Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 7,480

RR529

Woot! Finally cleared SSBU's "World of Light" with the true ending!

the Galeem & Dharkon combo has to be the toughest boss I've fought in ages. It took me about 10 tries I'd say, and it certainly has come across as the hardest final boss I've yet faced in a first party Switch title.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Haruki_NLI

Final Fantasy X|X2 comes out in April as does FFXII.

Oh and the Dragon's lair Trilogy is being ported too. Enjoy!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Kidfried

No More Heroes games were great. Easy recommendation.

I think the new game looks really good. Only question I have is if the gameplay will continue to be engaging for all of the game, but we'll need to wait on the reviews for an answer.

But the wackiness of the No More Heroes games is great and pretty unique. Keep an eye on it!

Kidfried

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD If you played 20 hours you kinda know what you're gunna get. I have thought about getting the Switch version quite a few times but frankly I play 80% of Switch on my TV so why bother? The PS4 Pro version is native 4K too so it really is a drop down in resolution on the big screen if you're used to that version.

So personally I'd say unless you do a lot of handheld get the better, cheaper PS4 version, and benefit from a few of the cool mods that exist too. Not having a Pro and 4K TV reduces the argument a bit, and not enjoying the noisy PS4 fans reduces it further.

I would get the Switch version for around £20-£25 I reckon.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

Just pre-purchased Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove on the Switch.

Jammin'!

@KratosMD If you're excited about playing in handheld mode, then the Switch version is a great purchase. It's very well-optimized for the system.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD IN GENERAL, games, third party or otherwise, tend not to drop as low in price on Nintendo systems. With that said, I don't know what the sales are like where you live, but in the States, the digital and physical versions of the game have gone as low as $29.99. So unless sales are drastically different where you live, I'd say to keep an eye on discounts and whatnot. OR just buy used if you can find a good deal.

I've had the same conversation with myself about whether to buy games on Switch or the cheaper Playstation/PC versions. But, at the end of the day, if I'm going to play a game for a long period of time, I want to do so on the most ideal platform, and I really, really like the flexibility provided by the Switch's hardware. There's a reason I have a way smaller backlog on Switch and 3DS than I do on PC/home consoles, and it's not because those other platforms don't have great libraries.

Edited on by Ralizah

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD I have just finished my time with Skyrim and played on the Switch. I found it fun to play in both docked and handheld though I used the pro controller a lot. Anyway, I go away a lot so loved taking it portable. To be honest there are so many minor bugs and stuff that the only reason not to go Switch is price.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

@KratosMD I played the Switch version of Skyrim alot more so then the other versions. I tried the game on Xbox 360 several times but due to the shear amount of stuff to do I couldn't get into it cause I just didn't have the tv time to play it. Having it on the Switch is nice cause you can play it in chunks at a time due to it being portable. I find it nice to just lay in bed crafting some things while I wait to fall asleep, or running through a quick dungeon.

As other said if you are a graphics snob and I mean that in a nice way, then you are probably going to want to play it on the PS4 or Xbox One otherwise you can't beat the portability factor.

As for the prices Switch games will always be a bit more because of the cartridges or cards or whatever you want to call them.

And speak of bargin prices at least bargin Switch prices I picked up Mario Kart 8 finally for $40. I really didn't want to pay $60 for a port of a game that I already sunk so much time into but I wanted to play Mario Kart lately and I figured $40 is as chaep as I am going to find for a first party Nintendo game.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Octane

@KratosMD Yeah, it always looked like the NMH brand was tacked onto it to increase the interest in the game. It doesn't really look like the previous games at all.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@KratosMD It was pretty clear from the initial reveal that it WASNT like NMH 1 and 2. In fact I remember them stating as much, that it was a spin-off...

kyleforrester87

I just got Onimusha for Switch - I played it back in the day, I remember not really loving it but I've never really been a big fan of Samuari games. Still, it's always bugged me not finishing it so maybe I'll enjoy it more this time and with From Softwares next game and that Ghost of Tamagotchi or whatever they are calling it on the horizon it might help get me excited for some ninja based shenanigans

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Haruki_NLI

@kyleforrester87 Sucker Punch's next game is a mobile title called Ghost of Tamagotchi. Heard it here first.

I should try Onimusha but at the same time....ehhh my backlog is already huge.

Ralizah

I have a small backlog on the system already, and I feel no pressing need to play the Onimusha remaster right away, so I'll keep it on the wishlist for now.

Ghost of Sashimi looks interesting, but I could also see myself holding out on that for a while.

Ralizah

Bahaha, Nintendo just released an update on Metroid Prime 4. They went full "FF7 Remaster" on it, scrapped what work had been done so far, and are working alongside Retro Studios to develop it now.

Ralizah

@KratosMD I doubt the shareholders will care too much. Metroid, for all the noise people make about it online, has never been a big seller or mover of consoles. 2019 is still getting the BIG releases that will propel Switch sales into the stratosphere like Animal Crossing and a new Pokemon generation.

Ralizah

@KratosMD I dunno. Nintendo almost always announces their games within a year or two of release. It's very much possible this sort of thing has happened during the development process of one of their bigger games before and the public was just never privy to the knowledge.

Well, I think the fact that they got the reaction they did from showing a logo and nothing else was proof enough that the announcement wasn't meaningless. With that said, I totally agree that the announcement was made far too early. I think they realize it, too.

My hope is that there was a significant disparity between the announcement and when the decision was made internally. Hopefully development of the new build is already well under way.

Until then, I actually have many Metroid games to catch up on in the meantime. Never fully beat Metroid Prime 2. Never touched Prime 3. Also still need to play Other M.

Octane

I just wonder why it took them so long? Who was making it in the first place? What has Retro been doing all these years, etc.

And that's the reason why you shouldn't announce logos. Thia is going to be BOTW all over again. Oh well, it's still in a better position than Pikmin 4...

Octane

Octane

Yeah, I liked Other M as well.

@KratosMD I'm still not sure what to think of that rumour. I hope that they've been working on something that's close to completion, and I don't mean the Pikmin 4 close to completion kind

Octane

Haruki_NLI

"I've never seen Nintendo cancel a project and then restart it because they weren't satisfied with it."

Pikmin 3. Project HAMMER. Mother 3. Animal Crossing. Pokemon Red and Green. The first Metroid Prime was initially a different game altogether.

This isnt unusual. However this also isnt unusual in the world of development. It IS unusual to be public about it.

Personally they deserve respect for being upfront about it and not having rumours and leaks get the news out. They want to deliver a quality product much like SE with FF7 and they are taking the steps to do that.

As for why not go with Retro initially? Dunno. But they apparently went to Bandai Namco and if that rumour was true then BN aint good enough.

Either way, take the time.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic