Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 5,530

nessisonett

I finally beat Castlevania Circle of the Moon today. That is legitimately one of the hardest games I’ve ever played, it makes Dark Souls and the like seem a trifle. The final boss was utterly brutal, with an attack that could finish me off in one hit but I prevailed! Onto Harmony of Dissonance now, which doesn’t actually feel as tight gameplay wise despite being the newer game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Octane

< I have Beaten/Finished Control >

Octane

RR529

Since my last post I've completed:

• the Last Guardian (PS4)
  • LEGO Jurassic World (PS4)
  • New Super Lucky's Tale (Switch)
  • Tetris Effect (PSVR)

I've posted full thoughts on three of them in the Impressions thread, while I'm still mulling over my feelings on The Last Guardian since I just finished it this morning.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@Arugula I'm glad someone did lol.

@RR529 TLG is still one of my favourite games on the system. I cannot wait for Ueda's next game. I hope it's coming soon-ish.

Octane

RR529

@Kidfried, @Octane, there's a lot it does right (hauntingly beautiful world, engaging puzzle platforming gameplay that constantly adds new elements as it goes along, and is simply engrossing in a way that the hours can fly by without you noticing), however in my experience the performance is very rough on base PS4, with the framerate absolutely tanking in certain spots, which mars an otherwise great & unique game.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

@RR529 Yeah, the controls are wonky, but that's to expect from Ueda

The frame rates definitely dipped a lot, but ultimately, I felt that the positives outweighed the negatives. Apparently the AI and physics were so complicated that it wouldn't even be playable on PS3. So maybe they've waited for PS5, ideally. I don't know. I'm glad I played it though.

Octane

Thrillho

I finished off Kentucky Route Zero earlier today and what a tremendous experience that game was. It'll take me a little time to put something more together to say about it in the other thread but it's fair to say that there is no other game like it.

Thrillho

avividan

Just finished Resi 1 HD REmake. It was nice but painfully slow. Now playing resi zero, let's see if it is more fast paced.

avividan

BearsEatBeets

So after a little over 200 hours of playing I've finally finished AC Odyssey and all it's DLC. That is to say I've done everything to get the Platinum and have the trophy count at 100% for the lot. However there are still quite a few missions still in my quest-log and question marks still dotted around. But unusually for me I'm going to leave it like that and move on to something else.

I very much enjoyed the game but certainly feel it could be much better. It's great if people truly love the game and want to endlessly keep going around and doing every last thing on the map but for me I've had my fill of bandit camps and forts after the first 20/30 odd. I don't need another 100 or so just in order to push my level up.

While I have enjoyed this and Origins I feel that the actual idea of being an historical assassin has been replaced with a warrior with magical weapons. I think it might have been preferable to have these 2 games as a different franchise altogether and have rested the AC line for a few years instead. Ubisoft basically just wanted the brand recognition and put in just enough elements (animus/Isu) to make it related.

I might add more of my thoughts another time but I've realised I've been up for 24 hours now and struggling to keep my thoughts cohesive.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I felt the same way over Orgins and I just suddenly hit the wall after one too many camps. Think is was on the 88% mark for the trophies in the base game, which is 7 trophies from getting all of em. Brilliant game which I really enjoyed, I just had to stop playing otherwise I probably would have ended up hating the game.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@KratosMD I don't think you could say the franchise has always had magical weapons just because of the apple of eden. Until Origins all the weapons that you used in minute to minute gameplay were historically accurate to the period or things that could have practically existed with some clever invention (hidden blade/wrist gun). It all probably ties into the fact that the overarching story involving the first civilisation and playing as ancestors in the animus are probably my least favourite parts of the franchise.

I'm of the opposite view with the historical settings. During the original 'Desmond' games I didn't mind the future bits but I always preferred when the game just got back to the past. With the following games after I was pleased that they scaled back the animus/abstergo parts. For me I would have liked for them to drop these parts of the game altogether and change the formula a different way.

AC could be a game purely played as a character in an historical setting with a more personal story and more fitting gameplay for an 'assassin'. I miss the actual art of discovering a target and trying to get to them and escape without being caught. Not having a five minute battle with someone you have stabbed through the neck because they are 'high-level' and can't be killed that way.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed fighting the Egyptian gods in Origins and Cyclops in Odyssey, they are fun games but they not really assassins. I'm up for more games like this but think they could have dropped the AC part and just go all in on the fantasy rpg. Again I think that would give them more freedom with the story telling which is one of the weakest parts of most Ubisoft games. I've played all the main AC games except Rogue and they were all good games but never truly great. They're fun while you are playing them but mostly forgettable and rarely do I feel the desire to replay them.

It will be interesting where they go with the next AC game. I'm excited for it either way and bound to get it. It could potentially be my first next gen game much like Black Flag was for my PS4. I just hope I don't have to kill 100 goats and pick up 100 rocks every time I level up if I want to keep using my current gear.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah sometimes less is more. If you want the Plat you're going to have to 'complete' every question mark on the map so pace yourself. It was the last thing I did.

BearsEatBeets

ZeroOverOne

@KratosMD Cant wait for it to drop on Ps4!
Looks just like my type of game. Would u give any suggestions before I play it?

ZeroOverOne

HallowMoonshadow

The name of that game somewhat rings a bell @nessisonett but I don't think I realised 428: Shibuya Scramble was a visual novel... I could do with playing one of those and it sounds pretty interesting from your thoughts with it

I know it was 2 weeks ago but I only just saw your post on finishing Bravely Default @kyleforrester87

... You have to play through the game's first half (albeit abbreviated) in the second part of it 5 times?!

I hope the true ending, super secret boss or whatever it was that was tied into doing that (Surely the game doesn't make you play through it five times for no reason) was worth it!

Nice to hear you enjoyed it though and finally finished it six years and 1 day to the date... Fifteen days ago

Good luck on the second Bravely Default!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy @kyleforrester87 Ah yes, the notorious second half of Bravely Default. Almost made me give up the game.

I think it was worth sticking around for the extremely cool final boss fight, but I do hope the developer never does something like that again. Also, the sequel needs better difficulty balancing and dungeon design.

Maybe in Bravely Default 2!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Didn't realise there's a sequel @Ralizah called Bravely Second but there's also an upcoming sequel called Bravely Default II... What a silly naming convention... had me a little confused there

As for me

I beat NieR: Automata last night.

"Endings" A, B, C, D among like four or five joke ones

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy It makes more sense if you think of it in a Final Fantasy context. The core games are always numbered sequels, whereas the sequels to specific games get weird names.

You did Ending E as well, right? The true ending? No playthrough is complete without Ending E.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy So you weren’t blown away, I take it 😅
What about ending E? You haven’t done that?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

No I haven't done that @Ralizah @Th3solution.

It was past midnight and I really needed to sleep so I just Quickly got ending D to compliment ending C and backed out of every other choice it gave at that point.

I'll do it at some point. Possibly. I don't feel like it'll make my opinion of it any better. In fact I'll probably end up not liking it even more. Especially for the time being.

Moment to moment I liked NieR: Automata ... But taking a step back to view it as a whole my opinion has had very wild peaks and troughs regarding this with it's storytelling & themes.

Not in a good way either.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic