Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 5,530

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON I know you've yet to play The Lost Legacy, but where'd you think you'd rank A Thief's End in the franchise? Above the PS3-era entries, or in amongst them?

@KratosMD I keep meaning to start its campaign. Good to hear such a positive, current take on it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger if I were to rank them as of now? 🤔
Among Thieves
A Thief's End
Drake's Fortune
Drake's Deception
Golden Abyss

There really isn't that much in it though. I've enjoyed them all to varying degrees and they all come complete with almost identical frustrations too.

I'd say 2 and 4 are on par though. That epilogue for ATE was lovely bit of icing on the cake of a wonderfully constructed game.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

RogerRoger

@KALofKRYPTON Cool beans. I think that's pretty much the general consensus ranking anyway, although it'll be interesting to see where you place The Lost Legacy (as my own personal ranking is almost the exact inverse of yours, so I'm curious if it can get any spookier). You're right, though, none of the games are perfect but, for all their various faults, every single one has a stand-out moment, and I join you in praising that masterful epilogue from A Thief's End. I'd be more than happy never seeing a member of the Drake family ever again; I think anything further would spoil it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@KratosMD Watch the Chernobyl miniseries if you’re interested! Easily one of the best miniseries in recent years, with a brilliant soundtrack too.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger If they really wanted to push something else out - I wouldn't mind playing an older Cassie with Nathan and Elena taking up the Sully role.

I'm looking forward to Lost Legacy, especially since it's pretty short. It'll give me time to have a casual poke at Doom (2016) and flex the fps muscles prior to next Friday

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@LN78 I'm guessing that will end up being where I put it too. After doing the series run, I the brevity is going to be welcome!

HallowMoonshadow

T7Hokage017 wrote:

I'm curious as to why you didn't like NieR : Automata.
It seems like a great game to me. I really enjoyed the game play and story.
(I'm also still hoping for an eventual Switch release. I'd love to play the game on the go.)

Well first of all welcome to the PushSquare forums @T7Hokage017 haven't seen you before

I moved the conversation here just so we didn't clog up the screenshot thread.

But basically to make a long story short I didn't care for the narrative and it's psuedo-philosophical slant myself sadly.

Which is a shame as the gameplay was solid and the soundtrack was phenomenal but I thought the writing wasn't very good and the "emotional" moments felt kinda forced/predictable.

There were a bunch of other little problems I had with it too that bugged me.

I don't think it helped playing it directly after Divinity Original Sin II either (which became one of the best games I've ever played).

I don't think it was bad but I thought it could've been much better.

Hope that sates your curiosity enough!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

HallowMoonshadow

Well we're all pretty friendly here in the forums @T7Hokage017 that's for sure! 👍

NieR Automata could quite possibly could make it Switch. It's not the most graphically intensive game and larger games have been done. Just a case of whether Square Enix can be bothered to do so.

Well we have a recommendation thread (And a switch/Nintendo thread)... No idea what you like/know you very well so I can't recommend anything to you in good faith yet 😂

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@T7Hokage017 Just hit us up in the recommendations thread or on the Switch one and let us know what sorta thing you’re looking for!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

Finally beat The Frozen Wilds DLC for HZD, gaining all trophies associated with the DLC in the process.

Now all I need for full trophy completion is to do a New Game + run on Ultra-Hard!

Oh, and I partially take back what I said about the TFW robots not feeling more difficult than what was available in the base game, because the Fireclaws are ridiculously challenging until you learn how to quickly dispose of them. I felt like I was fighting bosses in a Souls game or something.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Congratulations! Will you attempt that New Game Plus / Ultra Hard run someday?

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Honestly, I'm tempted to start a playthrough soon, partially out of curiosity just so that I can see how hard it is, considering the game can be a bit challenging on Normal difficulty. I should probably get around to God of War at some point, though, and I have a bunch of games I'm smack in the middle of (like The Witcher 3, which I've been neglecting for months).

My problem is that once I start playing this, I do so obsessively and neglect other games in the process.

RogerRoger

@Ralizah That's the balancing act, isn't it? Do you attempt it now, when your skills are honed and you'll be able to remember key paths to victory in tough moments, and sacrifice your other games? Or do you leave it for a while, come back later and risk hating it because Ultra Hard really does what it says on the tin?

I never know what to do in those situations, and almost always get it wrong. All I know is that, if it's any consolation, I've heard everybody takes a break from The Witcher III at some point.

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

Well done on getting through the Frozen Wilds and in turn completing your playthrough for Horizon @Ralizah!

Always a good sign you wanna replay a game after completing it (I probably would've for Divinity Original Sin II if it wasn't for the fact it was 120+ hours long 😅)

Good luck on re-playing Horizon on Ultra Hard if you do.

-Looks to Dark Souls II, Witcher III, Bloodstained, Soul Calibur VI that I'm partway through-

I uhh... Also know that feeling far too well as of late 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I won't list all the games I've not finished and intend to go back to, but the number is most likely in the dozens!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

HallowMoonshadow

I only have a few games that I've left by the wayside and haven't already played through the once over the years @JohnnyShoulder. So not replaying the Witcher III for the second time or dark souls II for the third doesn't bother me too much (Though I'll get back to them and finish them off at some point) .

I'll probably restart Bloodstained though once I get back to it since it's not that long and shouldn't take me that long either to get back where I was

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

JohnnyShoulder

Bloodstained is one of them for me also @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy! Think I just got past the twin headed Dragon thingy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

Just finished Metro Exodus, a great game with some enjoyable story telling, really glad I gave it a go. Not something I would have bothered playing had my friend not been so keen that I borrowed it.
First time I've played a game in this series.

LieutenantFatman

Gremio108

@Ralizah Well done on getting through the Frozen Wilds. If I'm being honest I feel like this DLC is dragging a bit. Still fun though. It just seems to be taking me forever

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I actually did start replaying on Ultra-hard since that post. Got at far as Meridian for the day before stopping. I'm using my load-out from TFW in NG+ mode, and it's not too bad, honestly. Mainly just the damage being scaled up to the point where even Watchers are a threat, but if you really learn the robots in HZD, you shouldn't be getting hit too often anyway.

It feels like a speedrun insofar as I'm completely ignoring side-content, skipping cinematics, and have just been barreling toward main story objectives.

@Gremio108 Funny. If anything, I felt like it wasn't nearly long enough. It gears up and then just sort of... ends. There's a decent amount of side content, but I would have liked more substantive main story quests.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic