Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 281 to 300 of 5,530

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Music to my ears. I've wobbled on about it before but Super Metroid is a game that made me a gamer really. As a kid, it was quite tough, particularly bosses but I would persist. My dad also got into it and we would spend ages exploring and exploring and then telling each other where all the different items were.

I've kept my SNES to play it and completed it again only last year. Honestly, my favourite game of all time.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Ralizah

@KratosMD What about Metroid Fusion? If you haven't played that, you REALLY should, considering you're such a fan of Metroid games with plot and character development. One of the few games in the series that actually develops Samus as a character.

Zero Mission is my favorite, though. It's like Super Metroid, but less floaty, and with an AMAZING final act.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@KratosMD No reason to ever play anything before Super Metroid. The original game is kind of miserable, and Return of Samus is dark and boring.

And yeah, Nintendo abandoned Metroid after Other M. After almost a decade without a good Metroid game, Nintendo unveiled Federation Force... you can probably see why fans were so annoyed.

I'm not a superfan, but I love some of the games. If nothing else, it's vastly different from any of Nintendo's other big franchises.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

Beat AC Syndicate last night. Thought it was pretty good. It's open world comfort food. I know what I'm going to get with AC and the setting was really well done. Enjoyed liberating London. Evie, Jacob & Starrick were pretty good characters.
Looks like the modern day timeline is back on track. Perhaps once the shroud is retrieved it can be used to 'reconstruct' a certain fan favorite...

My only negative really, is the parkour. Far too rigid and not imaginative enough. Seemed like a step back compared to previous entries. The grappling hook isn't needed & makes escapes and traversal far too easy. Why climb up viewpoints when you can just shoot up there? If that's the case the whole map should've been made available from the start.

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Flaming_Kaiser

Dragon Quest Builders was really good fun.

Flaming_Kaiser

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah MGS2 was way ahead of its time, and in lots of ways could be considered the best MGS game. I know that game inside out, somewhat pathetically I completed it three times in one day back in 2001 (very easy, easy and normal) picking up all the dog tags for each difficulty on the way lol.

European Extreme difficulty was tough as hell, the hardest part was pressing X to survive solidus's tourturing lol

Three is a good game, but gets too much praise IMO, as people call it the best in the series. Cobra unit suck, too.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

Finished Until Dawn. Excellent game! One of those games I've had for ages, but never got around to playing it. Moral of the story: If you got a Psycho coming after you don't listen to anything I say, because my decision making is poop. Ended the game with just 2 survivors! It was going so good for the longest time, but I choked. Unlike TellTale games your decisions actually matter. Looking forward to replaying it some time down the line.
Another excellent PS exclusive. Hope Sony can get SMGames to make a sequal.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 Haha it's a great game to play with other people around. Hope she's good with holding a dualshock perfectly still in tense situations, because I evidently am not.

ProGamerTip: Don't play Until Dawn slouched on a bean bag.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@kyleforrester87 *facepalm

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah, "survival" is obviously a key theme in MGS3 hence stuff degrades, you have to eat and fix injuries and manage your camouflage. To be honest the only system that really bugs me is the camo one, it's annoying and clunky and I tend not to bother choosing the best one for the job because I can't be bothered to go into the menu lol.

The story is pretty great overall and easier to comprehend than number 2 - I just prefer the weirdness of number 2 lol. Also, where as MGS2 had you running round lots of fairly similar arguably dull environments (Big Shell), the jungles and complexes of MGS3 are far prettier, but I found myself just blazing through it a bit sometimes. Still, it's the first MGS game where the scope seems to serve a real purpose.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah just get through how you can and enjoy the plot the CQC is pretty good in Snake Eater. Once you get the machine gun hold down fire and listen out for Snakes "yaaaaaAAAAARGGHH!" lol.

To be honest, when you look at the big picture, Big Boss/Naked Snake just ain't as cool as Solid Snake.

kyleforrester87

DerMeister

I just beat Uncharted 4 today.

Overall, a good game. I really like the gameplay improvements, traversal with the rope and better stealth, as well as the car surprisingly enough. My only complaint is that throwing grenades back was removed, which I wasn't happy about and could have really helped at some moments. The story however, was kinda disappointing. The interaction between the trio of Nate, Sully and Elena is great as usual, but while I liked Sam at first, I grew iffy towards him by the midpoint, and I don't like how his existence basically retcons Uncharted 3. I wasn't a fan of Nadine either, because it feels like she exists so the main villain has a second in command, and nothing else. Here's hoping she's better in Lost Legacy.

"We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real 'greatness' is what you do with the hand you're dealt." -Victor Sullivan
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing." -Solid Snake

PSN: HeartBreakJake95

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Lol are you just playing games every waking hour through the summer? You finished that pretty quick lol. I generally agree, although I quite liked the ending section of 3. Agree regarding Cobra Unit, they were interesting but had no depth as enemies apart from maybe The Sorrow. And yeah, Big Boss just isn't as cool as his son. And yeah, the supporting cast were pretty rubbish too. Ocelot was okay but he doesn't come across as someone who'll eventually become the character he is in the later games.

kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD Yeah I guess people were a bit bummed out with 2 because they expected to play as Snake for the whole game and didn't find out otherwise until launch. Also, while the story of MGS1 was not exactly straight forward it was a lot more comprehensible.

I think if you were going to recommend one MGS that someone should play, it would be 3 as it's the first one in the time line and is kind of enjoyable as its own experience. But out of the lot, 2 might snatch the crown.

Personally, it's always gunna be MGS1 for me

kyleforrester87

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic