Forums

Topic: Gaming's pet peeves

Posts 181 to 200 of 516

Ralizah

I really liked Ratchet and Clank. Actually, the remake remains my favorite PS4 exclusive. It's a very "pure" gaming experience, probably owing to its responsive controls and PS2-era game design.

themcnoisy wrote:

If you play your Ps4 in the front room it's not so great and looks a mess. Still worth it though.

Can you elaborate on this?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah I assume he means the mountains of wires that comes with it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

@themcnoisy I wouldn't say I've grown out of Nintendo's output yet, as I still enjoy many of their games, but at the same time I'm having this niggling feeling that the Switch could be the last console of theirs I own.

I think I see what you mean about cultural soul. With Nintendo it's almost like their games lack continue to lack a certain depth. Something deeper below the surface that's harder to quantify. Maybe more of a story or thematic thing, I dunno. For me, this isn't a "kiddie Nintendo" complaint or a "Nintendo games are easy" thing, because I like both those things. Other developers have come on leaps and bounds, but Nintendo are almost stuck in their same old bubble and as a result have now been surpassed in a lot of areas.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder spot on.

@Ralizah The wires. To be fair you can put them aside in a wire tidy but it's very cluttered.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

Big pet peeve: games that are not cross-buy. C'mon, publishers and Sony, just... do modern things. I just bought The Nonary Games digital (sale!), only to find out it's not cross-buy. Such a bummer!

Now I have the game for Vita and I'm pondering to request a refund to play it on PS4 or just skip it at all.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

@Kidfried hey your back, you vanished for a while there

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, I agree. I’m bummed when a Vita game is not cross-buy. Most of the time, I choose one device to play on so it’s not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have the freedom to play on whichever you want. Most recently I was disappointed that Steins;Gate was given out on PS Plus on PS3, but not crossbuy with Vita, which is where I’d like to play it. Visual novels are so much better on the Vita.

As far as the Nonary Games, I think the 2 games play very well on the Vita. 999 is great. VLR is quite good as well, and actually most people prefer it but I actually like 999 better even though it’s a simpler story with fewer branching paths. Personally I preferred playing them on handheld, because of the visual novel thing. There is no precise controls or combat in the game that is awkward on the Vita button scheme like say, Borderlands 2. But I understand — I’m using my Vita less and less and just doing most all my gaming on my PS4 lately.

(And yes, it’s good to hear from you again, my friend. 😄 I hope you’re having a great holiday season)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD yeah that is annoying, that's why i'm glad some RPG's now a days actually allow all your characters to gain EXP even if they aint in your party albeit not as much as those in your party, that way you can use your powerful characters to level up your weaker ones

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@KratosMD I’m replaying FF7 and forgot that you were forced to use Aerith. As a result she’s massively underleveled so I need to spend my valuable time getting her up enough to be mildly useful.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@KratosMD I think it would be interesting for you to play the original after the remake if for the sole reason that pretty much all of us here have played the original first and we could hear your thoughts from a totally different angle!

nessisonett

@KratosMD I do think it’s easy to burn out on turn based RPGs. Maybe play something lighter like an indie game on your backlog or get stuck into Sleeping Dogs or Bioshock that you’ve just got? It’s only going to get crazier once all the major releases start piling in 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho @Octane Yep audio logs are my gaming pet peeves too. The BioShock games are some of the worst. Especially when they activate when a load of action is happening, and you end up missing half of what was said.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Jaz007

What I don't like about audio logs is that they often need to found with effort. If they have genuine importance to the story, make them obvious.

Jaz007

Thrillho

While I'm enjoying The Outer Worlds, it does have one mechanic I hate..

Weapon and armour degradation

I mean, I get the idea but when does this actually add anything to the game? It's just one of those things that sounds like a neat addition but is ultimately just a pain, particularly in a game like this where I have so much money and weapon/armour parts to make the repairs that there's never any jeopardy of it actually causing me a problem. Even more so when I don't even have to find a dedicated place/person to do it but can make the repairs straight from my menu screen.

Having something so it only has so many used before it breaks could work (like the alien blaster in one of the Fallout games that only had so much unique ammo) but that will probably only result in me keeping it in my inventory "just in case" and never actually using it..

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yep I'm not a fan of it either. I think in Far Cry 2 I found it the worst. Another one like it is being over encumbered, especially in game when you hard expected to gather resources for crafting and such not.

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder Was FC2 the one where guns would randomly jam on you too?

The overcumbered mechanic bothers me less as it’s one way of stopping me from hoarding the entire galaxy’s worth of clothing and food. I am bad for carrying around weapons I will never use and causing myself problems though (e.g. the grenade launcher in Outer Worlds).

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho me too, if i was playing a ultra realistic game then having a limit is fine for example a shooter where you can only carry 2 or 3 guns but if i'm playing something like a RPG/JRPG why do i need a storage limit, it's a game after all, let me carry 200 swords, 100 wands and a bucket load of armour if i want too

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Yeah and with Malaria which you had to keep in check. Damn, that game had a lot in it which annoyed the hell out of me.

@FullbringIchigo In most games you are already able to carry more than should be possible, so doesn't make much sense to have a limit.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@FullbringIchigo Although Resident Evil’s inventory management being like some twisted version of Tetris to fit as much into that grid as possible has to be the worst of all time.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho at least in that game it makes sense though, you're trying to survive with limited resources but most of the time it makes no sense at all

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic