Topic: Nintendo announces SNES Mini

Posts 101 to 115 of 115

kyleforrester87

This is not the place to discuss politics. Thanks for understanding -Tasuki-

Edited on by Tasuki

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Agree. There's hardly a story that can't be told in under 20 hours. Games have so much padding and I have so little time...

Kidfried

PSN: A..nneJanSikkema

themcnoisy

@Tasuki yeah I see that about content on media. But when we hold the likes of ff6, chrono trigger etc in such high regard is partly down to that perfect play time. They sit well under 50 hours. Long enough to become involved but short enough to not overstay their welcome.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki I wasn't discussing politics :')

As for the SNES mini I'd have thought you'd have had all these games already.

I'll get one if/when the stock increases.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Tasuki

@themcnoisy Right that's most of my problem with newer RPGS the time sink evolved with them.

@kyleforrester87 I do have most of them (including Earthbound) on cartridge but sadly my SNES is not HDMI modded So it looks ok on a flatscreen. Besides my SNES is in the front room and this way I can have it in my bedroom for when the tv is in use.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Ryno

@Tasuki: Get HD Retrovision SNES component cables, that is what I use for my SNES on a newer TV.

I have a SNES mini and I'm thinking of starting to sell some of my old retro cartridges. I'm finding that I enjoy remembering the times playing the old games as a kid more than actually playing them now.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

PSN: Ryno1221

Tasuki

@Ryno Hmm I will have to check it out. And yes I agree with ya man. With me moving here in a year or two I am thinking of trimming down my retro collection. As much as I like having a huge collection, let's be practical that stuff takes up alot of room where as a SNES Mini not so much.

I am also getting to the point where I don't want to pay waaaay more then a game should be just for a nostalgia fix which is why nowadays I am looking into things like the SNES Mini.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Reanfan7

@Tasuki Amazon was the seller and it was being sold at the MSRP. Though now Amazon themselves are sold out again and the third party scammers are the only ones with leftover stock on the website.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com Soon to be TheGamerResort.

Stats
Reviews: 548
Features: 206
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

Kidfried

Reporting in, I just finished Super Castlevania IV. More than I expected, this game is quite the technical and cinematic marvel. The game is one huge rollercoaster ride, but unfortunately leaves a lot to be desired in the controls department. Music and graphics are great, the whip is awesome, if only the gameplay was just as smooth (8/10).

Please refrain from giving a score as user reviews are against the rules I am afraid. Post a small paragraph about the game and giving your impressions is fine. Thanks for understanding -Tasuki-

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

themcnoisy

Ok guys and girls how many of you are still playing your snes mini?
I could get one for chrimbo, but dont want a dead box sat on my shelf.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

BLP_Software

@themcnoisy I'm still playing it. Heck I'm loving it (Retro geek and all that). Even using it for charity streams

Switch FC: SW-5242-2997-2115

Kidfried

@themcnoisy I still play on it... a lot, and have hardly touched my PS4 in the last few weeks. The selection of games is just really good and thanks to save states and it booting up really fast, it's ideal for short sessions of gaming.

That being said, to me these games don't feel dated (or even retro), but I know not everyone will feel that way. I got into gaming during the SNES era and I've never really stopped playing its games. I used to play a lot of these games at a friend's house every weekend in the early 00's and I bought a lot of SNES games for the Virtual Console on the Wii. I still wanted to complete a lot of these games, so the SNES Mini came at the right moment for me.

I guess my advice would be to only buy the console if you plan on finishing at least a few of its games.

In other news: I finally completed the Special Cup in Super Mario Kart. I really enjoy this game in multiplayer and graphically it holds up better than you might expect from a "proto 3d" game. Some of the racing tracks have a brilliant design, but others... not so much. That especially hurts singleplayer, with some of the races becoming unreasonably difficult or luck based.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic