Forums

Topic: E3 2018

Posts 121 to 140 of 375

NecuVise

Well August has divinity original sin 2 and I need nothing else for a month when that game launches

But summer is very tricky as people go on vocation, like to spend time outside etc.

NecuVise

Haruki_NLI

@Th3solution Yeah Switch from now onwards insane. Donkey Kong, Hyrule Warriors, Mega Man, Runner 3, Little Nightmares, Ikaruga, Street Fighter, loads of indies in May.

June leads with Sushi Striker on the 8th, BlazBlue and Mario Tennis on the 22nd, Wolfenstein, Ys VIII and Crash Bandicoot at the end of the month (On the same day in Europe!) plus the return of the NES Classic

Then July is even MORE packed with Shining Resonance on the 10th, Captain Toad and Octopath Traveler both on the 13th, then end the month with Banner Saga 3, Mega Man X and some smaller games, not including any surprises at E3.

August currently is looking quieter but its got Okami at the start and Monster Hunter at the end, who knows what can fit in the middle.

Be thankful for the quieter months because if Nintendo has a fall season like last year I'll be poor.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Kidfried

@Th3solution From Playstation's perspective (or Microsoft) the Nintendo line up is hardly considered competition. A lot of ports and niche titles.

Surely that shouldn't stop anyone from releasing their game.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@adf86 Liked your list! I expected some more 3rd party stuff I must say.

Some of these maybe : From Soft, Rocksteady, Rockstar perhaps, Epic's Fortnite could be there, Fallout VR?

@YummyHappyPills I agree on expecting a fairly safe E3. It feels like Sony as well as Nintendo have been quite clearly managing everyone's expectations this year through communicating in a more clear way.

I think the other companies could have some big surprises though. Ubisoft, Bethesda I have higher hopes for.

Kidfried

AdamNovice

@Kidfried Thanks mate, I've added Square Enix stuff now since I forgot about them plus I've added Rocksteady's new game to the Sony lineup since that's a good shout.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried wrote:

@JohnnyShoulder Maybe I misread your comment, but wasn't Rage 2 confirmed for 2019?

You are probably right, I've not seen the release date as not really paid much attention to it.

@Th3solution You are talking like publishers use common sense when it comes to release dates! I'm not sure how closely they look at other platforms as you only have to look when Mario, Wolfenstein 2 and Assassin's Creed Origins all released on the same day last year. And then before that Zelda and HZD were released very close to each other.

If the game is good most of the time it will sell well, it shouldn't matter what time of the year it is released. What is is more important is that the publishers don't send the game out to die like Titanfall 2 and Wolfenstein 2.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Haruki_NLI

@JohnnyShoulder I fear Wolfenstein 2 has been sent out to die again. It would have been probably okay alongside Ys VIII here in the EU (and elsewhere Ys is a few days earlier) but day and date with Crash globally?

Not happening. One of those two games is dying. Same with Captain Toad. Why thats releasing the same day as a major exclusive is beyond me. Poor Shining Resonance will likely suffer on Switch.

And as for PS4 what the hell is September? I love how SquareEnix said that date and those versions were to grow the brand in the West and Sony just said lol, Spiderman at the same time. Spyro not long after and obviously FIFA.

Haruki_NLI

@KratosMD We arent getting 3DS news in the "Presentation" but you can expect it in the 3 days of live coverage that follows.

The main event is strictly Switch and strictly 2018. I know people say it wont be 2018 locked but come on. Everytime they said "Its only covering x and y wont be mentioned" they meant it.

Hence I label their E3 prematurely as Safe but solid. Fire Emblem for the first time since mentioning it exists, show Yoshi for the first time since E3 2017, show Pokemon maybe, some third party things and Smash. Boom.

Solid but nothing new or mindblowing beyond gameplay reveals

KirbyTheVampire

All I want in my life is Animal Crossing, but unfortunately that's probably gonna be revealed in a later Direct as an early 2019 title. There's a chance that it could be a 2018 game though, even if it is slim, so here's hoping.

As for a Sunshine remake/remaster, put it on the Switch please. That would completely make my life, and it'd look great on the Switch.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

Haruki_NLI

If we are talking stuff people want on Virtual Console, I'd like remakes of N64 games and remasters of Gamecube and Wii, because that just feels better than as is releases of that era.

A purely selfish announcement next to the rumoured but likely fake Prime Trilogy HD, is Kirby's Dream Collection HD.

Just so...you know...it can be released in Europe.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried Yeah, unfortunately I do think publishers appear to not consider the other market forces pulling at our wallets for the same dollar. For me, not owning a Switch, the bigger competition for my summer spending is the movies. I’ll drop $40-50 on Solo, Avengers, Jurassic World, Mission Impossible, Ant-Man, etc this summer. That’s money used and accounts for at least one or two games I’ll need to wait to buy. And for every missed sale for a game on Day 1, it runs the risk of losing that $60 to the second hand market later. Therefore it behooves the publisher to try to get as many sales in the games opening month. That’s why I personally believe release dates do make at least somewhat of a difference. If a gamer waits to play say, Dragon Quest IX for 3 or 4 months until there is a lull in new games, then he may opt to buy it used or get it on a sale, which either way the publisher misses out on potential profit vs. if he bought that day 1 at full price.

See... if these publishers would just listen to me then they could make more money and we wouldn’t be having so many studios shutting down! 😂😉
Lol, just kidding of course. I’m pretty sure I have no idea what I’m talking about but it’s fun to think about and discuss.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

NecuVise

I remember how many felt last year on black Friday. Many games were heavily discounted, including for example GT sport at 50% which launched just a few weeks earlier.

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@YummyHappyPills @KratosMD Do you think Super Mario Maker Switch will be announced?

@NecuVise Yeah most games don't hold their value well these days. I will probably pick one up day 1 for Q4 and the rest I'm intrested in i will pick up in the Black Friday or Jan sales.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BAMozzy

The problem with N64 virtual console for the Switch would be the number of games that Nintendo could offer. Obviously Mario, the two Zelda's, Yoshi etc games would be OK but they can't offer Banjo Kazooie for example or Goldeneye,, Perfect Dark as well as numerous other games because of licensing issues. Rare own their IP's so may need a Rare Replay on XB1 to play those games but whether they could offer DK64 or Diddy Kong racing - which are made by Rare but have Nintendo characters in, I don't know. Goldeneye is an issue because of the James Bond license and there were a LOT of third party games - inc many made by now defunct publishers/developers so licensing would be an issue. The Star Wars games for sure would be an issue.

Its possible that some of the games published by Activision, Ubisoft etc could be added - if these publishers agree. Ubisoft do seem to have a relationship with Nintendo and may allow some of their old games to be added. Overall though, Nintendo didn't publish a 'lot' of games for the N64 and a few of those they did, they don't own the IP/License - they published 3 Star Wars games and Goldeneye so those would be an issue. Its perhaps why they haven't really offered a 'lot' from the N64 era in the subsequent years.

Its a similar issue to why the OG Xbox Backwards Compatibility hasn't offered a lot of games and won't be able too because of licensing issues and being able to contact the publisher/developers for permission - assuming they still exist. Licenses, such as music too can be another issue too. You also have the fact that the N64 is even older...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

BAMozzy

@KratosMD It proves my point though about the games list. I wasn't sure about Diddy Kong or DK64 because they were Nintendo IP's although DKR obviously had Rare owned characters too. You won't get Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie though. You won't get games like Star Wars Rogue Squadron either. Nintendo only published around 50-60games (out of nearly 400 if you look at ALL the releases inc Japan rather than just the 240-ish UK releases (or nearly 300 in NA) so they would have to contact all the other publishers/developers etc to ask permission to include their games. As I said though, of those games Nintendo did publish, some they cannot use (without permission) such as Goldeneye, three Star Wars games etc so its not like they have a 'big' collection of games that they could bring. Most have been remade or at least ported to newer devices - as we have seen with SM64, both Zeldas etc. Would you want MK64 when you have MK8 deluxe? Maybe...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Haruki_NLI

I can see Mario Maker happening. Literally the final nail for the Wii U at this point in terms of popular games.

SPGFan34

I'm mostly looking forward to seeing Meredith Molinari and her legs in the annual PlayStation developer interviews...

....and maybe Watch Dogs 3 getting revealed?

Edited on by SPGFan34

https://www.gofundme.com/30-hour-broadcast-for-red-nose-day

NecuVise

Will there be VODs to watch? I mainly need it for Microsoft's conference as I won't be able to watch it live. Or is it possible to open youtube stream and just rewind to the beginning? I only watch Microsoft and Sony conferences so I'd like to avoid spoilers, hence I need VOD link. I hope someone can help

NecuVise

JohnnyShoulder

@NecuVise Yeah you can most likely watch the whole conferences or highlights on Youtube. In the UK and US you can anyway.

On the PS4 there will be a E3 section in the What's New tab.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.