Forums

Topic: what PS Vita Game are you Playing ?

Posts 381 to 399 of 399

booshy89

@Xaritah Whoever said the Vita had no games is clueless - I play it more than my PS3/4.

Currently plugging away at some Geometry Wars and some LEGO games (I can't resist).

http://psnprofiles.com/booshy_89

PSN: booshy_89 | Twitter:

Xaritah

Yeah i play more in my vita than my ps4, and when i play ps4 i actually play vi remote play from my vita 😂 i absolutely love danganronpa, i actually prefer the first, but i like the second as well ( can't wait for the 3, gonna buy it on the vita 😂) but i never tought i would say this, but i think I'm liking the nonary games more... i dunno the escapes are so awesome, and i think the story makes more sence, but i haven't finished it yet, so i might change my opinion

Xaritah

PSN: Sarasilva7

Th3solution

@Xaritah The Nonary Game story is pretty good. I have Zero Time Dilemma bought and ready to play if I can ever get through some of my backlog. They say it's the weakest of the 3 Nonary games, but I still plan to play it. Did you play / like Ultra Despair Girls? I hear mixed things about that one too.

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

KratosMD

@Th3solution I'm playing through Ultra Despair Girls right now and it's definitely worth playing through if you really like the series. There are a lot of references in the game and since it takes place between the first and the second games, you're going to be discovering a lot of interesting things regarding the events surrounding Hope's Peak Academy. It's also nice to be playing a fun and creative third-person shooter on the Vita and it's fairly lengthy as well.

Also, if you're going to watch Danganronpa 3 (which you absolutely have to if you really want to finish off this story arc and move on to the next one in V3) then you have to play Ultra Despair Girls to understand some of the episodes.

"To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly"
"They fail to live because they are always preparing to live" - Alan Watts
"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Th3solution

@KratosMD So the order should be : Danganronpa, Danganronpa 2, Ultra Despair Girls, then watch Danganronpa 3 anime, then I'm ready for V3?
I better set aside a couple weeks off work next month if I'm likely to accomplish that. 😅

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

KratosMD

@Th3solution That's how I did it, even though it's not really the real chronology but it doesn't matter that much. If you only play Danganronpa 1 and 2 you will miss out on a lot of things as Danganronpa 3 basically covers most of the loose ends and wraps up the story arc nicely. Also, remember that with Danganronpa 3 there are three story arcs (or three different parts of the anime) called Future, Despair and Hope. The best way to watch them is in order of release, so you need to watch the first episode of Future, then the first episode of Despair, then the second episode of Future and so on. There are 12 episodes for the Future arc, 11 episodes for the Despair arc and 1 episode for the Hope arc (which is supposed to be the final episode of the Despair arc and the whole anime series basically). It's complicated but definitely worth watching.

But if you don't have a lot of time then just go for Danganronpa 2. It's the best game in the franchise so at least play that one. You will be absolutely blown away by that ending.

Edited on by KratosMD

"You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Xaritah

@Th3solution no i haven't played ultra despair girls, i have so many games to finish yet, but i got my eyes on that one 😆

Xaritah

PSN: Sarasilva7

KratosMD

Revisiting Gravity Rush now (since I want to finish it before playing the sequel) and I just realised that I experienced it poorly when I played it the second time around during my summer break. Back then I tried to blast through the games in my backlog and it ended up having a negative impact on my affection of this particular game. Now that I'm actually taking my time exploring the world, collecting the purple gems, upgrading Kat, and talking to strangers, the game feels (obviously) a lot more engaging.

Lesson learned, don't rush through games just for the sake of completing them, lol.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

Started playing Ys: Memories of Celceta now and this game is just so wonderful. It instantly reminds me of the Cold Steel games, both in terms of music but also the visuals and because of that, I think I'm going to really love playing it. The gameplay is really simple but fun and I'm glad that it has a decent story with some interesting characters thus far (as one would expect from a game made by Falcom).

I did play the demo of the latest game in the series but I didn't like it so hopefully this game will really pull me into this series.

belmont

I bought a Vita TV ages ago but these days I finally tried it. So it is amazing how good some Vita games look on the big screen. They aren't that much of a pixelated mess like I imagined. The VN games look good. The performance issues in games like Atelier Firis are more noticable. Vita TV has a USB port that you can't download games to for some bizarre reason.

belmont

Th3solution

I’ve been playing Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls and really enjoying it. Actually I think it’s better than I expected and probably under rated. Being a Danganronpa title, you know you’re getting a great story. And the shooting in it is pretty solid for a portable title. After several hours, I took a break from it and started Severed after reading it mentioned in the other recent Vita thread and I actually really like it too. Probably the only mobile phone game I have thought worthy of my time was Fruit Ninja and of course Severed takes its inspiration from that, but is much deeper with its dungeon crawling, puzzles, mild RPG leveling elements, as well as the slashing combat mechanics. The only issue now is that it has gotten quite difficult and some of the battles can be slightly frustrating. Overall, although I haven’t completed either one, these 2 games have been a real blast.

LieutenantFatman

Started playing Undertale after many glowing recommendations from friends. I wasn't entirely convinced but happy to take a risk. Great fun so far despite the graphics, they were right!

Edited on by LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

Splat

36 Fragments of Midnight. A must play for trophy hunters. 11 gold trophies and a Plat!

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

PSN: Splathew

ReanSchwarzer7

@Splat Mecho Wars is even better with 18 gold trophies and a platinum that can be obtained in under an hour. Anyways I'm currently playing Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization and Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth on my PSTV.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Reviews: 593
Features: 209
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

KratosMD

Currently playing Tokyo Xanadu and my first impressions of the game after a couple of hours of play time is that it's literally everything you'd want as a Trails of Cold Steel fan, and more. The combat is more in-depth that I'd expected since you have to take into consideration which characters are strong against which elements, and that affects your stage rank, which also affects one of your personal stats, and that in turn affects which kind of ending you will receive. So there is a strong incentive to play competently in this game and that's good. The level of depth in terms of universe building is also here and preserved from the Cold Steel games, which I absolutely adored.

All in all, this one is definitely a must-have game for the Vita. After having finished P4G and ToCS I&II, there are just not many games like these left to play on the system. Like the aforementioned titles, these games are just a delight to play portably.

Th3solution

@KratosMD so is Tokyo Xanadu a sequel to the ToCS at all? Forgive my ignorance of the series, but I am interested to play it at some point. What would be the best order to play them?
(I already picked up ToCS I for Vita but haven’t had time to play it yet. I figured this was the place to start.)

KratosMD

@Th3solution No, not at all. There is no relation to the series other than it's made by the same developers. However, there is one character in Tokyo Xanadu which is taken straight from Cold Steel, but other than that it's just the same formula but with its own separate story.

So naturally, play Tokyo Xanadu after ToCS I if you want to feel some emotional attachment to that character, who is a pretty integral character in the story of ToCS. Other than that, you have to play ToCS I before ToCS II because they're basically one and the same game.

By the way, if you're a patient player then you're going to absolutely love the first game. And having played the first game will intensify your emotions towards everything going on in the second game just because you will have been so familiarised with the world by that time. It makes the second game MUCH more delightful of an experience because of that, in comparison to if you had not played the first one at all.

Th3solution

@KratosMD Thank you. That helps. I saw there is supposed to be a Cold Steel 3 coming out for PS4 I think, if I remember correctly so my interest is piqued. My issue is just the time (or rather lack of it), and I have put the series on the back burner, but I happened to have some store credit and there was nothing else I really wanted much so it was an impulse buy of something to add to my backlog since copies aren’t always easy to find. I think I only paid $12 or so. My Vita backlog is not quite as bad as my PS4 one, but it’s still pretty huge.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic