Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 861 to 880 of 5,530

Tasuki

Ok guys did a bit of a clean up, let's try to stay on topic. If there's something else you want to discuss other then the thread topic at hand please use the chit chat thread.

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Kidfried

Finished Before The Storm Bonus episode over the weekend. @RogerRoger I was preparing for a letdown after your comments on the episode, but I actually liked it a lot.

Was it cheesy, maybe too cheesy at points? Yes, it was. But the fact that you know what is going to happen in the future gives this episode some extra weight. Everyone on here probably has probably had the kind of friendship they thought would last forever, only for it to dilute as soon as you both go your own way. Great stuff, made me almost want to replay the first LiS again.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Oh, I'd definitely play it again if I were ever planning to replay the rest of Life is Strange. As can so often be the case with many of these fleeting episodic releases, perhaps I just wasn't in the right frame of mind when I settled down to play it.

Real glad you enjoyed it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@Kidfried
Edit: oops. I just re-read your post and ... never mind. 😂
Glad you liked it.
I also was motivated to play LiS again after playing it. I probably never will though, but it’s the mark of a good prequel that it at least motivates to

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Nei

So tonight my brother physically got the platinum trophy for Shadow of the Colossus but we've been playing it together/by ourselves (mostly to maximise health and stamina) for a long time and that felt so good! Incredible game, every single time I played or watched it always had moments that made me go...wow!

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

Gremio108

Completed Dark Souls Remastered yesterday. After getting through the DLC (which I've never played before and was ace) I was way, way too overpowered for the final boss of the main game. I recruited Solaire to help, since I wanted a Sunlight Medal, and together we kicked Gwyn's backside up and down the place. Felt a bit sorry for him actually. The beautiful piano-tinged music made it all the more sad. I probably should've saved the DLC for New Game+, but I couldn't wait.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 So I was actually seriously considering getting DS:R last week when GameStop had it on sale for $30. I held off since I can’t get to it for a while anyway. Incidentally I could also have gotten DS3 Fire Fades Ed for $15. Which is the better buy?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Gremio108

@Th3solution DS3 FF is the better deal, content-wise. They're both great. The problem really is that whichever one you play first, the other will then seem inferior.

If you want the full hit of the lore, and the references, and the links between the two games, then you're better off playing them in order. If you're only in it for the gameplay, then play them in whichever order you see fit!

For me, Dark Souls 3 is the better game, but Dark Souls 1 was a more impressive release for its time.

Th3solution

@Gremio108 What I really want is Bloodborne 2, but that’s obviously not coming for a while (if at all).
But thanks, that’s good advice. I have too many other games now, but I might eventually grab one of the two. I get a vibe that DS2 is the weakest, so I don’t have as much interest in that or in getting that limited release trilogy set that comes out soon.

I actually played a little DS on PS3 but I didn’t stick with it long and didn’t enjoy it at the time. But I think I just didn’t understand how to play a Soulsborne game and I’m a much more patient gamer (in some ways) now. Either way, probably DS3 would be where I go first if I delve back into the universe. Besides, that DS3 cover art is pretty much the coolest looking box art on a game ever.

NecuVise

@Th3solution I played ds2 sotfs after bloodborne and before ds3 and I enjoyed it a lot. I like it more than ds3. I'll probably grab ds remastered if there's a good price cut on black Friday.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I played ds2 sotfs after Bloodborne and ds3. It is still a very good game and would recommend it if you enjoyed the others. Its not perfect by any means and there is more not to like than the others.

DS3 a few of the boss fights, areas and lore will not have such as an impact if you have not played the previous 2 games. It will still be an enjoyable experience though.

I did struggle with the general movement in DSR after last playing (but not immediately after) DS3 as I found it a wee bit slow. I found the movement in DS3 a bit closer to BB than the first game. I also found some of the bosses the hardest in DS3 out of all 3 DS games and BB and probably summoned the most help in that game.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

AdamantiumClaws

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

Even the rocks do not recall.

Gremio108

@Th3solution Dark Souls 2 definitely has its moments, and the DLC (which comes free with the PS4 version) is superb. It also has this weird thing where if you kill the enemies enough times, they don't come back, so you can just rinse the place and then you're free to run around these big empty environments. It's very strange.

Dark Souls 3 is the closest to Bloodborne in terms of feel, as @JohnnyShoulder mentioned. The movement is just a bit quicker, but it'll probably still seem a bit slow at first. Also, the boss fights are similar to Bloodborne, in that they usually morph in some way, or change their strategy halfway through. Going back to the boss fights in DS1, a lot of them felt a bit one-note after that.

Edited on by Gremio108

JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108 wrote:

Completed Dark Souls Remastered yesterday. After getting through the DLC (which I've never played before and was ace) I was way, way too overpowered for the final boss of the main game. I recruited Solaire to help, since I wanted a Sunlight Medal, and together we kicked Gwyn's backside up and down the place. Felt a bit sorry for him actually. The beautiful piano-tinged music made it all the more sad. I probably should've saved the DLC for New Game+, but I couldn't wait.

I agree, I did the same with the last boss too. I thought there would be something else but Solaire just vanished.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the dlc, especially the first area as I found it a bit boring. The bosses are Hella cool though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder I feel like Gwyn may get his revenge at the end of new game+.

I thought the fight with Artorias was one of my favourites from the entire series, and it was nice to finally meet him after hearing so much about him in DS1 and DS3. Well, maybe 'nice' is the wrong word but y'know

JohnnyShoulder

@Gremio108 Yeah Atorias was a well cool fight. It was kinda like a ballet or something once you worked out his moveset. And like you said loadsa neat lore attached to him.

I got really really close to beating him on my own, but alas I had summon someone. Helped a few people afterwards to beat him.

Gremio108

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah I was on the verge of summoning. It took me about fifteen goes. I got him down to minimal health a couple of times and it became a matter of principal after that!

AdamantiumClaws

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, the end couldn't come soon enough...

Even the rocks do not recall.

Tasuki

Beat Final Fight on the Capcom Beat'em Collection, which is simple enough but fun neverless. Brought back alot of memories.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@beemo If you can't beat Final Fight or any of the games for that matter on the Capcom Beat'em up Collection then you might as well not play video games.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic