

Edited on by Nei

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

belmont

Link's Awakening is my favourite Zelda but thia art style is way bland...

The Direct spoiled IGA, Bloodstained is coming this summer!!!

belmont

Ralizah

@Feena Yeah, and this isn't even taking into account big hitters like Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and whatnot.

It's kind of funny. Mario Maker was huge on Wii U, but the sequel announcement seems to be getting lost in the excitement today.

And yeah, Astral Chain looks awesome. Like Monolith Soft and Platinum had a baby! <3

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Kidfried

@Ralizah Great direct.

Unfortunately, I don't like the Link's Awakening art style at all. It's the same Nintendo bland art style we've seen in way too many recent Nintendo games. It's like a New Super Mario Bros version of Links Awakening.

Anyway, I'm fine. I'll just replay the DX version later this year. That's something I tend to do every three years or so anyway.

Kidfried

Kidfried

Mario Maker 2 and Astral Chains are probably the only game I will play on Switch from that big list.

Not an impressive amount, but it's fine.

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Couldn't disagree more. Looks more like Kirby's Rainbow Curse or Yoshi's Crafted World to me. It looks like the world is made of clay. Not bland at all. Some people definitely don't like the style, but I'm digging it. Although the problem remains that the original is one of my least favorite Zelda games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Oh, and Tokyo RPG Factory's Onikaki looks... pretty decent, actually. I avoided their other two games, but this one seems fun.

kyleforrester87

Good direct - Links Awakening is cool, one of the two games I actually completed on my Gameboy (along with Pokemon Blue). I’ll be glad to play it on Switch.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

@Ralizah At about 0:40 in the trailer, you see a shot of the island. They should have gone with that art style for the game.

The current style isn't clay, but plastic rather. Nothing moves, or breaths. It's lifeless. It's so very clinical.

That's why it reminded me of NSMB at least. But that's all very personal. I see some of you do like it, so that's great.

@Ralizah Their games have always looked decent. But isn't the problem with those games they are to many people just that, 'decent'. Which I thought Octopath also struggled with a bit.

Still, I can appreciate what they're doing, though. And the colors in the new one looked great.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

@kyleforrester87 you didn't complete Super Mario Land?

That one is so good.

Also, I'm praying this game has some kind of 'toggle between original and remake graphics. Being able to play that on Switch, yes, would make me go out to buy it immediately.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

BranJ0

Really good direct!

I'm a fairly big Fire Emblem fan, although very much appreciate the flaws of Awakening and Fates, and the only other game I've played in the series is Sacred Stones, which definitely has my favourite plot of those I've played, but the gameplay of Fates: Conquest definitely takes the cake in map design department and overall difficulty. This trailer really gave me hope just due to the amazing world building in it already, something which Fates sorely lacked, so hopefully Intelligent Systems have learned from their mistakes and we're going to get an excellent game!

BranJ0

Ralizah

@Kidfried Yeah, I can't agree. The style is beautiful. It looks nothing like NSMB.

I mean, just look at this:

Untitled

It's not the style I was expecting, but it looks awesome.

Ralizah

Tetris 99 is... OK. It's multiplayer Tetris. The Battle Royale element doesn't really change much.

I think Tetris Effect has ruined me forever on other versions of the game, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

RR529

This got me pretty excited for Switch this year. I haven't played it much since Smash (though I picked up Fishing Star World Tour recently which is pretty fun), but with Yoshi, Daemon X Machina (still need to try the demo), Boxboy, Astral Chain, Marvel UA3, Mario Maker 2, & Link's Awakening there's quite a bit to keep an eye on. Definitely jealous of DQXIS too (I just beat the PS4 version, so I really can't see myself grabbing it anytime soon).

While I'm still on my Direct high I may go ahead and finally order NSMBU Deluxe (I got a Walmart giftcard for my birthday that I haven't used yet, so I won't have to pay full price for it).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Tasuki

@RR529 I want to play DQXI on the PS4 but I want to play it on the Switch but it will be one of those games I won't double dip for so I have to wait.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Ralizah your image doesn't work! ;

Also, I raise you this:
Untitled

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Ralizah

@Kidfried Weird. I can see it just fine.

I kind of wish this was a remake of the Oracle games, which are my preferred GBC Zelda titles. Or Minish Cap.

It's weird how good Capcom apparently is at developing 2D Zelda games.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

I think Link's Awakening looks perfectly fine. I has indeed a plastic-y feel to it, but that's the intention I think. As if it were a miniature plastic toys fighting each other. I definitely prefer this over Link Between Worlds. And with all the insects and animals moving on screen, it doesn't feel lifeless either. The only thing I'm worried about is Nintendo charging €60 for this!

I've also been thinking. This year is pretty back loaded for the Switch assuming nothing gets delayed. With Yoshi in March or April, the rest of the year gets Mario Maker in June, Fire Emblem in July, followed by Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and that Town RPG.

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

Good direct I thought. At least 2-3 titles I wanted. Amazed they got Hellblade running on Switch. Well, not amazed, impressed.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic