Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 2,320

KratosMD

Just finished Limbo on Xbox One. I played through this game on PS3 a long time ago and I recently saw that I had the game through Xbox Live Gold so I decided to give it another playthrough. The achievement list is also mostly easy, I got 800/1000 G on a single playthrough which was definitely worth it. The game itself is really good and I'm glad that I had another chance to play through it again.

KratosMD

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Well... I've seen some of Ending E @kyleforrester87, @Nessisonett, @Ralizah, @th3solution for NieR Automata

I got to Square Enix in the credits by myself without taking any damage... How I actually managed that I'm not too sure but hey I was pretty pleased with myself 😂 I couldn't get any further then that though after about ten or so retries before giving up as it really ramped up the difficulty then.

I'm assuming I have to connect with the network and maybe play it through with someone else though? I'm not quite sure of the mechanics here... I was kinda unsure of what to say yes to at this point

It's... Gimmicky like you suggested it could be taken as @Ralizah ... But it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it could've been... It's a weird inbetween of gimmicky and emotional for me.

I'll complete it for good on Friday or something as I've got lesson planning to do the next two days and honestly that's it for me posting about NieR Automata for me in this thread... I am done talking about it lol

-EDIT- ... Nice use of music by the way! I really do like that song and it was pretty neat on how that was used for that

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy You'll definitely want to connect to the network for help. It's part of the experience. It gets a bit wild. You'll see.

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

PSN: Ralizah

KratosMD

Just finished Super Lucky's Tale on Xbox One. At first I didn't really like the game that much but towards the end, it became better and better. I honestly felt like the game was too difficult in its two first worlds and then it became easier in the third world and onwards. For example, I mentioned in an earlier post how the 2D levels in this game were much harder than the 3D ones. They actually became WAY easier in the later worlds. For instance, the 2D level in the last world literally had no gaps between platforms to fall through. You literally couldn't fall to your death at all, which was the most common way to die in the first 2D level. It's so bizarre.

I even managed to collect everything in the last two worlds, which honestly felt good. I tend to avoid doing stuff like that but since the game became easier and I started to adjust to its wonky controls, it felt much more fun and so I wanted to collect everything in each level.

Overall it was quite a good game but as I tend to say about Xbox Game Pass titles, I'm so glad that I didn't pay for this game. It was definitely worth experiencing once but nothing more.

KratosMD

RogerRoger

@KratosMD As a long-time Sonic fan, sentiments about uneven distribution of falling deaths and sentences like "the game became easier [as] I started to adjust to its wonky controls" have me totally understanding your journey with Super Lucky's Tale, even if I've never played (and won't likely ever play) it for myself. I'm glad that, like me with most Sonic games, you eventually found the fun!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

@RogerRoger Haha yeah the Sonic games can get quite frustrating as well. I still shudder whenever I think about my playthrough of Sonic Unleashed, lol.

An enhanced version of the game is available on the Switch though and I've heard that it's much better than the Xbox One version. I've only played the demo on Switch but the controls definitely felt better compared to the XB1 version.

KratosMD

Thrillho

I finished The Outer Worlds this afternoon and while I did enjoy the game, the ending felt fairly abrupt and it took me a minute to realise that was actually it.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I just beat Resident Evil Revelations 2

I still have the Extra/Bonus chapters to do (That'll probably take an hour or so each) and Raid mode is nowhere near done but the main campaign is over. I rather enjoyed it!

I don't think it really needed to be episodic though... Should've been just a normal release with a Claire campaign then a Barry campaign. Still good Resi fun though!

Ya don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all ya need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis Persona 3

PSN:GoddessFoxy-E

》My No Commentary PS4 Youtube Channel《

KratosMD

@Thrillho I started playing it yesterday and I thought it was brilliant in terms of its puzzle solving and traversal in the solar system. However, I didn't feel like it was worth continuing the game after a couple of hours playing. Do you think it's worth playing through to the end or do you think I have experienced enough of it?

I spent 2-3 hours and managed to find Feldspar, the guy who was stuck within a planet or whatever that was about, lol

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Thrillho

@KratosMD Bloody hell, I managed to write the wrong game name AGAIN! I have actually finished the Outer Worlds

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho I was about to say "Yeah, I'd heard similar about The Outer Worlds and its ending!" before I realised you'd written a different name and stopped myself.

But yeah, I'd heard similar about The Outer Worlds and its ending!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KratosMD

@Thrillho Haha, I see then! Well now that I think about it, you did write to Octane in the Recommendations thread saying that you'd "heard" it was good, so I should've figured you didn't mean this game lol.

Just finished Call of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox 360. This was my first modern CoD game (I've only played the first CoD besides this) and I have to say, the story was bloody amazing. All the missions were bite-sized so it didn't feel like you were stuck doing the same thing in the same place for too long. This also meant that each mission had a different setting and different things to do, such as floating around in outer space while shooting people, or driving a tank in snowy areas, or playing as the "infamous" dog while taking down enemies in rural areas. The structure was something I haven't seen be done in many FPS games. Wolfenstein for example have very long levels with a lot of shooting, but in Ghosts you're doing so many different things all the time. Calling in drones to provide some manual air support, controlling a remote sniper to provide cover while you're pinned down or flying in a helicopter while shooting down other choppers. It's seriously one of the most fun FPS campaigns I've experienced and the story was pretty solid all things considered.

The gunplay felt solid as well, you really feel it when each bullet hits the enemy and the aim is so precise when you e.g. use a weapon with a red-dot scope.

All in all, I'm very surprised that not many people mention how good the campaigns are in CoD games, because I'd imagine that this isn't the only game with a good story mode. Obviously the most well-known ones are Modern Warfare and Black Ops, which I'm very much looking forward to playing after seeing how good this game was. Then there are the futuristic ones such as Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare with exosuits and such, which sounds awesome. Can't wait to play them as well!

KratosMD

Thrillho

I almost feel obliged to buy the Outer Wilds now.

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy never did finish Revelations 2. I did enjoy it though. My girlfriend played co-op with me but it was a bit of a drag for her not being able to attack.

Raid mode is fun too but the balancing is all over the shop so gets way to easy, especially when you’re playing co-op.

Fun though!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I've had that on my PS4 for years now. I assume Revelations 2 is fine in SP, right?

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Better than dumb ally AI, imo. It's the reason I refuse to touch RE5. The AI for partner characters is apparently really bad in that game.

With that said, if the game is built with multiplayer as the default play mode, it can be kind of boring in single-player mode. Some games really just need two or more people playing at the same time to shine.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic