Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 381 to 400 of 5,530

Th3solution

@themcnoisy Ha, ha! Yeah, I got like 75% of the way through Broken Age and I just haven't been able to make myself finish it. It's one of those games that bugs me that I never finished because I know I'm pretty close to the end, but just have no interest in doing it, except for the trophies. I probably never will. Unless you tell me the ending is something special.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@Th3solution some of the trophies are glitched. Theres one hidden one which is at 1.4% completion, yet you need to have the prerequisites for that trophy in order to get one which is at over 5%. So annoying. And its near the end.

The games ok, but it tries to be too clever and some of the puzzles are way passed logical thought. With all point and clicks and walking simulator type games you cant view a guide to appreciate them, else you just bypass the dialouge and feel of the characters. But with broken age and tbf the length of time between playthroughs that was more often than I would like to admit.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ztpayne7

@themcnoisy yeah, I enjoyed Broken Age but there were some parts of it that I needed a guide because the solutions were bizarre. I think the main reason I enjoyed it is that it felt different than a lot of other games I played, but the act of self-discovery was definitely hindered by needing one.

ztpayne7

DerMeister

In my backlog cleaning effort, I've so far finished Fire Emblem Echoes, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, Batman Arkham Origins, Jak and Daxter, and Kingdom Hearts 1. Still got a ways to go, but progress is made.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

BranJ0

@DerMeister Just wondering, how did you find Fire Emblem Echoes? I'm a really big Fire Emblem fan, and have played a lot of games in the series, but looking into it in detail, it seemed like the gameplay in Echoes was a bit iffy, with lots of the map design just being terrible open fields. I have heard the story is good though, which does interest me. I loved Fire Emblem Fates Conquest for its map design and overall gameplay, it was incredible, but the story made me want to pull my hair out, and it seems like Echoes might be the reverse scenario

BranJ0

DerMeister

@BranJ0 The maps in Echoes can be dull at times, especially the deserts in Celica's route and the game's dungeons, but I felt the challenge, especially at the later stages, did a good job of masking it. The story is pretty good, written well enough, and has great voice acting to boot. If you can get past how oddball it is in comparison to the other games, it's worth a playthrough.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

BranJ0

@DerMeister Hmmm okay, sounds like it may be worth a shot! I'll go for it once I've cleared out my backlog a bit!

BranJ0

BranJ0

@KratosMD Ahhh okay, that makes more sense. It's a shame the developers didn't spruce up the maps a bit from the original Gaiden, but as long as they're still quite good, I think I'll enjoy playing this! The main reason I asked is that the last Fire Emblem game I played was Revelation, and the map design was so atrocious that it put me off playing Fire Emblem for quite a few months now, but with Warriors just around the corner I'm getting back into the mood, and if the story really is good, I can't wait to play it!

BranJ0

DerMeister

@KratosMD @BranJ0 Yeah, I'd say that's on point with Echoes' maps. I haven't played Awakening or Fates yet, so I couldn't give a direct comparison. I suppose a good reason why the maps feel dull is because you'll likely see the dungeon and overworld maps more than the important ones. The story battles were fun and memorable, but I don't think I could say the same for the battles en route to them.

SilentJ

It's been quite a while since I've actually made it to the end of any game but I did recently beat Actual Sunlight and Home on Vita. They were super short games so that helped. Still gotta go back to 100% Home on Vita and then possibly on PS4.

PSN ID : MrPink78

Th3solution

@SilentJ I played Actual Sunlight, which was short but actually quite poignant. Games addressing mental health so openly are not very common. I can’t say I enjoyed it, given the depressing nature of the story, but it was unique and worth the hour or two to play through. Left me with mixed feelings. How was Home? Worth the short playthrough?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

kyleforrester87

Just finished Evil Within 2, really enjoyed all 21 hours of it. The last 3-4 chapters built up to a great ending I thought. Don't really like to put a number on it but if I had to it's an easy 8. Hope they continue this series...

Plus Sebastian sounds like Solid Snake sometimes.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Rudy_Manchego

I finally finished Infamous Second Son this week. Fun game, looked great as well. If I had time I would do it again for the Plat but will more than likely move in.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Th3solution

@Rudy_Manchego Playing First Light would be another option. It was free on PS Plus a while back, if you claimed it then you may have it sitting in your library. It is short and imo Fetch’s powers are actually more fun to play around with than Delsin’s and she is an interesting character.

Rudy_Manchego

@Th3solution cool, I think I missed it when it was on plus but will watch out for it when it is on sale. I liked Fetch so am interested in a prequel.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Fight_Teza_Fight

After 140 hours I called time on Disgaea 5. Had to cut the cord, because that game is all consuming. It's a shame really, because I spent over 500 hours on Disgaea 3 & 4 each. Just don't have that kind of time to commit to one game anymore.

I really enjoyed the game. The story is good, the cast is great and overload/revenge can really change the tide in battle. It's the most streamlined and accessible the franchise has ever been, which has it's pros and cons. Some of the micromanagement and RNG has been replaced with slow but consistent gains. Makes reaching end game easier, but post-game becomes a real grind.
There's a trophy for 10 billion damage and less than 7% of players got that. That's pretty bad for a niche game with a hardcore following.

Solid entry and as always fantastic value for money, but I hope D6 puts the fun back into the grind.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

TomKongPhooey

Watchdogs 2. nothing to write home about but deffo better than the first.

No 1 Superguy!

PSN: TKP_1st

FullbringIchigo

Sonic Mania, Sherlock Holmes The Devils Daughter, Resident Evil 6 and Pokemon Sun

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RicoLico

Just finished Neon Chrome, it's pretty addicting actually! When I first played it I personally found it kinda boring. But a few days ago I decided to give it another chance as I had nothing else I wanted to play. Ended up liking it quite a bit. If you have the time, check it out. Its a nice little indie they gave out on PS Plus a few months ago, at least its better than We are Doomed or Don't die, Mr. Robot.

RicoLico

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic