Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 621 to 640 of 5,530

themcnoisy

@Kidfried Poor man Splatoon and the Bunker? I thought the Bunker was the best FMV game I ever played.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

RogerRoger

@Th3solution A common problem, I'm afraid. When it works, it's excellent but my first playthrough was ruined by bugs (worse, bugs that didn't loop or crash anything, so I played the last two chapters in a confuzing mess of guesswork). Played through a second time to get the additional trophies they added later, and it was much better.

The movie will be good.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution The same thing happened to me with Firewatch. Unfortunately loading a save from the cloud didn't fix it for me.

That was a couple of years ago, surprised they haven't released a patch to fix it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@themcnoisy Maybe I'm the problem. I might just not be the target audience for this game. I longed for some more interactivity. The sparse interactivity that was in the game still felt forced and irrelevant. And I love walking sims by the way, they can suck me in so easily.

The game requires no engagement at all. It's a movie to me that pauses every 10 minutes and has me look for a hidden play button somewhere rabdomly on the screen.

Also, the game is sluggish. This is a story that could have easily been told in 40 minutes instead of 70. Some scenes go on for too long or add nothing to the drama. Like that Monty Python sketch I was thinking: "get on with it!".

Didn't hate this game, but just didn't feel a connection to it. I might be the only one, though!

Kidfried

Kidfried

@KratosMD I do fear we'll see less and less traditional campaigns in these shooters, though...

You're on a roll,by the way. Beating games left and right. Love to see how you play across consoles and across generations all the time. I haven't played on anything but my PS4 since 2014 to be honest.

Kidfried

shonenjump86

Kirby Star Allies

Switch Friend Code- SW-7254-3677-0897
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Mario Kart 8, Capcom Beat em Collection, SNK Heroines.

PlayStation- Shonen86
Fighting games.

Add me if ya like.

PSN: Shonen86

NecuVise

Bethesda is there to give us quality fps campaigns.

NecuVise

Jaz007

It's barely a game with two small choices, but I just finished Neki-NinExHeart (all ages V.). Awesome visual novel. Fun story and completely adorable. It was a little short, but it was worth it.

Jaz007

NecuVise

I've just finished Uncharted The Lost Legacy and I have to say that this is my favorite one and I think this is the best uncharted game! I had no expectations whatsoever going into it and I was blown away by the game. What really stood out for me were characters and their interactions and conversations. In the past uncharted games I didn't care that much for characters, as it was just over the top globe trotting adventure game, but here it was much more meaningful. Even the main villain was interesting. I'm so sad that I've finished it. I'd like to play the next one immediately, so that's a testament for the game.

In some situations Chloé was just like Lara Croft

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD It will be interesting to hear what you think of Far Cry 2. I know a few people that thought it was the best one ever, but I found some aspects of it really annoying. Really liked 3 and 4 though.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JJ-firl

Finished VA-11 HALL-A last night. Working as a bartender is a great way of storytelling and the rewards for remembering details are neat.
A lot of references to modern and classic movies and tv-shows (even The Simpsons) and overall great dialogue. Throw in a challenging shoot ‘m up minigame and you have yourself a great cocktail of bartending sim and visual novel.

I did experience some technical hiccups during my two playthroughs (including two crashes where I had to restart a whole day) but nothing that ruined the experience.

Edited on by JJ-firl

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

FullbringIchigo

i just beat God of War, well the story anyway i still have some side stuff to do and i recently finished the Royal Edition DLC for FINAL FANTASY XV and it added a LOT to the end game, more bosses and quests and i'm pretty sure they uped the difficulty too because even at level 102 i struggled

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD No not played Primal. It came out a bit too soon from me finishing 4 and as much i enjoyed the game i was done with the series. I do wanna play Far Cry 5 at some point though.

mookysam

God of War, which was rather excellent. Some particularly standout elements for me are the level design and story - particularly the ending bits. Lots of big exciting set pieces in boss fights too. It struck me that so many story driven games now seem to forgo engaging "game-ish" level design, but Santa Monica Studio struck a nice balance. A few niggles, but on the whole they didn't detract from the experience.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Th3solution

Finished off a couple of games today.

First, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier (season 3). What can I say? For some reason I really enjoy the Telltale games, despite their recycled gameplay formula, somewhat misleading illusion of choice, and poor technical performance. I just like the stories and they never seem to drag on too long and they give you ethical dilemmas that make you think. This installment of TWD was very good and I would say I enjoyed it as a whole, probably on par with season 2, but not as impactful as season 1.
The story started off strong and peaked at episode 2, then faltered a little, imo. The ending was fine, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t really excited now for Season 4. The way it ended leaves just enough closure to the immediate plot points, but also a very easy segue into the next season. I really want to see what happens next!
The highlight was the characters. Javier was a fitting protagonist, with a sorted past yet lovable and relatable. I really liked him. Clementine is just great. Clem (Telltale’s version of Ellie ... or is Ellie Naughty Dog’s version of Clem?) is maturing and growing into her role as the ruthless survivor with a tender heart. Although she is not the main focus of this season, she was a welcome addition when she was involved. Other characters were just okay.
Graphically, the game is pretty good, with that traditional Telltale art. The characters look better than I remember before, show emotion well, although they still move a bit stiff. I like the graphical presentation personally, but it does get inconsistent, with weird quirky times when people turn their heads strangely or look low for a moment.
My main gripe is that this was my absolute worst experience on any Telltale game (and I’ve played about 5 or 6) from a performance standpoint. The game froze on me a total of 3 times, requiring full exit from the game and restart. A whole section of episode 3 has black glitchy bars running across it blocking several scenes for about 15-20 minutes. As far as I’m concerned, these issues shouldn’t be in a game a year and a half old. I can forgive little things, but when the whole game doesn’t even work at times, that’s beyond my capacity to look past.

I also completed Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. Now this is a true “walking sim” in every sense of the word. I’ve played other walking sims and there is usually at least a little puzzle solving involved, perhaps some light “go and fetch this” mechanics to help uncover the story, but EGttR has virtually nothing but walking and observing. There are items and rare prompts to interact with to listen to or watch story points, but the extent of input you provide is literally only press the X button a few times and motion events where you tilt the controller a bit. Lots and lots of walking. And no sprint button. So lots and lots of slow walking.
But I did enjoy it. I enjoyed it quite a lot. I understand the reason for the game design because the message it tells is so introspective and philosophical. I think this game has probably the deepest premise of any game I’ve played. The journey and the end had me scratching my head and trying to make sense of life and my place in the universe. I will probably be thinking about the game for a long while. And so in that, I think the game succeeds.
And the game is beautiful. It performs solidly, never much of a stutter, and you really feel like your walking through rural England. I think I’ll go back in for another playthrough for the platinum actually. It’s a good chill out game with the great visuals and beautiful music. If you like pondering life and the deeper parts of existence, I highly recommend it, if you can tolerate simulated walking.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Zukato

God of War. I just want more after finishing it. Particularly in the story department. So much good lore around the whole thing, such a perfect fit to help build the mythology and make us care about it.

Faithful to Jesus.

PSN: ZukaHoly | Twitter:

Ralizah

Recently finished Child of Light. Really neat little game! Between the wonderful art direction, the unique writing (everyone in this game speaks in verse - more specifically, iambic pentameter), the really solid Grandia-esque battle system, and the surprisingly emotional story it tells, I was very satisfied with the experience. If I had one criticism, it'd be that I think the ending felt a bit... rushed? The final act felt like it should have had a bit more of a build-up.

I'm really shocked that the studio behind it, Ubisoft Montreal, which is responsible for games like Far Cry, Watch Dogs, and Assassin's Creed managed to produce such a unique RPG.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

DerMeister

@KratosMD Glad to see you liked DMC4. I finished it a couple months ago, but for whatever reason I didn't bring it up here.

I'm not sure if I agree that it's better than 3, but it has been a while since I played DMC3. Gameplay wise it was definitely a step up. Once you got used to Nero's sword revving and Devil Bringer, playing as him is quite a treat, and laying the smackdown with his arm never got old. I liked how Dante got all his styles at once here, giving more options during combat. And the SE having Vergil, Lady and Trish as playable characters is a nice bonus (I especially like the upgrades to Vergil).

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

AhmadSumadi

Platinum’d God Of War weeks ago then began searching for my next adventure. Tried ESO, Lords Of The Fallen, Darksiders I and II, and even Everybody’s Golf. Recently settled in Skyrim though. I’ve been trying to get into this game for years now and I’m finally enjoying it.

AhmadSumadi

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD Quick question but did you ever notice how bad the sound balance was with DMC4, most of the time i can barley hear anything anyone is saying when i play it, i had to turn the SFX and Music down to the minimum setting and turn my TV way up just to hear it

and it's not just the PS3 version that does it but the PS4 version too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic