Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 5,530

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I was going to try beating every Tekken’s Arcade Mode at least once but I want to cry and my fingers have blisters. Those cutscenes are pretty cool though, I had a look on YouTube.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

HallowMoonshadow

Tekken 5 and the final fight against Jinpachi in it's arcade mode was an absolute nightmare for me so I feel your pain @nessisonett!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett I hope that is not so you can make sense of the story, Tekken is notorious for not making any sense whatsoever.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Nah, I know from experience that fighting games rarely have plots that make sense! I like to experience the evolution of series so that I can appreciate changes that are made and I’d already dug out my PS2 so thought I’d attempt them again. I strangely kept buying them growing up despite being crap at the series. By all accounts though, Tekken 3 has aged really well and 2 is just a wee bit dated at least compared to 1.

nessisonett

I managed to beat Arcade Mode with every starting character, one clone fighter and finally Kazuya in Tekken 2. I call this Kangaroo% since you have to fight Roger, a boxing kangaroo as Kazuya’s rival fight. I have to say, it’s a lot easier than Tekken 1 and it’s also aged really well. Onto Tekken 3!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Well done! Will you be playing Tekken Tag Tournament as well? I only ask as I think that has bowling which is great fun to play.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, Tag Tournament looks like good fun, if completely silly. We need more mini games in titles these days!

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett A good drinking game that! I think it is on Tekken 7, but as paid DLC. May get if I'm feeling particularly flush, but doubt it!

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula I've yet to finish it, I think I'm late in the game but every time I fire it up I just get destroyed. Will probably just leave it and play the PS5 game when it comes out. Glad you enjoyed it overall. Will you be starting TLOU2 now?

nessisonett

@Arugula Yeah Ratchet and Clank is pretty good but I do agree about that boss fight. I actually immediately replayed the game on NG+ to push for the platinum but somehow missed the trophy where you had to make every single enemy in the game dance. I’m not playing it a third time.

Nei

I just beat Persona 5 Royal! It’s good, I really liked all the new content but it took so long to beat and left me with the feeling I could have played two or three other games instead...I would totally recommend it to players who have not played the original but if you have, maybe there are other games to play out there: this is very good but it is still P5 in the end, you already had this experience.

Never belligerent but always uncompromising.

crimsontadpoles

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, specifically the Blood and Wine expansion. It was a nice change of pace from the rest of the game, as it revolves around the duchy of Toussaint. This sunny area is more peaceful than the rest of the game, and it seems to have less monster problems. Of course, not everything is calm, as something sinister is slowly unfolding.

Overall it's an excellent expansion. There's a new area, new people to meet, and it's got an interesting story.

And with that, I've had my fill with Witcher 3. The end of the expansion seems like the perfect place for me to quit the game, as I'll get burnt out on it if I try to do the remaining side-quests. It's been a great adventure.

Edited on by crimsontadpoles

Thrillho

@crimsontadpoles Yeah, it’s a perfect point to sign off the game.

I loved the fairytale world the most though and that part was pretty funny too.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@crimsontadpoles
It's a great expansion isn't it? I not sure which expansion I like more for Witcher 3 but it's fair to say I think they're both fantastic.
I hope Cyberpunk 2077 is as fun to play, that bar is really high now.

LieutenantFatman

ApostateMage

I loved the whole wedding part with Geralt, Shani and Vlodimir in Hearts Of Stone. Absolutely brilliant.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula You finished that quick!

jdv95

@Arugula that explains a lot. altough this game should not be rushed,exploring offers so much more than just suplies and collectibles. especially downtown seattle. but hey to each their own

i'm 15 hours in and i am at the very start of seattle day 3

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

jdv95

@Arugula i did not mean to say you played it wrong (each player's own playing style can not be seen as wrong to others imo),just that it's a bit of a shame to rush it

anyway glad you enjoyed it!

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

nessisonett

@Arugula Lmao, after my own heart. Credits roll, deleted from hard drive, onto the next game 😂😂

MS7000

I have now 100% completed MediEvil on PS4 bar two trophies (one for money, and one for seven unique deaths). In terms of quick thoughts, I have never played the original, but the game itself was fun to play, levels whilst short, were interesting. Collectables were fun to find. General presentation was great. But definitely a PS1 game in terms of design, and on a technical level, the framerate could be awful at times(pumpkin fields springs to mind, although there were other places too).

I would be interested in them remaking/remastering the sequel.

Signature, huh? Where do I sign?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic