Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 5,530

Thrillho

@MS7000 Yeah, a few of us on here have played it and the general feeling is that it’s still good fun but slightly flawed technically. For me, it was the camera that was a real pain.

A very achievable platinum though if that’s your sort of thing.

Thrillho

nessisonett

I beat Dead Space there. It was really great, slightly padded in the middle but just good gory fun right until the end. The plot was better than I was expecting too, it had a great twist towards the end that I didn’t see coming. It’s strange though, I didn’t really find it scary after the first hour or two since the tools you’re given are so effective against the necromorphs. The plasma cutter is just such a cool weapon and shooting limbs off the aliens never grows old. I’ll probably play the sequel sometime soon because I really did enjoy it a lot.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

@KratosMD There’s no trainers? Like actually none? What were they thinking??

RogerRoger

Well, that's DOOM 3 all done.

I won't do a full write-up about it, partly because I'd end up repeating what I've discussed in other topics of late, but I also don't wanna derail @Ralizah halfway through their excellent series of reviews.

The game most certainly pushed me outside of my comfort zone in some respects, so I'm having trouble deciding whether I felt it dragged because of that, or whether it really did just outstay its welcome. I wouldn't recommend anybody playing the two expansions right after completing its campaign; despite some small, noble efforts to mix things up, there's no escaping a repetitive edge to that much DOOM. There are only so many times a man can blast a horny demon in the face (madam).

I pushed on because I had a sneaking suspicion that if I said "nope, I'll save the expansions for later" then I'd never return to play them. At least now, I can say that I've seen everything through, and I've got a semi-satisfying 50% complete trophy list to prove it. That's enough for me.

Glad to have experienced it, though. It's an interesting bit of gaming history.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Eh, don't worry about derailing me. I'll do my thing regardless of what anyone else posts.

It doesn't sound like you were as gaga over it as you were regarding DOOM 64. I'm expecting the same to be true for me, but we'll see. It'll be interesting returning to it, since this is the one game in the series I'm actually nostalgic for (having played it as a kid when it first released).

I was surprised how many times I played DOOM 64 in a row, actually. I did my initial playthrough, and then my playthrough of the extra campaign, and then a third playthrough where I obtained all of the demon keys, and then messed with a bunch of extra stuff. I usually drop a game like a hot potato when the credits roll.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

WiiWareWave

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth has been added to my list of completed games on PS4! I have only beaten around 10% of my PS4 games, but like the Wii U, , 2DS, PS3, and Vita I'll squash my backlog when the generation winds-down since I won't be getting a PS5 until at least 2023. My Switch will keep me entertained while I'm between tackling games in my PS4 backlog. Of course I will play my Vita and Wii U every now-and-then too. I sold my 2DS to a friend last year since the screen is too small for my impaired eyes to handle and my Vita is the TV version A.K.A. PSTV so no problems there, and the Switch Lite's screen is 'almost' as large as the one on the Wii U gamepad so that's plenty big as well.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

PSN: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Thanks, and I know you would; my brain wrote that sentence. It worries about optics.

DOOM 64 was an incremental upgrade to a childhood favourite, whereas DOOM 3 was... well, it wasn't that, let's put it that way! Which you already know, as you're returning to it, not playing it for the first time; that'll be interesting, I didn't realise that. Did you play the two expansions back then as well, or will they be new to you this time around?

Must admit, there was an eerie charm to DOOM 64 which surprised me, too. Despite my fondness for the series, it's hardly become my first choice of game in my (debatable) adulthood.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Nah, I just played the base game. I'm not even sure if I finished it. I didn't really do a whole lot of finishing games when I was young. Realistically, apart from the emotions I experienced when playing it, it'll probably be mostly new to me, even apart from the expansions.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

And that’s all Tekken 3 endings done, including Ogre, Gon and Tiger, the secret characters. I could definitely see myself going back to it for local multiplayer at any given time, the fighting is just so fluid. Tekken Ball is a bit crap but I’m looking forward to Tekken Bowl, which is in Tag Tournament, the next game I’m going to play. From what I understand, TTT isn’t canon but let’s be honest, Tekken plot makes absolutely no sense anyway!

Thrillho

@nessisonett Tekken 3 was great. That is the one that tries to introduce the Street of Rage type game mode as well isn’t it?

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Arugula That's the FMV game currently on PS Plus, isn't it? Was gonna add it to my Library as something different, as I'd heard good things, but it didn't grab you...?

Making It So Since 1987

Fight_Teza_Fight

So I beat Sonic Forces lately & loved it.
Got it through PS+ so I wasn’t expecting much, but probably my favourite 3D Sonic since generations.

The platinum turned out to be incredibly grindy, so I just settled with S ranking all stages.
Really great fun, especially if you got it through PS+.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Thrillho

Just had the credits roll on TLOU1 and I still think it's a great game.

The pacing can be a bit funny and, for me at least, it suffers from deciding that an area is either for combat or not for it. By that I mean that all combat in the game comes in little clumps so the threat from people and infected only comes in these small bursts.

Lots of people seem to have memories of the game having a silly amount of moving ladders around but playing it again, it really doesn't happen that often but it's only really ladder/plank parts and sections with Ellie on a raft (very handy that so many wooden pallets are left around!) that would count as puzzle sections.

Finally, I still like that each season and area has such a distinct feel. The Winter section is fantastic but the "boss fight" between Ellie and Adam is so annoying.

I really love the overall story and I'm intrigued as to where they're going to take it with the sequel. I'm going to play something else for a bit now but go back to play the Left Behind DLC as I never played that on the PS3.

Lots of pics from photo mode to dump into the screenshot thread at some point too

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Yeah, Tekken Force was surprisingly fun. A full beat-em-up with fighting game styled moves could be pretty cool, now that I think about it.

MS7000

Welp, I finished the main story of Xenoblade Chronicles and kicked the final bosses butt (though I get the feeling I was very over-leveled for the fight). So using some funds on PSN, I brought Overcooked 2 earlier today and I have just farted through the game getting 3 stars on all the levels. Much better than the first one (the first one was good too), but I thought it was easier.

Then I beat the game just now and realise that there is now a 4th star for every level, and the worst part is my score doesn't come close to what is required for that star. I wonder if the forth star is meant to be tackled with friends? Either way, I'll probably buy the dlc sometime in the near future. Would heavily recommend.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Rudy_Manchego

So I finally finished The Last of Us Part 2 and I have complex feelings over it.

Think I will do something in the user impressions thread with lots of spoiler tags all over it. My overidding feeling is that the game was just too long with not enough variety to sustain the story. However, the other elements both good and bad I'll leave till later.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

RogerRoger

@Arugula That sounds fair enough; thanks for clarifying, particularly its length, as I could take that subjective risk for the sake of a couple hours. Anything longer and I'd leave it.

@Fight_Teza_Fight I haven't gone for the platinum in Sonic Forces either, for the same reason you highlight, namely that it's a grind. Every time I replay a couple stages for fun, I swear I'm gonna trip the last "collect X amount of rings" trophy and then I'll just be stuck with the challenges, which look to require a truckload of repetition and perfection. Glad you liked the game otherwise!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula Wow, that's definitely dedication to a cause!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Rudy_Manchego Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the game sir!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic