Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 5,490

nessisonett

And that’s Tekken Tag Tournament done, all endings including the alt costume ones such as Panda and Tiger. It’s not quite as good as 3 but it was definitely fun, with a great cast including some personal favourites such as Jun and Lee, who were absent from 3. I’ve got a copy of Tekken 4 now so I’ll probably boot that up at some point and see what improvements have been made! Tekken Bowl is proper good fun as well, reminds me a lot of the Super Monkey Ball minigames.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Glad you enjoyed Tekken Bowl, I had great fun playing that as a kid.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder It’s especially good if you use the dream team of Kuma and True Ogre, to completely block the screen with their sheer size.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I've only recently found out from playing the latest game why a panda bear is a playable character.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

I beat Trails in the Sky the 3rd there. I’m really sad that the trilogy’s over, I loved my time with them and basically binged them this whole year. I know I‘ll see some of the characters again in other games but it’s still a bittersweet feeling, it was a great ending and I’ll maybe go back and replay them in a couple of years. Onto the Crossbell games now, I have JP copies of both Vita ports so it’s just a question of patching them. This will definitely be interesting.

LieutenantFatman

Just got to the end of the story mode for Star Wars Battlefront 2, lots of cool set pieces to enjoy. Shriv was very funny. Had low expectations going in but enjoyed it. Quite cool how they tied it into so many of the films.
Even if the whole, "ZOMG, I think I'm a baddie! Reckon I should probably switch sides," angle was far too contrived. I think with a bit more effort they could have made that a lot more believable, but it was still fun, despite that.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman Glad you (mostly) had fun!

Many people were salty about the whole switching sides thing, because they felt as though they'd been mis-sold a game where you play a campaign from the Empire's perspective, but it's a standard Star Wars trope and I thought it fit well enough. Having said that, the opening couple of missions before that moment are definitely its highlights. I think the assault on the dockyard is my favourite, seamlessly switching between your TIE Fighter and your feet. Very cool stuff.

Shriv is the entire thing's MVP, and his mission with Lando had me laughing out loud. If they ever wanted to bring him back in some capacity, maybe in a future game, I'd have no objections!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Beat Star Wars Jedi Knight there. Last time I lost my save on level 13 which was awful but I managed to pull through and properly finish it off. It’s pretty good, relatively outdated but still mostly fun. The only problem is that the lightsaber duels are terrible, there’s 0 way of knowing if your attack actually landed and the bosses murder you in about 3 hits. Can’t believe I beat it, the final boss was hard as nails.

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
Yep, definitely have to agree, the mission with Lando was hilarious. Really was solid gold. Perhaps we will see a return in Battlefront 3 on PS5, you never know.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@LieutenantFatman "Great, how many weapons are we picking up?" "Um... zero? We seem to have melted them." "Then what's our cargo?" "One desperate Duros and a ridiculous man in a cape."

I live in hope. It'd be a smart crowd-pleasing move to bring him back, win EA some easy goodwill.

@nessisonett Nicely done! I remember you saying you'd lost your progress and wondered if you'd ever return and try again. At least its lightsaber duels are kept contained to occasional boss fights; in sequels Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, they're much more frequent and yet still just as unpredictable. Do you think you'll continue with the series, or was that enough for you?

Oh, and you're right, Jerec is a jerk. I always used to use an invincibility cheat as a kid; think I've only beaten him "properly" once, and it took a while, for sure!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I own the whole series on Steam so I do think I’ll play the others at some point since they’re less likely to be as frustrating. I did enjoy my time but those bosses truly were hard. Jerec in particular, I managed to trap him so that he wouldn’t run into the core to heal himself so that definitely helped. No clue how I would have beaten him otherwise!

HallowMoonshadow

I'm back a decent bit earlier then I planned.

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Of Cold Steel (More like Trails In The Sofa with how much I played the last two days ha ha 😅) has been completed.

I'll admit I did have reservations before starting the game regarding how much I'd actually like this...

... But I really quite adored this on nearly all accounts by the end.

It's really reminded me of my first time playing Persona 3 in how that was my first Atlus game & I couldn't wait to go through their back catalogue after playing it.

I'm quite eager to have a look at Falcom's other games now too...

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Welcome back.

Definitely check out Falcom's Ys series. Ys VIII, in particular, was really good.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Good to be back @Ralizah. Didn't feel quite right being away after Kratos going.

Are the Ys games linked similarly to how The trails games are or is that more of a seperate entries kinda series?

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Glad to see you back and that you enjoyed Cold Steel. I finished off Sky the 3rd so I’m only a couple of games behind you and could catch up if I had even less of a life and idk, you had your hands in casts for a couple of months 😂😂

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Separate, aside from Ys I and II, which are connected. They all, to my knowledge, take place in the same universe/timeline, and there are small references to previous games and returning character cameos dotted throughout the series, but they can be played in any order, for the most part, without losing much of anything when it comes to appreciating the experience.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Don’t forget Ys Origin! Great game and very much related to 1 and 2.

Ralizah

@nessisonett I mean, it's a prequel to the series as a whole and is set hundreds of years before even the first game, right? My understanding from discussions with fans is that, aside from small references (which exist throughout the series), it can also be appreciated as its own thing.

Using the Geofront translation patch for Zero? I hear it's fairly high quality. I'll probably wait for them to finish with Ao no Kiseki as well.

nessisonett

@Ralizah Yep, the translation’s been great so far. I’m really missing the turbo button for battles though, Sky Evo made battles a breeze being able to speed up.

Ys Origin does tie directly into and somewhat spoils the first Ys game though, in terms of characters not being who they say they are. It’s definitely more related than for example, Ys 2 and Memories of Celceta. I’d recommend to play Ys 1&2 and then Origin afterwards for maximum impact.

HallowMoonshadow

Oh that's good to hear @Ralizah (Not to mention Ness's input) of the Ys series. I'll definitely give 'em a look.

Cold Steel does mention Crossbell a few times and I think there's a particular nod to a character from those games but otherwise the first at least is mostly just focused on Erebonia. The second might have a few more ties to Crossbell from the looks of things.

nessisonett wrote:

Glad to see you back and that you enjoyed Cold Steel. I finished off Sky the 3rd so I’m only a couple of games behind you and could catch up if I had even less of a life and idk, you had your hands in casts for a couple of months 😂😂

Ha ha I am gonna have a little break @nessisonett between the first and second Cold Steel games (So you do have some time to catch up ) but I do wonder what I'm gonna do regarding the third if that does indeed bring the games together...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic