Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 781 to 800 of 5,530

Th3solution

@Kidfried And then the fruit stand says, “You want my best pineapple? I’ve got this bigger juicier one for 4 Euros.” 😂
And I walk away from be stand with the 3 Euro pineapple wondering if the pineapple he sold me was the one he was going to throw away since he obviously had much better ones in stock 😂
And then I see he sells his best bananas (Ratchet & Clank) for only 2 Euros, the best deal in town. And I think maybe he’s making up for his banana losses by hiking his pineapple prices. 🤣
And then I realize his parent company who funds his farm and his overhead (Sony) is who tells him what to charge anyways, and so I know the fruit guy is just trying to sell the best fruit he can, but I still kinda wish the big juicy pineapple was the same price as the average pineapple.
Lol, ok ... I’ll stop now ...

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@KALofKRYPTON @Kidfried Amyways, well at least for me - as long as I feel like the game is complete and wraps up well when I finish it, then I can live with the existence of DLC. Just as long as it doesn’t detract from the base game. I like to feel closure when I see the credits. But I do think early DLC announcement is a bit of a PR issue when we feel like content is carved out. I realize I am likely in the minority on that, and I need to roll with how things are done in the current gaming release world. I’m just a little slow to adapt.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON My point is, you're not getting less than with other games. I think it's only fair to charge more, when developers make more.

I know I'm kind of on my own in this. I've noticed that already on the internet many times. Even though I have way less to spend than most people here, I wouldn't be one to complain when video game prices were raised. It's a really difficult market, and a big part of that is gamer to expect two dollars of game play for every dollar they spend.

Twenty hours is fine. It's a finished product. It's probably easily worth the money they're charging. Who cares what extra content they make afterwards?

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Th3solution I've been known for making weak comparison. You made my comparison a lot more fun.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried I’m a big fan of metaphors. 😉

Thrillho

@Th3solution I think Witcher 3 is the only game I've ever gone back to specifically for DLC (and that was definitely worth it).

Whereas FF15 I still haven't played as I've been waiting for them to finish everything off before getting it. At this rate I probably never will..

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, I really need to get around to playing The Witcher 3. Not sure what I’m waiting for, as I own the Complete Edition.
I just need to finish off some of the other games I have going on.
And I also have the base game for FF15 which I have not played either and, Yeah ... should have waited to get the Royal Edition or whatever Edition comes next

Th3solution

@ellsworth004 By the fruit vendor analogy, with FF15 Square Enix is like, “Here buy this pineapple. Ok, now buy this pineapple juice. Ok, now buy this pineapple cobbler. And here, try our pineapple sherbet. Now look here, we now have pineapple upside-down cake for sale. Buy it and I’ll throw in some pineapple cocktail with diced pineapple... Not sick of pineapple yet? We’ll come here and taste our new pineapple smoothie...”

Edited on by Th3solution

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

I think I paid full price for all the Arkham games and didn’t feel cheated at all (well, Akrham Knight and I don’t have a good relationship, but not because of its length).

Sorry to pick such a minor point out of the wider discussion about pineapples (he says, literally just having sipped from a glass of pineapple juice whilst reading the whole thing), but could I trouble you for a clarification on why you and Batman: Arkham Knight didn't have a good relationship?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Of course, no trouble at all. (And pineapple juice is actually one of the most underrated juices, btw)
I really liked Arkham Asylum. It told a great story and the new gameplay and combat was at the time, mind blowing.
I liked Arkham City even more. Adding more freedom to roam and the tons of things to do with all the Riddler puzzles and such - it was just a blast. Not sure the narrative was as strong as Asylum, but I would say I enjoyed it immensely and I have it as one of my top 10 PS3 games of all time.
Enter Arkham Knight. About 4 years had passed since playing an Arkham game (I skipped Origins). I bought Knight on release, even preordered it as I recall. With much anticipation I started playing and for some reason it didn’t seem as fun as I remembered A City being. It’s easy to blame the Batmobile, because it was a little annoying how much emphasis there was on it, and the novelty of vehicular combat wore off quickly on me. However, it’s more than that. Honestly, I think part of it was that the game dropped you into combat so quickly and there was a real lack of tutorial guidance, evidently the developers assumed players would be adept at the Akrham style fighting right off the bat (no pun intended) and It had been a while for me and I kinda forgot how to fight. I resorted to button mashing and just wasn’t having success and didn’t feel like a superhero. I think I got distracted by other things in my personal life and then along came Uncharted 4 and before I knew it, Arkham Knight was a footnote in my gaming history. And actually, in retrospect, the timing in my life was not right. Sometimes the real word just gets in the way.
Now with the retelling of this — I realize I need to try to go back and complete it sometime. I have since become re-accustomed to the combat through playing Shadow of Mordor and the other clones. Maybe one day.
Sorry for the lengthy explanation. 😬

JohnnyShoulder

People forget the cost of games has not risen much while the cost to develop has skyrocketed. They need to recoup the money somehow, and this one method of doing it. I'm not saying I agree with it, but there is another side to it all which sometimes as gamers we fail to see it understand. Developers and publishers are businesses after all.

I don't quite understand what the hoo ha is with Spider-Man. They announced there would be DLC back in April. I doubt it is cut content and that the story in the main game will end in the right way. No one is forcing anyone to purchase the DLC.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Pineapple juice is the greatest of all juices and perhaps the greatest beverage, period. If ever I emerged from a desert and was given the choice of any drink, it'd be pineapple juice.

But let's not get sidetracked; never apologise for answering my question! I asked primarily because I value your opinion and enjoy reading your takes on things, so the more paragraphs the better (although please don't now think I expect 2,000 word essays every time we cross paths around here). I'm grateful for your in-depth response, because your sentence about Arkham Knight was one that piqued my curiosity, since I've heard others say similar about the game but never for the same reasons. Some hate it for the Bat-Tank, others hate it for the post-launch release structure, and yet more still find fault with the storyline, characters, level design and even the music... you name it, I've heard it criticised, yet there's never one universal overriding answer between them all.

All that said, you're the first person I've heard saying that there was a lack of guidance, but it's something that I immediately agree with. Given that it was the fourth main game in a popular and semi-regular franchise, there is an edge of expectation about Arkham Knight. The new gameplay elements it adds to the established core mechanics are a little bit of a fiddle and only really useful in scripted sequences, and then much of the effort centres around the Bat-Tank. Most tutorials out of the driver's seat are short, or only flash up if you repeatedly fail to do something. Interesting; you've added yet another perspective to this topic for me!

I also understand and sympathise with how real life can impact gaming, even when there's no fault with the game itself. Going back and replaying certain games from certain periods in my life can be a challenge at times, simply because of the memories. I hope, if ever you do decide to try and return to Arkham Knight, that it isn't too rough for you. Thanks again for your reply!

@KratosMD I agree with every word you've just said about MGR: Revengeance (right down to grinning from ear to ear when Sunny showed up and surprising myself with how much I adore the soundtrack). I'm really glad you enjoyed it and feel like it's a worthy chapter in the Metal Gear saga, because many don't and their reasons are often ones I personally find a little unfair.

I've replayed the core game many times, but never the DLC. I really should, and not least because LQ84i BladeWolf is one of my all-time favourite Metal Gear characters. Enjoy!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RR529

Just cleared the campaign in Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders (Switch).

I put my full impressions in the Switch thread, but overall I thought it was a cool little WWII dogfighter, especially for the price.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ellsworth004

@Th3solution Yeah that's alot of pineapples. I totally agree with what your saying, but I guess it what the gaming industry has become. Buying games day 1 has really became a silly thing to do. Better to wait for goty edition or whatever, it would seem like eventually this would effect sales.

And not even because of dlc, updates adding new modes like ng+, photo mode, etc. I would guess this has alot to do with the publishers wanting the game out asap. Because if game developers are anything like I am, I am sure alot of them are, I take pride in my work and would not want to release a broken product that needs 10 updates to fix.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

AdamantiumClaws

Kingdom Hearts 1. My second ever and last playthrough. I love the story, but the gameplay really sucks. And the last boss is just........too much.

I did create a number of different saves throughout my game in case I wanted to experience certain parts in chunks though. And I guess I might come back to it in the future, but only if I play it on Beginner. Final Mix mode can kiss my rear end.

Even the rocks do not recall.

RogerRoger

@KratosMD Thanks to you, I'm now playing through Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (and having an absolute blast with it once again, so that's genuine thanks!).

Making It So Since 1987

ellsworth004

Just finished Uncharted 2, big improvement from the first one. Now on to 3!

ellsworth004

Thrillho

@ellsworth004 I reckon 2 is my favourite. The mission where you’re jumping from vehicle to vehicle is peak Uncharted as it feels incredible as you pull it off but afterwards realise how linear/set up it all is.

I’m not sure how you could play them back to back though!

Thrillho

ellsworth004

@Thrillho I've been playing other games, so I don't get to burn out. Yeah that part jumping from truck to truck was really fun.

Have you played through all of them? Just wondering if each one gets a little longer?

ellsworth004

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic