Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 7,480

belmont

Is anyone sure if the Switch supports the higher speeds of some more expensive cards to have better loading times? According to an old Digital Foundry article apparently not... I have an 64 one and thing of upgrading.

Just finished Bayonetta 2. Not as strange as the first game, way easier than the first and this sequel-prequel story somehow works. In the end of the day though we still have a generic action game that is fun but does not need all that fuss that had when the Wii U exclusivity was announced.

Started Golf Story and Hollow Knight. I have very positive first impressions. I also have to beat Doom.

belmont

RR529

Just completed the first Adventure Mode map. Not in the sense that I've cleared every mission, but I beat the one that results in a quick cutscene followed by a congratulatory message and end credits.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

belmont

@Ralizah Thanks, I may order a hi speed 128 card, there is not so much price difference with slower cards if you search online. Oh man I wish Vita cards have dropped in price, 64 ones still go for 90+euros.

belmont

Haruki_NLI

Crash Bandicoot is only getting a Switch port because one VV engineer ported the first stage on his own without permission and then they realised a port was doable.

I repeat.

They didnt even bother attempting it until someone went and randomly did it.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

mookysam

Started the Octopath Traveller demo yesterday. I'm on the thief story at the moment and really like it so far. The writing seems nice and I always enjoy classic RPG gameplay and battle systems. The only thing I'm not quite as keen on are the visuals, which are a little dark and blurred with the depth of field a tad overdone. Anyhoo I think I'm sold!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Haruki_NLI

@kyleforrester87 Sure, but it's no less infuriating.

The game could run and clearly has an audience (Especially over the Xbox version it would seem so far) yet the game wouldn't be on Switch....because they didn't even think about it.

Kinda says why Spyro isn't coming don't ya think

kyleforrester87

@mookysam I really like the graphics although I can see why some people think the depth of field blur is a bit OTT. I do think it looks nice though!

I really like the more personal nature of the stories instead of a "save the world" thing. I am an hour and a half into the merchants quest but I'm thinking I'll stop with the story now and just spend the next hour and a half doing some grinding so I'm nice an overpowered for when the game launches

It seems to be a good length too (50-60 hours for the main story), but then you think there is 8 characters so that's only 6-8 hours for each ones plot line. Kinda sounds like not enough when you put it like that! 🤷‍♂️

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

@Knuckles-Fajita PlayStation and Xbox have quite similar infrastructure, Switch doesn't.

Porting isn't very simple nor cheap when developing for totally different systems. It was Nintendo's decision to go for this kind of infrastructure.

Kidfried

Haruki_NLI

@Kidfried Architecture, not infrastructure. Unless they are building roads...

They also had no choice. X86 in this form factor would be a nightmare of heat, power consumption and honestly not worth it. At least ARM is closer than PPC was.

mookysam

@kyleforrester87 Thanks for the tip I'll do that later.

I was wondering if the game would be similar in structure to Dragon Quest 4, where each character had a chapter dedicated to their individual adventure, and then the final longer chapter saw them all come together.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

kyleforrester87

@mookysam it makes the image a lot better IMO. I'm not sure exactly how it works picking up new characters. I have met someone and joined up with them, and I know you can see all stories in 1 play through. My only "concern" is will you be super overpowered if you don't do everyone's chapters in order? I was level 8 when I joined another level 1, so I could theoretically have a party of 7 level 40's when I join up with the 8th charcter, who'll be a bunch of levels behind?

Dunno honestly, have to see how it comes together.

I really enjoyed what I played, though.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD I honestly don't know to be honest. Each characters story is split into chapters, so maybe it's a case of doing everyone's chapter 1, them moving on to everyone's chapter 2. I really can't pass judgement on it yet as I don't know how it'll work.

One thing I do know is I really don't like enemy scaling. I'd rather be overpowered. I know some people do like it though. But for me it would be a poor solution to this "problem".

kyleforrester87

belmont

There is an update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that supposedly lets you meet characters from the first game!

Moreover there are new setting options like auto success in QTEs end more.

EDIT: Apparently there is a new extra dungeon in a new parallel world. You can use two characters from XC1 as blades and the game hints that you can take them to Allrest!!
Beware of (minor) spoilers for XC1 though.

Edited on by belmont

belmont

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Like I said, though, can you do all of (say) 4 characters quests at once, get to level 99 and then be super overpowered for the remaining 4? Or do you have to complete everyone's chapter 1's before the chapter 2's open up, and so on, to keep everyone at a similar level. I didn't find that out during my play time.

I feel there will have to be some sort of restriction in place though.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Having read a bit more, the "chapter 2" areas seem to be full of higher level enemies, so the game pushes you toward doing the chapter 1's first, but technically you could do loads of grinding and push through the later sections. Also, there is some scaling, depending on the number of members in your party, apparently.

Anywhoo, I'm not too fused about the games structure - providing the environments, soundtrack, stories, characters and battle system is all as compelling as it has been so far, I'm a happy boy.

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic