Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 801 to 820 of 5,489

Jaz007

@Th3solution @RogerRoger I think assuming people played the previous games is a consistent problem with the Arkham series. When I played City, it felt overwhelming at first with the gadgets and what not because I hadn’t played Asylum yet. It definitely felt like it lacked a proper tutorial a bit. I still absolutely loved the game though.

Jaz007

ellsworth004

@Thrillho have you played lost legacy? After beating 1 and 2 and playing some of 3 it would seem weird with no Nate.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Thrillho

@ellsworth004 I haven't I'm afraid. I've always had other games on the go and have been waiting for it to appear on offer. I've heard good things about it though.

Thrillho

Ralizah

Finished Ratchet and Clank on PS4. I collected all the Ryno cards, all the weapons, completed all the objectives (optional and mandatory) on all of the planets, and found all of the golden bolts. So not quite 100% completion, because it's impossible to fully upgrade your weapons in a single playthrough and I still have trophies to earn and a challenge mode to beat, but I'm satisfied with what I accomplished.

Really great game overall. I was originally planning on just blowing through it, but the game kept me hooked. The presentation is absolutely gorgeous. The plot, while entirely unoriginal, is still pretty involved for an action-platformer. There are a ton of unique weapons to learn. Gunplay is fast, responsive, and satisfying. While levels are generally pretty linear, poking around them generally rewards you with extra stuff, which is nice. This is one of the few games where all of the modes are fun to play as well. While Ratchet's run'n'gun gameplay is the best, I also enjoyed Clank's escape sequences and puzzle-solving, and the fun, Star Fox-esque air battles in the fighter jet.

There's very little to be critical of here. The epilogue is too brief, and the end credits suck, but otherwise, this is an absolute gem, and my favorite PS4 exclusive thus far.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@ellsworth004 You ought to if you have any love for the action-platformer genre. It's stellar!

Tasuki

Did a playthrough and beat SMB2 on the NES Classic tonight. Been a long time since I beat that version, in the past if I wanted to do a playthrough of that game In would usually just play the Super Mario All Stars version. It wasn't my best run a couple of places my timing was off or I would totally forget where an enemy was but over all not a bad run. I think next I might try and beat The Legend of Zelda.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

ellsworth004

@Tasuki 2 games from my childhood that made me into the game that I am today, legend of Zelda and the very first metal gear. You have a original nes?

ellsworth004

RogerRoger

End of last week, I cleared the main story of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance in five hours across two play sessions. It was like slipping on an old pair of shoes; the gameplay is so unique and so visceral, I felt right at home after the prologue and constantly had that "just one more go" feeling driving me forward. When I got home late last night, I stayed up to clear the two DLC chapters, I was so keen. Incredible game!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ellsworth004

@Tasuki how much did you have to pay for that if you don't mind me asking, I had one but it stopped working.

ellsworth004

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Glad you enjoyed it; I actually found it frustratingly challenging, because I kept trying to play as though I were controlling Raiden. The changes to Sam's abilities were just subtle enough to throw me off-balance, and the enemies were more frequent and FAR more aggressive (played both the campaign and DLC chapters on Normal, too). Interesting how you appreciated Sam's differences because it reminded you of a later game, though!

I much preferred the BladeWolf chapter and will be interested to hear your thoughts.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger i love that game, i wish Konami had done a sequel to that instead of whatever Survive was meant to be

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Tasuki

@ellsworth004 It was $185 and quite honestly worth every penny. It's the best HD NES Clone out right now and I have had it run every one of my game perfectly even Castlevania III which alot of clone consoles have problems with. The down side is that it doesn't come with any controllers but you can use original NES controllers on it and they do sell a wireless controller.

If you are curious about it you can check out their site.

https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=36&produc...

My Backlog

Ralizah

I beat the true final boss in Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon on my second nightmare mode playthrough. What a brilliant little game! Better than a large chunk of older Castlevania games, actually. This is what I wanted Castlevania III to be.

I'll definitely need to do a run where I sacrifice everyone, but I'm pretty satisfied for the moment.

Tasuki

Continuing with the NES Classic I did a play through of Mega Man II and beat it tonight. Still one of the best NES games of all time.

My Backlog

ellsworth004

@Tasuki Thanks for the info. I have really wanted to play the legend of Zelda and some other games for awhile. I'll definitely check this out.

ellsworth004

Ashkorsair

Just platted tokyo xanadu ex+

Ashkorsair

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic