Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 301 to 320 of 5,490

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Wheeey! See I really really want to play it myself but I'm holding out hope for a PS4 version. I think on some level I'm hoping to play it through you in the mean time haha

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment: Not entirely done playing (there's still a challenge mode, new game +, more skulls to collect, etc.), but in my mind, I've completed it by finishing the story with a 90+ item collection rate.

It took me a while to get used to the change in the way Specter Knight controls, but honestly... this is probably one of the best 2D platformers I've ever played. The gameplay is really solid with a perfect difficulty curve. The writing is strong, with a surprisingly emotional climax and epilogue. The way you unlock things in the hub by completing environmental puzzles, the way that the game teaches you how to use new items (battling your way out of a special environment where you're not punished for messing up), the awesome way Specter Knight controls... everything floored me.

I think I like this more than the main game. I can't wait to see what else Yacht Club Games releases in the future!

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Nei

@KratosMD 9 is a gem, though not really THAT different.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

kyleforrester87

Played through Mother Russia Bleeds in 1 sitting this afternoon co-op with a friend remotely by shareplay.

This game is the business! Is it as good as Streets of Rage? Nah, but it's about as good as a modern equivalent could be. I love how super depraved it is. Very cool game. @themcnoisy you should take a look, it's less than £4 in the sale right now.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

themcnoisy

@kyleforrester87 I'm off on me holibobz Tuesday bro but will take a look when I'm back. Cheers mate.

@KratosMD Every sonic game since Sonic 3 has been awful. Mania will be the true return to form.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ellsworth004

Finally finished the surge, pretty awesome game, I heard dlc is planned for it, looking forward to that. Also played through arcade mode of next machina, that game is really, really fun. I love housemarque games. Is alienation any good?

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Rudy_Manchego

Ok, so after close to a month or so I have finally beaten the main story for Bloodborne. I'm happy I tried it, my first 'Soulsborne' game, and it was as great as all the people recommended it to me. I think I liked the world the most, the gothic lovecraftian setting and enemies were amazing. The level design was very clever and the combat was so satisfying.

Unfortunately, I sucked at the game so had to spend time levelling up. Some bosses were easy (Father Gasgoine, One Reborn, Celestial Emissary I all managed first time) but some of the NPC's and bosses just wrecked havoc on me for ages. I'm probably too burnt out to now do all the chalice dungeons (or face another 21 bosses to get the platinum) but I might return to it. Also this game seemed to dominate my life - I normally play late in the evening and the adrenaline of taking on bosses right before bed meant I went to bed wired.

So next game to focus on will be finishing up all the shrines in Zelda BOTW and 'finishing' the main questline. After that, some nice chilled games!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

ApostateMage

@KratosMD brilliant isn't it? That emotional scene at the beginning chokes me up every single time I watch it and i've seen in a good few times. Apparently Troy Baker was tearing his hair out because Neil Druckmann kept making him do that scene until it was perfect, which it was.

ApostateMage

Sanquine

Titanfall 2.. What a masterpiece.. Such an underrated game

PSNid= Sanquine90

PSN: Sanquine90

DerMeister

@KratosMD Rayman Origins was seriously my favorite platformer since Crash 2. Given how much I love that game, that's really saying something.

Origins was the comeback Rayman needed and Legends was even better from what I heard. I really want a new Rayman, but Ancel is currently busy with Wild and Beyond Good and Evil 2.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

Rudy_Manchego

Well I finally 'finished' Zelda: Breath of the Wild. By finished, I mean I have spent over 100 hours on it since March, found all the shrines, memories, divine beasts and a load of side quests. Didn't do them all to be honest, in the end I was starting to get bored so wanted to end while I still liked the game.

My verdict is that it was a great game and an original take on the open world genre. Full freedom of movement and the ability to pick and choose what you wanted to do at any point worked really well. I think it is up there as one of the top games of the year. I still think it was a little overhyped at launch - it has some niggly bits I didn't like as much. Combat was avoidable and not that enjoyable, story was light and the side quests were not particularly engaging. That said, if I managed to spend over 100 hours on it then you know it had something going for it.

As for the Switch, perfect title and I am going to miss my time playing it quick moments here and there (even on the toilet to get a few minutes peace and quiet). Apart from Mario Kart, I don't have much else I really want for it but.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Shellcore

Finished Yonder to my normal measures (main story complete with 70% of trophies achieved). Contemplating going for the plat. Not a hard game at all, but lots of searching for certain things...may take some time. Beautiful game world, but farming is underutilised at the moment.

PSN: Aleks-UK

Ralizah

@KratosMD Rayman Origins is a lot more cohesive than Legends. Origins feels like a proper platforming adventure, whereas Legends is more creative but feels like a disjointed level pack. It's very much a Super Mario Galaxy vs. Super Mario Galaxy 2 situation.

Both games (Origins and Legends) are amazing fun, but Origins feels like a more complete experience to me, and was more satisfying as a result. Also, if we're talking specifically about the PS versions, Origins doesn't have an annoying trophy that requires you to grind online challenge levels for (literally!) hundreds of days.

Edited on by Ralizah

CThrash13

My wife and I made it through Outlast over about 4 or 5 play sessions. I died plenty of times, but it was a pretty intense game as advertised. We'll be starting up Whistleblower followed by Outlast 2 shortly thereafter!

CThrash13

Twitter:

ellsworth004

I finished main story of mad Max, great game for the price I paid for it.

Finished inside, the end of it was interesting to say the least. I guess I'll go back and find all the orbs to get alternate ending. Great game, puzzles get a little tricky, but not so hard that your stuck for hours.

Edited on by ellsworth004

ellsworth004

PSN: ellsworth004

Ralizah

So, I'm not sure to what degree you can really beat the game, since the star of the show is the online multiplayer, but I did complete Splatoon 2's single player campaign. Overall, I think the campaign is an improvement over the original, with better level variety and, of course, a ton of replayability with different weapons. The final boss fight isn't nearly as challenging or memorable as it was in the first game, though.

Overall, I enjoyed the single player campaign, and I can definitely see myself replaying it in the future with different weapons.

Rudy_Manchego

I polished off Super Metroid in 3ds this week. Must have finished it 10 times over my life but still really enjoyed it

Fight_Teza_Fight

Just beat The Last of Us Remastered. First time I've played this game in 4 years and its even better this time around. Turned the difficulty down to normal and just enjoyed the story. Truly one of the greatest games ever. Going straight into Left Behind now, which I missed first time around.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic