Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 481 to 500 of 5,490

ellsworth004

@ArkhamKnerd been playing gravity Rush remastered also. Really surprised me, very good game. Definitely gonna get GR2 when im done with the first. I hear it's even better.

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

ApostateMage

I recently finished Uncharted Lost Legacy and thought it was great. Not as good as Among Thieves but I enjoyed it more than Uncharted 4. Time to go for the platinum but I'm not looking forward to the awful timing of dodges against Asav on crushing mode.

ApostateMage

Rudy_Manchego

I finished up Night in the Woods yesterday. Overall, I really enjoyed it and I found the game got better as I went on. It could do with a little more focus in terms of exploration and mini games but the game was about the writing, characters and your interactions which I really loved. That said, I can see it isn't for everyone and there is a LOT of reading to do.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego Thinking about getting it on the Switch myself, it just feels like it would be one of those games that would be good to play on a portable in bed before I got to sleep for the night.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Rudy_Manchego

@Tasuki Absolutely - the only reason I didn't buy this on Switch is that it was on sale for the PS4 a few weeks back. As a warning, this is more walking sim then platformer. The platforming is used for very very light exploration and very light puzzles with some mini games thrown in. Most of it is reading text and making dialogue choices. At the same time, this is probably what makes it a better fit for the Switch since you can pick it up and play it as a relaxing story rather than sit in front of the tv.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Doctor_BK

I beat Ratchet and Clank for the second time since it was released awhile ago. Such a fun game. Was going for the plat, but the dang ‘Death by disco’ trophy didn’t pop and I’m not in the mood for another run through.

"Flame, dear, flame."

PSN: GrzzlyWzrd

Tasuki

@Rudy_Manchego Yeah I have seen some reviews and game play on YouTube, been sitting on the fence with this one for awhile as it's not one that I can see myself playing in front of the TV for long periods of time. Then I heard it was coming to Switch and been waiting for it to come which it did yesterday.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Fight_Teza_Fight

Shadow of The Colossus.
Lived up to the hype. Beat the game in one day- that's how much I enjoyed it.

Favorite Colossi: 5, 7, 10, 13
Least favorite: 4. Hate this guy.

Think I prefer The Last Guardian, but this was excellent.
10/10 for soundtrack. Played the entire game with headphones on.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

jdv95

Ac origins and it's dlc.
got around 90 hours out of it.

Great ac game but not the best one though.

jdv95

Rudy_Manchego

While I waited for my delayed SOTC delivery (finally arrived), I finished off Resitance Burning Skies and Bastion. For Bastion, I had played most of it late last year but for some reason, stopped before the end. I picked up the cross play on Vita and rattled through the last third. Really nice little game.

Kidfried

@ellsworth004 @Sebsen7 It's an amazing game indeed. It took me two playthroughs though, to get the plat. First one to enjoy the game, the second (significantly shorter) to get all the collectibles.

I did it in 8 hours, I think. Pacing in the game is great, you'll breeze right through it, anyway you choose to play it.

Kidfried

JJ-firl

Tekken 7 plat. Very fun and obtainable platinum, especially for a fighting game.

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

BAMozzy

jdv95 wrote:

Ac origins and it's dlc.
got around 90 hours out of it.

Great ac game but not the best one though.

I too have beaten the game - inc the 'Complete every area' achievement and all Side Quests as well as 100% completed 'The Hidden Ones' DLC.

As a 'game' its easily the best Assassin's Creed game I have played. AC2 was the best before - at least in my Opinion and its story still holds up today. AC: Origins story isn't necessarily the best but the game-play, the world its set in and attention to detail is superb. Combat is improved and a lot of fun too. The weakest aspect is the 'modern day' bits but thankfully these are very brief and have quite a few easter eggs. The Hidden Ones is more of the same although its also a bit more 'challenging' in some areas. The big fort for example is far more densely packed with soldiers, loot and Commanders.

I really enjoyed the game - so much so its easily on of my favourite games of 2017 and I would highly recommend it...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Rudy_Manchego

So just beat Shadow Of The Colossus for the first time and I am glad to say that it lived up to the hype. Game was awesome and the ending devastating. Who would have thought that killing things could make you feel bad?

Th3solution

I just “beat” The Bunker, well... just “completed” the game would be a more apt description, but anyways, impressions...
I really liked this game. It’s not a game-of-the-year type game, but it was quite entertaining. Actually as a “game” it is pretty simple, more of an interactive movie. You do control where the main character goes and what he does to an extent in a typical point and click style of play. The fact that it’s live action makes it much different from anything else I’ve played.
The story was really well done I thought. To avoid spoilers, I’ll keep it considerably vague, but the plot didn’t drag on too long, unfolded at a good pace, and had an appropriately good pay off at the end. The production value was a wee-bit lacking somewhat and made it a little campy at times, but that’s being nit-picky. The acting was decent for the most part, especially Adam Brown who plays the main role.
I picked his up in one of the year ending PS store sales, I think I paid $10-12, I can’t remember. For a 2-3 hour experience that you’re not likely to replay and is digital only so has no trade in value it’s hard to universally recommend it to all at the full asking price of $20. But in my opinion, for what I paid on sale which was basically the price of a movie ticket, it’s a much better experience than many of the movies I’ve paid to see. And I got a platinum trophy to boot.
Thanks to the forum and @get2sammyb for recommending it to me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RR529

the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Great game. Open world is an interesting step for the series, but I think there are a few tweaks they could make to make it better.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Rudy_Manchego

Just finished and got the Platinum for Rime. I really liked this game - not necessarily mind blowing but was quite peaceful, I liked the art, music and world. I had wanted it for sometime, waited for the Switch version, saw how many issues it had then it came on PS Plus. I like it.

ArkhamKnerd

I finally beat the main story in AC Origins the other day. I liked it a lot and still have plenty of side quests and leveling up to do. Also found Firewatch cheap in a sale and finished it last night. I enjoyed the dialogue but the story didn't wow me like I thought it would.

ArkhamKnerd

PSN: ArkhamKnerd

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic