Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 2,939

Kidfried

@Octane With current developments I don't expect us to keep paying for online play next gen.

Wind's howling.

Rudy_Manchego

I was tempted just to protect my cloud saves but I have a NES and most of the games so not bothered. However, knowing my cloud saves get instantly deleted the second it expires sounds crap.

I mean, it should be free. Sorry, it should be. I'd happily shell out a sub for a VC style subscription but c'mon, the Switch is the most likely device to get lost or smashed.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego They should have had the option to make your own back-up files from the start.

Octane

Kidfried

@Octane Because monetization of video games is something that is very much something that is still changing. Because on PC you don't pay for playing online. Because these subscriptions are more and more about the other stuff than the online play. Because you can actually play quite some online games without a subscription on PlayStation. And because we're going into a future of a Netflix model like GamePass, and online play is not part of that. And also because microtransactions are important. Publisher don't want there to be a barrier, like someone not being able to play online, to those MTX.

And also, because it was archaic the moment it was introduced. You don't pay for Facebook, you don't pay for these kind of services anymore anywhere else.

I might be wrong of course, but I can't see this pay for online enduring. That's why you see these publishers add in extra bonuses for their subscriptions: they want to keep the subscriptions, but they also know people no longer want to pay just to play online.

Wind's howling.

Tasuki

Octane wrote:

I disagree. Platform holders should offer online play for free. If they want a monthly games sub, fine by me, but don't lock online play behind the sub. More "free" games like SNES probably means a price hike too...

In would be all over that. Free online then just have something like the Xbox Game Pass that you pay a monthly fee

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki wrote:

Octane wrote:

I disagree. Platform holders should offer online play for free. If they want a monthly games sub, fine by me, but don't lock online play behind the sub. More "free" games like SNES probably means a price hike too...

In would be all over that. Free online then just have something like the Xbox Game Pass that you pay a monthly fee

I don't see that happening, Sony and Microsoft won't wanna lose all the revenue from PSN and XBLG subs.

JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@JohnnyShoulder Maybe we should have something like a bets topic on here. Because now I'm really curious as to who will be right eventually!

Wind's howling.

Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Octane wrote:

I disagree. Platform holders should offer online play for free. If they want a monthly games sub, fine by me, but don't lock online play behind the sub. More "free" games like SNES probably means a price hike too...

In would be all over that. Free online then just have something like the Xbox Game Pass that you pay a monthly fee

I don't see that happening, Sony and Microsoft won't wanna lose all the revenue from PSN and XBLG subs.

Agreed. They have no reason. Sony also has no reason to put mega-hits like God of War or Spider-Man on a Netflix kind service. The revenue from both games alone make up a gold portion of what would be received from such a service anyway.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Yeah or a gaming predictions topic?

This does seem like a massive own goal by Nintendo even before the paid service is live. Jim Sterling is gonna have a field day with this lol.

JohnnyShoulder

Jaz007

@Tasuki Does PSNow have Spider-man or God of War? As I understand, it just got Bloodborne recently.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

RR529

I was personally satisfied with the direct. I'll definitely grab NSMBU Deluxe (the last one I played was Wii back in '09, so I'm not burnt out) & FFX/X-2 HD (X was an instrumental part of getting me into JRPGs, but it's been well over a decade since I last played it).

I'll probably end up getting Yoshi's Crafted World as well, Daemon X Machina still looks good, and I'll consider a couple of the other FF titles as well.

Edited on by RR529

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Ralizah

Looks like I'll be repurchasing FF7 again.

Really excited to play Zodiac Age. I've been holding out for a Switch version.

Why wasn't THIS the Nintendo E3 Direct?

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

So... Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses confirmed for 2019 now. Next year is going to be amazing for first-party content.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Knuckles-Fajita

Yoshi, Pokemon, No More Heroes, New Super Mario Bros. and some surprises.

Sign up for the Rocket League of Legends Tournament (Sept 15th)!

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Website: https://bit.ly/2Ikg7U0

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

49/50 followers - Sep 2

beemo

The latest Direct was chock full of awesome announcements but what I really want is a new F Zero. Realistically however, I'll take some Metroid news!

beemo

PSN: greenbeemo

KratosMD

So I've become rather interested in the Xenoblade 2 DLC that released this week since I really want something meaty to play on my Switch but I'm saving the main game until I've finished the first Xenoblade Chronicles. Apparently though the DLC is a prequel but I've heard people say that one should still play the main game first due to how much the characters spoil it in the DLC. So do you guys think that I should be OK playing the DLC first or do I really need to play the base game before that?

Also I'm still so confused regarding the physical edition that comes out next week. People keep saying that it's stand-alone, but you're still getting a download code for its expansion pass. So if I buy the physical edition, will I be getting the expansion on both a card and as a code?

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Ralizah

@KratosMD Play the main game first. You really don't want to spoil Xenoblade 2 for yourself.

Unless you really don't care about spoiling yourself, in which case: go crazy!

I believe the physical version has the story DLC on the card and the expansion pass stuff as a code.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic