Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,921 to 1,940 of 5,490

Thrillho

I almost feel obliged to buy the Outer Wilds now.

Thrillho

kyleforrester87

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy never did finish Revelations 2. I did enjoy it though. My girlfriend played co-op with me but it was a bit of a drag for her not being able to attack.

Raid mode is fun too but the balancing is all over the shop so gets way to easy, especially when you’re playing co-op.

Fun though!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I've had that on my PS4 for years now. I assume Revelations 2 is fine in SP, right?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Better than dumb ally AI, imo. It's the reason I refuse to touch RE5. The AI for partner characters is apparently really bad in that game.

With that said, if the game is built with multiplayer as the default play mode, it can be kind of boring in single-player mode. Some games really just need two or more people playing at the same time to shine.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

PSN: Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah eurghh I dunno, I can’t handle it in Resi 0. But yes you’re right, Resi 5 is unplayable for me solo.

Basically, I wouldn’t recommend either of those games single player but you’re probably right, character swapping is the better option.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

HallowMoonshadow

Natalia is a bit boring to play as seeing as she can only use a brick once or twice @kyleforrester87 but I actually had a lot of fun playing as Moira, running into enemies headfirst when I realised she's pretty much invincible... took a few scares out of it actually 😂

And yeah I can see myself playing a stage or three of raid mode on a daily basis. It's pretty good arcadey fun even though I've only done the first ten or so on normal. Definitely fun though

The game is made with the co-op in mind as you've already gathered @Ralizah but it's more of a supportive role as Moira (For story reasons) will only use a crowbar and has a torch whilst Natalia can only use a brick that'll crumble after a few uses (She can do something else... but that's for you to find out)

There's a few puzzles that require switching characters but it's nothing too intensive and usually in a safe spot.

You'll have to switch characters to scrounge for secret caches of bullets, herbs, items or the hidden collectables as the AI won't automatically do that

But otherwise the supportive character is pretty much invunerable, follows you closely (and pretty well) and never needs healing... only using supplies (from their inventory) to heal you and your status' so I never had a problem with them to be honest.

You do have to buy a skill (yeah there's a skill tree) to make the AI shoot if you're playing as the partner/supportive character and the computer is in control of Barry or Claire (and they're a bit slow about it) but otherwise they're pretty competent and it's perfectly playable in single player.

The main campaign is pretty decent... The finale in particular was a highlight after what I thought was a bit of a shaky start for the fourth and final chapter and the third had a bit of a lull.

Funny how you mention Resident Evil 5 too Ralizah as it's got a few references in it to that entry in particular but you'll still be able to enjoy it without any knowledge as it's otherwise a standalone title.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD I was thinking that I don't remember that part in The Outer Worlds!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tjuz

@Thrillho Definitely had a similar experience with The Outer Worlds. Loved it for most of the game, but then the endgame suddenly had this oddly fast pace to it with an ending that came what felt like far too soon. I was fine with the ending itself however, and happy with the specific slides I got! Still super enjoyable and I'll be returning for the DLC no doubt.

Tjuz

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho I reloaded a previous save to see one of the other endings. There is good scope to replay too as there are certain missions locked behind some decisions you make.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

mookysam

Finished The Outer Worlds on Monday and have to agree re: the abrupt ending. It really felt like the game wasn't ready to end. The story was only just heating up and as a result it made it all feel a little shallow. The sudden appearance of villainess Sophia Akande seemed a bit strange, as for many players they might not have any dealings with her before the end. Anyhoo, in all the game is very enjoyable and the "Fallout in space" description is most apt. I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, so I enjoyed this too. Despite the abrupt ending I particularly enjoyed the central theme of the game and its critique of unrestrained capitalism. Moral choices and dialogue checks were perhaps at times a little shallow, particularly when conversing with very easily persuaded foes.

Hot on the heels of Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD completions I finished The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. I shall work on reviews of all three.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Thrillho

@Tjuz @JohnnyShoulder @mookysam The ending really did come from nowhere and having gone for most of the “good” outcomes, I had so many people supporting me at the end that I didn’t have to kill a single person so just waltzed through the final level.

I agree that the character Mooky mentions comes from nowhere and it would seem a bit too much of a juxtaposition to suddenly back them after all the good work I’d done.

Having read alternate endings, I’m a big fan of the idiot ending of accidentally jump skipping the Hope into the sun

I also enjoyed the game overall but agree with other people on here who say it is a solid 7.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@mookysam @Thrillho You can be on the same side as Sophia and you get some extra missions. Also you can choose to dob in Welles when you are on the Groundbreaker and again you get some extra missions which you will not see unless you go down that path. I never fully trusted Welles and The Board are mentioned all the way through the game as manipulating things, so it didn't come as a surprise when she was introduced and there was also the Minister of the Earth, and I kinda knew there was someone else pulling the strings.

But I agree the last prison level did seem a bit rushed. Personally it took me ages as I was trying to fight my way through and was getting destroyed. It wasn't until I respecced that I was able to gas everyone and waltz through.

mookysam

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I did the corrupted signal on Welles' computer. What made me laugh is that when she was confronted at the end of the game she said something like "you were the finest agent I ever had". The bar must've been low. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Thrillho

@JohnnyShoulder @mookysam How do you mean "the Minister of Earth?"

I went back to a late save and robbed Welles in and did Sophia's mission (I did like the "Ludwig was right" trophy from that line) but otherwise the overall ending was similar.

I did also fart apart to get extra trophies for the kills with the toss ball bat, 300 inhaler uses (annoying), and 75% negative faction standing. The latter is quite easy when you can one-shot kill civilians.

Thrillho

FullbringIchigo

Recently beat Sherlock Holmes and the Devil's Daughter and it was fun, it had a few annoying segments but otherwise a pretty decent detective game

i got the Platinum too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

While technically not me finishing a game recently, my mum finished RDR2’s epilogue today. It’s been a fun 4 or 5 months watching her get to grips with the systems, and PS4 in general. She’s gutted by the ending but the epilogue totally made up for it and there were maybe a few tears shed. It’s really a testament to Rockstar that they could make a game that plenty of all you who play games daily can find overwhelming but my mum managed to get right into it after a rocky first few hours. I can see it in a totally different light now, having mostly observed, with occasional interventions when her horse got stuck under a bridge or such. She’s going to play that Poirot game on Now cause she’s a huge fan and then it’s onto Witcher 3!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Tjuz

@nessisonett Awesome to hear your mum had a great experience with RDR2. I'm glad Rockstar managed to make the game so accessible to someone who isn't usually into gaming. I think the map slowly revealing itself instead of being an info dump is a huge pro for that game to make it seem less intimidating than it probably is. I wish most games would do their maps like that. It's an incredible game that deserves to be experienced by as many people as possible. Maybe your mum will be able to convince some of her non-gamer friends and pay it forward, haha!

Edited on by Tjuz

Tjuz

KALofKRYPTON

Finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End last night.
All in all, a brilliant undertaking, and worthy entry in the franchise. The story, and indeed - the adventure underpinning it - are top-notch.
Wonderful ending that I wasn't expecting.

On to Lost Legacy!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic