Forums

Topic: what PS Vita Game are you Playing ?

Posts 401 to 420 of 455

KALofKRYPTON

Space Hulk.

Did a play through of Lego Star Wars TFA, which was better than I though it would be.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Fight_Teza_Fight

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory.

It's not as good as the first game, but it's still one of my favorite games on Vita. Approaching 90hours on it, so it has been well worth the purchase.
I platinumed the first game, but I don't think I'll do the same with Hacker's Memory.

If you own a Vita & enjoy Pokemon-esque games than the Digimon Story games are must buys.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

keihtg

Just got Mercenary Kings : Reloaded Edition for Vita! After I installed it, the first level wouldn't load and I'd get kicked back to the main menu over and over. Had to restart the game to fix it. Otherwise, it's a blast!

Anyway, after a week of playing grainy 3D games on the Vita and dealing with fuzzy Remote Play games (namely Mass Effect Andromeda...reading that small text is HARD), it's such a joy to play a clean-looking 2D game that runs buttery smooth.

Any other recommendations for other 2D action-y Vita games? I actually only have Mercenary Kings and Slain at the moment.

Edited on by keihtg

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

Ralizah

@smelly_jr Anything by Vanillaware, really. I'd particularly recommend the lovely (if somewhat repetitive) Odin's Sphere.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

@smelly_jr Agree with Vanillaware recommendation. Dragon’s Quest was a really good time on the Vita for me. Personally I didn’t like Muramasa Rebirth as much, but many people adored that one too. Both are quintessential “2D action-y” games that look beautiful and run well on your Vita.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

keihtg

Thanks for the suggestions! I've only played a tiny TINY bit of Vanillaware's "Dragon's Crown" (since it was a PS+ game) and probably an hour of Muramasa. Both I thought were visually stunning, but kinda clunky to control (to be fair, I was playing Muramasa on the Wii).

Anyway, I've added Odin's Sphere to my PS Store Wishlist, and I might as well download Dragon's Crown while I'm at it.

Make it a great day!

KALofKRYPTON

@smelly_jr Volgar looks good - haven't tried it yet though.

Guacamelee is an absolute gem too.

Velocity 2X is incredible and on-foot sections are a massive part of the game.

Axiom Verge too.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

keihtg

Just figured out how to get my Vita's Remote Play to run better (i.e. mostly taking my OG PS4 offa that measly 2.4 GHz wifi limitation and into a wired connection), so it's a whole new world for me! Coupled with that Japanese accessory that turns L2 and R2 into actual triggers (as well as figuring out how to change L1/R1 with L2/R2 in the PS4's options, and snapping some stick extenders onto the little nubs) and I've FINALLY got the console-in-my-hands experience I've been expecting all this time!

Edited on by keihtg

Make it a great day!

Th3solution

@smelly_jr Pfffssshhh — see... who needs a Switch anyways? Vita + PS4 = true handheld console experience. 😋

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Rudy_Manchego

God of War Collection on Vita - trying to get through them the first two before God of War in April.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

https://jambags.co.uk

Twitter:

KratosMD

@Rudy_Manchego You should definitely play the third game on PS4 as well seeing as how the new game is a sequel to GOW3.

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Fight_Teza_Fight

Secret of Mana Remake. After a rough start I'm really enjoying my time with it. It's a perfect handheld experience & it seems very faithful to the original as I had to use the IGN SNES walkthrough for one of the puzzles .
I'm about 8 hours in and just reclaimed the 3rd Mana seed.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

KratosMD

Currently playing Challenge Mode in Everybody's Golf. Started the first tournament and I did fairly well. Then when I started the second one, I literally got 0 points, lol. Literally every hole was on an angle and it's incredibly hard to figure out how to predict where the ball would go. There's nothing on the screen that says how the ground is angled and you can't even compare how your character is standing in relation to the slope of the ground since she's standing on the slope and the camera then positions itself on a complete horizontal angle!

What am I missing?

Best games as voted by the PushSquare community:
PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Final Fantasy IX, Tomb Raider II

Rudy_Manchego

@KratosMD Yeah - hoping to get through all three. Also got all the PSP games too!

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

Twitter:

keihtg

@Rudy_Manchego I remember just watching 1+2 on YouTube (the "movie" version of the games) before I played 3 and the underrated Ascension. I'm usually one who likes to go back and play ALL of the games leading up to a new release, but then I end up getting burned out by the time the latest game drops so I've tried to stop doing that.

Make it a great day!

Rudy_Manchego

@smelly_jr Yeah I know what you mean but I bought these ages ago and have kept putting them off and off. Hopefully i can get through them pretty quickly and give me some breathing room!

Twitter:

keihtg

PSA : if you're into Remote Play, TitanFall 2 is on sale (again) for $6 and is one of the better games for Remote Play. I'm also mainly saying this because for years I thought it didn't work with Remote Play (thanks to some misleading YouTube videos) when really all you need to do is change the control scheme to have L1/R1 swap with L2/R2 in the options menu. There's always the demo to test it out, too!

Also...I'm about to buy Resident Evil Revelations 2 ($6) for on-the-go scares. Sure, it looks like one of the worst port jobs I've ever seen, but...the Vita isn't exactly brimming with horror-game choices! Persona 4 Golden is also very tempting at $8, but a 100-hour RPG is too tall of an order for me!

Make it a great day!

Ralizah

@smelly_jr Glad you got your remote play working. I tried EVERYTHING and never got it working well. Interesting concept for sure, but too limited to be appealing to me.

Ralizah

PSN: Ralizah

Fight_Teza_Fight

Beat Secret of Mana last night, which I enjoyed for the most part. Just wish the game had given me a heads up about levelling a certain skill (out of 20+) that was crucial to beating the final boss.

So with that beat I’m going back to P4DAN & I think I might just start MGS3 for the first time.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.

Tasuki

@Fight_Teza_Fight Congrats. Yeah I remember not knowing that you could level up that thing at all during the game. I remember getting to the final boss in the SNES version years ago and getting stuck. It took my friend showing me that you could level it up.

It's a shame that we never got an official release of the third game here in the series cause that one fixed alot of the problems that this game had especially being so grind heavy. Of course if you are interested and could read Japanese and have a Switch you can get the Collection. Either that or some searching on the internet I imagine.

Hopefully though with this remake it might convince Square to bring out the third game finally.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic