Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 3,235

KirbyTheVampire

@KratosMD Night in the Woods seems like a good option if you haven't played it on other platforms and enjoy story-based games. It feels a lot like a 2D Life is Strange, and there's a lot of great writing and characters. I'm not very far into it, but what I've played has been very enjoyable, and the game has gotten a lot of praise from reviewers and players.

The YouTube channel BeatEmUps does a lot of reviews and recommendations of eShop games and Switch games in general as well, if you're interested in that.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Ralizah

@KratosMD Yeah, Mario Odyssey has a ton of content, and that's not even including the Balloon World stuff that was patched in a few months back (that I've still yet to try out).

Good to hear you're aboard the Hollow Knight train! I'm approaching 22+ hours in my playthrough right now, and I still have a decent bit of story progression ahead of me, in addition to a lot of stuff to collect and/or upgrade. It really is a brilliant little game. Dark fantasy, but with little moments of character-based humor sprinkled throughout. And, of course, everyone is an adorable bug person.

I'm heavily considering repurchasing Splatoon 2 just so I can get access to the Octo Expansion. Based on impressions I've heard, it sounds like the single-player mode the game deserved in the first place.

And yeah, the DK DLC for Mario + Rabbids looks absolutely brilliant.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

KratosMD

@KirbyTheVampire I actually follow that guy, he is really passionate about the Switch. Too bad he hasn't done a video about Night in the Woods, I need to look up that game!

@Ralizah Regarding Hollow Knight; so you've played 22+ hours and are still on the base game and haven't done any of the DLCs yet?

If you do buy Splatoon 2 and the DLC, I would love to hear from you if it's worth buying it strictly for the single-player content of the DLC. I'm really interested in it.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

KirbyTheVampire

@KratosMD Yeah, he seems like a pretty genuine guy. His occasional slight clickbait kinda bugs me, but I get that it's become more of a necessity on YouTube lately.

And yeah I'm surprised that he hasn't. It's probably one of the most high-quality indies on the Switch, and had a lot of popularity the year it came out.

KirbyTheVampire

belmont

I don't know how well the game performs on Switch but I recommend Night in the Woods. I really connected with some of the characters and aspects of the storyline.

belmont

KirbyTheVampire

@belmont I believe it runs at 1080p when docked and 720p in handheld, and it runs at 60 FPS both ways, according to a Nintendo Everything article I read.

KirbyTheVampire

KratosMD

Played an hour of Hollow Knight and managed to defeat the first boss. This game is really good!

Forum GOTY 2018 winners: 1) God of War 2) Marvel's Spider-Man 3) Red Dead Redemption II

RR529

Just put in the pre-order for Ys VIII! It'll be nice to have something with a bit more exploration after the pure non-stop action of Hyrule Warriors.

Also played through the demos of Shining Resonance & Captain Toad today. Thought the controls in SR were a bit stiff in combat, but I liked the character designs (especially the shrine maiden motif Kirika has going on) overall I think it's something I'd like to pick up (Dragons!). Captain Toad meanwhile seems like a very charming experiece, and it looks lovely on the Switch's screen (definitely will grab it inbetween bigger games, likely between Ys & Shining actually, lol).

Meanwhile I've logged 50 hours into Hyrule Warriors and may finally take a break from it. I've completed the main quest and have unlocked most of the characters, and TBH Adventure Mode is looking mostly like grind for the sake of grind outside of the first two maps (which house the most character unlocks, especially the first). Outside of costumes and the 4 characters left to unlock, the rest of the maps seem to offer little more in terms of rewards than health, weapon, and fairy upgrades, which really only seem necessary to take on the next Adventure Map. Definitely enjoyed my time with it though, and I'm sure I'll jump back into it from time to time to do a few Adventure Mode missions.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

KratosMD

@RR529 Yeah the demo of Shining Resonance really sold me on the game. I've read that most people think it looks like a generic anime JRPG but honestly, I like those kinds of JRPGs. It heavily reminds of Trails of Cold Steel in terms of art style, characters, story etc and that's a game I would love to experience on the Switch.

It really is too bad that this game comes out 3 days before Octopath Traveler. Two JRPGs in the same week, that's going to be rough. Really want both of the games though.

Ralizah

@KratosMD Glad you're enjoying Hollow Knight so far. About your earlier question: I believe the DLC content is integrated into the base game, at least to some extent. I know I've collected at least one charm that was a new addition in one of the DLC packs, for example.

The timing of Octopath, Shining, and Ys couldn't be worse, as they're all going to steal sales from eachother. For my part, as I'm trying to not build up much of a backlog on the system, I'm going to end up passing on Octopath and Shining for the moment.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Knuckles-Fajita

I wouldn't like to be Ys VIII even without the other RPGs coming.

Same day as Crash and Wolfenstein after all...

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

carlos82

@Ralizah 100% correct there, Shining is a game that I would want but I don't have enough time to play that and Octopath, the latter being probably my most wanted game this year.

Gotta say I'm having a lot of fun with Hollow Knight too, only a few hours in but already one of my favourite games on Switch.

Ooh and Mario Tennis unlocks this morning 😁

carlos82

PSN: AVGN_82

Feena

So I bought a Switch and Zelda...I knew I couldn't transfer my save but turns out the season pass I had bought on WiiU on the same account I am using on Switch is not downloadable and I would have to purchase it again (they can keep it, honestly)...and you hear people complaining about Fortinte. The most stingy company EVER. The console is great but I am really bummed by this.

Edited on by Feena

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

KratosMD

@Feena Pretty much what Kyle said. I don't know why you thought that would even be possible. Nintendo barely offers anything Cross-buy these days (only a handful of games on both 3DS and Wii U are Cross-buy, but that's about it).

Feena

@kyleforrester87 @KratosMD because it's a digital season pass for the same game ( a cross generation, first party game at that), that I bought on the same account I am using. I can understand that the game is not cross-buy but I expected the dlc content linked to the same owner and the same account to be...I must be really ut of touch with Nintendo but jeez. I guess I learnt my lesson and will never buy digital/dlc from these greedy scumbags again. I am used to better services.

Edited on by Feena

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Wazeddie22

I have my pre-order down on Octopath Traveller which I'm super hyped for.I played the latest demo and really liked the art and writing..can't say I'm impressed by the English voice overs but I'll no doubt change that to the Japanese for the main game anyway.Its going to be great to play a square enix old school type rpg again.
Like a few of you have mentioned,I also played the Shining demo and was really impressed.Felt like a Tales of game and I decided id pre-order that one too...because the release date is ridiculous so I thought I'd give it a fighting chance.
Trouble is I don't usually like playing more than one rpg at a time so I can get into the story but not only have I put 50 hours into Stardew Valley which I'm totally hooked on but recently...as in under a week ago i started Xenoblade 2.I admit I tried the first game on the 3ds but I really couldn't get into it..maybe it was the tiny screen that put me off but I gave up on it really quickly.The sequel however has got me hooked from the start!Love the characters,graphics,story and even got used to the battle system now which confused me to begin with.Only thing I dislike..again..the English voice actors...I really can't imagine they would sound like that.So again,changed to jap audio..
So yeah I'm worried about how many rpgs I will have on the go in less than a month cuz it certainly won't be one..

Edited on by Wazeddie22

Wazeddie22

PSN: Inherentdragon

kyleforrester87

@Feena Dunno I still think you're expecting too much there. We have had plenty of cross gen titles on PS4 and Xbox but wheres the president for handing out free copies of DLC that existed on the previous gen versions? I guess some of the new-gen versions were labelled "Complete Editions" or something to that effect, but that wasn't the case with Zelda to be fair.

*it auto corrected to president, and I like it so im leaving it! :')

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic