Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 901 to 920 of 5,525

ArcadeGuy

I beat Sonic Mania Plus. Seems I haven't 100%ed it though, for what it's worth.

ArcadeGuy

Gremio108

@ArcadeGuy Have you done the special stages yet - the blue and red sphere ones? That was definitely the hardest part of getting 100% for me.

I just need to finish my all-emeralds playthrough with Ray and then I'm happy

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

ArcadeGuy

No I haven't. It takes me back to a deja vu of having to beat all the mini games in Sonic Fire and Ice.

ArcadeGuy

AdamantiumClaws

Kingdom Hearts A Fragmentary Passage.
After a much-needed break, I returned to this final prologue before Kingdom Hearts III, and I'm pleased to report that it was a pleasant experience. The first Kingdom Hearts game I have thoroughly enjoyed since Kingdom Hearts II, and I'm actually excited for III again now. January cannot come soon enough!

Even the rocks do not recall.

Jaz007

I beat Resident Evil 5. It was my first Resi game and I played the entire thing with a good friend online. It was a lot of fun. It’s a good game for sure. I’m not sure you could say Resi 6 turned it into a action series though. This was barley a horror game if at all. It was definitely an action game.

Jaz007

FullbringIchigo

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIx on PS4, i just did a "Kingdom Key" play through and it made the end boss quite hard

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

Finished A Way Out on PS4 tonight with my son and what a terrific game and experience it was. This game took me by surprise in how much I enjoyed it. I have been playing it the past few days and when I wasn't playing it I was wishing I was just to see the outcome of the story.

In my opinion the story is top notch and very well written. It give me the feeling of a buddy movie alot like Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. The story flowed nicely as well and there really wasn't a part that felt slow too me. The ending was really good and even caused me to get a bit emotional.

If there is a downside to this game it would be that sometimes when you failed it was because you had no idea what was coming up or what is needed for you to do unless you happened to have played it before or you are psychic. Alot of the trophies too are very cryptic at least for me so that may be a downside to trophy hunters.

Overall I highly recommend this game if you are looking for a co-op game to play even if you don't have anyone to play it with there's online. Definitely in my must plays for games that came out this year.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

@Tasuki Game sounds indeed like it it is perfect to play with a daughter/son. Must be a great experience to share together.

"or you are psychic" This made me chuckle.

Kidfried

Kidfried

I beat Sleeping Dogs (got the platinum trophy as well). There's still some DLC stuff left, though, and I wanna go for the 100%.

Anyway, with that behind me I'm always done with my backlog. I can finally justify buying something new!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Congratulations! I've played through that game twice and still never gone for the platinum. Nicely done and enjoy the DLC when you give it a try!

And then, what'cha gonna buy?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Mentioned this elsewhere, but earlier I finished the main story of Sonic Unleashed on PS2.

I was pretty confident that Eggmanland wouldn't be half as tricky as it is on the PS3 version, but it still gave me some grief, not least because of the "do a perfect run of the Day Stage, against a really short clock with timed checkpoints" mission. I think I still prefer keeping the Day and Night Stages separate, though; blending them together on PS3 always felt a little too ambitious, and it makes the PS2 version feel somewhat more playable.

Overall, though, it's a really solid game. I hadn't played it forever, and certainly not since I'd subsequently played the PS3 version, but I reckon it's definitely a suitable alternative.

Will be going back to mop up the last missions and Gaia Temple puzzle rooms tomorrow.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

Finished Metal Gear Solid 2 on the Vita earlier. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first game, which I think has a better story. The large chunk of pseudo-philosophical psycho babble-exposition near the end was hard to follow. The main themes of the story ring true, however. Perhaps more so in an age where many people are fixated on their smartphones and absorb social-media without question.

Sons of Liberty certainly has some very interesting characters though including Vamp, Fortune, Fatman and of course Onion Rose as well as memorable, well-choregraphed scenes.
The fight against the multiple Metal Gear Rays was quite difficult.
Anyways, I enjoyed this one, and am really looking forward to playing Snake Eater.

@RogerRoger @Tjuz Tagging you in because I thought you might be interested.

Edited on by Tasuki

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Thrillho

@mookysam MGS2 is peak weirdness in the series (and that's saying something) but a lot of the plot has significant implications in the other games.

Enjoy MGS3 though which is my favourite of all the games in the series.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam I agree, I found the part near the end difficult to follow too. I would say my younger head couldn't get round it, but in all honesty even now I probably would struggle with it!

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder I got the gist and main story points, but man it was just throwing too many words at the player. I almost zoned out. 😂

@Thrillho I'll probably play 3 within the next few weeks. Certainly interested to see where the story goes!

Black Lives Matter

Tjuz

@mookysam Absolutely agree with everything you said, but I truly hope you meant Rose being interesting in a bad way!

I enjoyed the story in Sons of Liberty, or at least the main outline, but I definitely agree that a lot of the exposition when it got closer and closer to the end became tiresome. I get Kojima had a lot of themes he wanted to get across with this game and limited time, but I really wish he had paced that out better, or at least hadn't made them 10 minute monologues each.

Fortune was definitely my favourite Dead Cell member. It helps that she got the most character building, which I think was were Vamp was quite let down. Not to mention Fortune had a great theme that I was just happy to hear whenever she came on screen. Ocelot and Solidus seemed a bit all over the place, but they were still enjoyable enough. I intrigued to see what they do with the Patriots cliffhanger in MGS4 and in what context previous villains will show up once again there.

That Metal Gear Rays fight definitely gave me a hard time too. Once I figured out you could shoot them in the knee to destabilise them and deal extra damage, it got a lot easier. You just had to find some sort of routine that worked for you, even if that did take a little while for me! I'm also looking forward to digging my teeth into Snake Eater more, as I've only played the first hour or so so far. Clearly I have to now to keep up with you! Just been a bit preoccupied with Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

The game did have it's real moments of frustration though(sniping to protect Emma while crossing struts, the swordfighting in the hallway with Snake...), but I actually didn't have many problems with the infamous underwater section. What about you? I've heard horrible things about it, but it actually seemed pretty straightforward to me (although the way back did take me a few times). The final fight was a bit of a pain in the ass too, but thank the heavens for those ledges! The fixed camera in a 3D environment definitely didn't help matters either in some cases.

I think the whole [/spoiler]Campbell/Rose bait and switch[/spoiler] was probably the weakest part of the story outside of the heavy exposition scenes. It was a shock to the system for sure, but I don't think it really landed the impact that Kojima wanted it to have since I wasn't exactly very attached to these characters. For me it was a moment which thought it was cleverer than it really was, and ended up not serving much of a purpose overall. Something like the explanation of Fortune's origin or Emma's death felt much more impactful and earned, even though they had a lot less screentime.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now and not sticking to what you were talking about in the first place anymore! Hope we both enjoy Snake Eater once we get around to playing it.

Tjuz

mookysam

@Tjuz The underwater section didn't give me too much trouble. I failed twice on the way back with Emma and one of those because I inadvertently swam into a mine. The underwater controls are very dated and the fixed camera angle was a little counterintuitive..

Yeah, Rose was "interesting" interesting. A very manipulative and narcissistic character! Fortune was my favourite Dead Cell character too.

Black Lives Matter

RogerRoger

@mookysam Thanks for the tag and for your honest opinions! The conclusions of the story can be quite tough to get through, but I'm glad you managed to detect and appreciate the timely themes and general message Mr. Kojima was going for. He's an incredibly prescient storyteller.

Glad you liked the characters (or, in the case of Onion Rose, found that they made an impact, whether good or bad) and enjoyed it overall; based on what you've said, I think you'll really like Snake Eater!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Thrillho

I need scissors! SIXTY-ONE!!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic