Forums

Topic: E3 2018

Posts 141 to 160 of 375

themcnoisy

I really hope we get a bunch of single player games at E3 this year.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

The flavour of this years will be Battle Royal. With cheese.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Rudy_Manchego

Not sure if I can be bothered to wake myself up this year to watch Live. I tend to enjoy the Pushsquare comments more than the actual show.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego Ubisoft is at 11 for me, I'm just gonna pull an all-nighter I think. Maybe catch some sleep beforehand, or after. The alarm's going at 8 though...

Octane

Kidfried

Unfortunately I'll have to skip the press conferences for EA, Bethesda and Microsoft, because I'm out of town. But I'll be sure to tune in on Monday and stay up all night. Hope to see all of you then.

Pity I have to miss out on the other ones!

Kidfried

Octane

@Rudy_Manchego I think I'm going to fake a doctor's appointment for the morning and sleep till 10

Octane

Rudy_Manchego

@Octane Or actually go to the Doctors and get a diagnosis of narcolepsy so you can justify falling asleep. Not that I would do that of course.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Haruki_NLI

@NecuVise There will be VoDs. In fact thats all Nintendo's is. Everyone else will upload afterwards.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NecuVise

@Knuckles-Fajita Where can I find these VODs, or at least when can we expect them? I'm specifically asking for Microsoft's.

NecuVise

Haruki_NLI

@NecuVise Their YouTube channels. Since they are live streams they will be available immediately after.

JohnnyShoulder

Got time off work next week, but shall not watch the full conferences as I find them such a bore. Plus the crowd wooping does my f'in head in. Shall watch some of the highlights and reaction vids on you tube.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Haruki_NLI

@JohnnyShoulder Good news. Nintendo wont have crowd whooping as there is no crowd (And itll also be the shortest by a mile!)

Bethesda will also be pretty short it seems.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder I love crowd Whooping.

Hey guys here it is.....

The next destiny expansion

Crowd goes crazy.

Now its time for.....

The new Cod.

Crowds goes crazy but less so.

Now here we have....

Assasins Creed.

Theres a few whoops here and there.

A few fights have broken out around the seating area. Unsure whats going on....

"Now we have all the clowns in this Audience after weeding out the muppets with those crap announcements its time for the real show!"

Introducing....

The new Battlefield!

Silence.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy I think Battlefield gets quite a good reaction actually...

If the crowd goes mild for any game it will be for PES 19 when they announce the rights for the Evo-Stik Nothern League.

Rudy_Manchego

@JohnnyShoulder I don't get the crowd whooping either. I don't think I've ever whooped in my life, and if I did it wouldn't be for a COD game.

It's like the overuse of the word passionate. No one is passionate about everything, Grrrr

Th3solution

I don’t think we’ll get release dates of the big 4, but if we do then here’s my last minute predictions (just for fun) —

1. Spiderman - September 28, 2018 (that one’s easy )
2. Ghost of Tsushima - March 2019
3. Death Stranding - May 2019
4. The Last of Us Part 2 - September 2019

Bonus sure-to-be-wrong prediction:
Dreams - December 2018
Days Gone - February 2019

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

get2sammyb

The crowd whooping is a weird one because it's meant to be press in the audience, but I know they invite a lot of fans now. The thing is, if you've ever watched a conference without any reactions, it really sucks. The room's just dead, and it does suck a lot of hype out — even if the games are really good.

Weird one.

Edited on by get2sammyb

Rudy_Manchego

@get2sammyb Agreed silence is a death knell but I would have thought solid applause is enough unless something truly amazing and unexpected happens. Whoops when someone says 'boots on the ground' is just insane. Though I guess the hosts spend a lot on warming up the audience and getting them frenzied beforehand. I know that happens to a lot of TV audiences.

Also I'm British and any displays of emotion other than polite refrain makes me uncomfortable.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.