Forums

Topic: Games you've recently beat

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 5,525

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett yeah agree that ending was pretty awful. The DLC is a decent overall package. The one where you control Chris was probs my fave.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I beat Dreamworld Dig 2 last night!

Uhm, it was a nice game. It's a game that does everything right: great art, gameplay loop, music, discovery and secrets. And so on.

Pretty much everything a good game does.

There's a catch. It's pretty much a perfected version SteamWorld Dig 1. Which sounds like a plus, only it felt a little too similar to that game. Heck, I am probably unable to tell you any differences at all.

Instant recommendation to anyone who was not played the first game yet.

And I can recommend it to people who'd like to replay the first game.

I'll probably play it for an hour or two more to find the remaining secrets (it's a testament to the game's greatness that I'm confident I don't need a guide to succeed!), and then I'm off to the next one.

Hyper Light Drifter of Dishonored 2, probably. We'll see!

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Kidfried

@KratosMD That's cool to hear you enjoyed it. I guess it kind of depends whatever you want to get out of a sequel like this. After all the positive reception, I was just expecting it to be more than what it was, though I truly enjoyed my time.

@Rudy_Manchego Probably!

Kidfried

nessisonett

I fired up The Oregon Trail on DOS and somehow made it to Oregon on my first try. I was fairly good at the hunting so muddled through with enough food. Only one of my unlucky lot got typhoid but we all survived with poor health so I landed middle of the leaderboard. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be and actually captured just how godawful conditions were. For its time, it's massively impressive.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BranJ0

I just finished The Messenger, which was a great indie title that completely blew me away. The game is just so incredibly confident in its vision, and it's no small vision at that. The gameplay is incredibly tight, the bosses are varied and exciting, the music is brilliant, and it has a really witty script that made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. For those not in the know, it's a 2D game that's heavily inspired by Ninja Gaiden, but halfway through has a huge twist that changes the entire way you play the game. Lots of reviews have spoiled this twist but I think it's better to experience it completely blind so I'm not going to say anything about it (although I might try and write a review in the user impressions tread - I'll see). Just if you're in the mood for a relatively difficult platformer with a ton of charm and some great level design, get this game asap, you won't regret it!

BranJ0

Thrillho

@BranJ0 It’s one of those games that has been on my wish list for a while but something else always trumps it when I buy/start something new. I’ve only heard good things from people who have played it though.

Thrillho

BranJ0

@Thrillho I'd strongly recommend you take the plunge and go for it - you won't regret it! I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it!

BranJ0

JohnnyShoulder

@BranJ0 I've got it and played a couple of hours, but did not continue for some reason. Liked what I did play though and is on my ever growing list of games to get back to.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

themcnoisy

Batman: the enemy within.

Absolutely brilliant game. Possibly my favourite telltale game now, even better than the walking dead season 1.

John Doe is such a great character, his evolution is so well paced. Friends for ever, pinky promise.

I've gone off superhero stuff over the last ten years, the stories are always wild but they have lost the realism, I get distracted as I don't believe it's happening.

That's changed with The enemy within, its grounded with the story focusing on the pact between John Doe, Harley Quinn, Freeze, Bane, Catwoman and Bruce Wayne. I felt like one of the crew which is more Bugsy malone than Godfather.

If you are a fan of great story telling you have to give it a go.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Tjuz

@themcnoisy I would have to agree! Batman: The Enemy Within and The Walking Dead: The Final Season is some of Telltale's very best work, and it's a shame that they had to close right as they were getting in the hang of things again. I really would've loved to see what the studio kept producing after the successes of those, but hopefully the new, revived Telltale can carry their torch a bit. We'll see if The Wolf Among Us 2 is as good as those, or even just matches the original.

Tjuz

themcnoisy

@Arugula @Tjuz you both have great taste!

I especially liked when Batman hooked up with Joker to take on Bane. It was a fantastic scene.

It was the first telltale game were a clear choice didn't lead anywhere. I put the antiserum / antisteroids in Banes belt and can't recall a scene which it had any effect.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Areus

Finally got around to platinuming Arc the lad twilight of sprits and had fun doing it I wish Sony Would revive this Series'

Areus

Thrillho

@themcnoisy Interesting. I posted my thoughts on the first Batman Telltale game and was pretty disappointed with it but other people said the second one was better.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy You might wanna put spoiler tags on some if that, I've still yet to play it and some of that I did not know.

FullbringIchigo

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot, got the Platinum last night

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo Congrats, it didn’t come out that long ago so either you’re hella dedicated or it wasn’t too hard a platinum.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic