Forums

Topic: what PS Vita Game are you Playing ?

Posts 361 to 380 of 387

themcnoisy

Still Dariusburst, but now with a side helping of badland. great game suitable for vita but the trophies suck.

I also jumped on sega mega collection and ended playing phantasy star 3. Its absolutely rubbish, pity shining force 2 isnt on this version (psp version sf2 was on the x360 version of sega megadrive collection)

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

booshy89

booshy89 wrote:

Just started a hard run on Guacamelee - did not give this anywhere near enough appreciation a few years back when I got it.

Got to a point where I'm stuck now so given it a break.
In the mean time, I've completed Titan Attacks and made starts on Level 22 and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.

http://psnprofiles.com/booshy_89

PSN: booshy_89 | Twitter:

KratosMD

Started playing the first Danganronpa today. I really needed a break from all the action-y games that I've been playing lately and I can say that it's so nice to just play an easy-going game like Danganronpa, especially on a handheld. I'm also a sucker for Japanese-made games that are set mostly in schools, so this game will definitely be a perfect fit for me. I'm already loving all the unique characters and the plot, so it will definitely be an interesting game to play.

'To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly'
'They fail to live because they are always preparing to live' - Alan Watts

Ralizah

KratosMD wrote:

I'm already loving all the unique characters and the plot

Oh god, you have no idea.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this series. It's probably the one reason I keep track of my Vita at all at this point. The fact that I won't be able to play V3 when it first releases fills me with despair!

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

PSN: Ralizah

KratosMD

@Ralizah Yeah, I can see why this is such a good series. I've been holding off on playing them for a long time now since I was still playing P4G on my Vita when I got the games. So now I thought it would be a perfect time to jump into this series, especially since V3 is coming out in roughly 2 months. I'm going to be trying to play through the current three games just in time for V3 to release. It's actually going to be hard to decide if I want to play V3 on the Vita or the PS4, but the convenience of playing a visual novel on a handheld is probably going to be the deciding factor for me.

How come you're not going to be playing V3 at launch?

'To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly'
'They fail to live because they are always preparing to live' - Alan Watts

Ralizah

@KratosMD I can't imagine what benefit there would be to playing a VN on a stationary platform that would outweigh the downside of not being able to play it anywhere.

Then again, I feel this way about most games, which is why I bought a Switch at launch.

I'm going on a cruise around the time the game releases. Won't have any WiFi access, unfortunately.

Edited on by Ralizah

Th3solution

@Ralizah Omg, delay the cruise! Then you can take V3 with you and play it poolside while you travel! It's what the Vita was made for!

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

Ralizah

@Th3solution I wish I could. The sad thing is:
1) The last time I cruised I played Danganronpa 2 for the first time, and it was magical.
2) I leave for the cruise only a couple of days before the game releases.

Halfway through the cruise we stop by a port where we regain access to cellular data for 10 hours or so. I'm going to investigate whether I can use my phone as a hotspot to connect my Vita to PSN and download the game. I would at least have it for the latter half of the cruise (and the drive home, which I don't do, because I hate driving).

Th3solution

@Ralizah Well, if you haven't played The Nonary Games yet, I can recommend that as a similar treat on the Vita. It's what I'm playing now. Similar in that it's a Visual Novel of sorts with a good mysterious story and interesting characters. It's a ton of content being a bundle of 2 games, 999 and Virtues Last Reward. I finished 999 and I'm only about ... maybe a third of the way through VLR, but I like it so far. Not quite the fun and personality of Danganronpa, and the gameplay part is puzzles in the form of escape rooms, so it plays very differently in that regard.

If the other guy is getting better, then you'd better be getting better faster than he's getting better, or you're getting worse.

Ralizah

@Th3solution I was actually a Zero Escape fans years before I was a Danganronpa fan. First played 999 on the DS, then VLR on the 3DS at launch, and then, of course, I jumped the moment ZTD released on the Vita.

VLR is incredible, by the way. My favorite game in the series, and one of the best games on the 3DS/Vita. Just be sure to get all of the gold files in the puzzle rooms, as 100% completion unlocks a special scene at the very end of the game.

How did 999 control on a single-screen device, btw? Did it have a lot of split-screen action or something? I recall certain moments in that game that would be difficult to pull off on anything other than a dual-screened device (For example, when Junpei was communicating with the child version of Akane near the end of the game, the past timeline played out on the top screen while the present timeline played out on the bottom)

Edited on by Ralizah

Reanfan7

I'm currently playing through Tales of Hearts R, a shame Tales of Innocence R wasn't also localized.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com Soon to be TheGamerResort.

Stats
Reviews: 548
Features: 206
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

Th3solution

@Ralizah Not having played on the DS I don't have that to compare it to, but the single screen presentation was perfectly fine. There was just switching back and forth between scenes and it seemed to still make sense to me and didn't detract from the story in any perceived way for me. Probably the dual screen experience would be better, but the game ran and looked great on the Vita and I still really liked it.
I like VLR a lot so far too, but my only complaint is I think I actually like the anime style drawn character representations of 999 better than the computer generated character models of VLR. Yes, it does mean characters can move real time during conversations and emote more effectively, but I prefer the artistic style of the drawn characters in 999 and the graphics of VLR look more dated in comparison because of the choice to animate the characters this way. Overall the story is really good so far and I am enjoying it and it certainly is a much bigger game with way more endings to get through. I also like color system as opposed to the digital root theme that was in 999. The escape rooms in VLR seem harder to me, a little more complex and at times challenging, but not yet to the point of excessive frustration.
I am excited to see how Zero Time Dilemma futher evolves the series.

Ralizah

@Th3solution Oh man, if the 3D models in VLR bug you, then you are going to hate the style employed in ZTD. Just... don't go into that last game with really high expectations. It helps if you consider that, for a long time after VLR released, we thought we were never getting a third ZE game, so I'm just thankful it exists at all.

I really liked the flow chart system in VLR. Having to replay 999 over and over again from the beginning was a pain in the butt. Also, I hate how vague the requirements are for activating the true ending in that game.

I do want to play the remastered version of 999 on Vita, but since I already own VLR on both 3DS and Vita, I'm not willing to shell out for the whole package. I'm assuming eventually 999 will become available as an independent $19.99 download...

Th3solution

@Ralizah Well, one of the improvements in the Vita version of 999 is that they added the flow chart system to it which works nearly identical to VLR's so you don't have to play through he whole story and can jump around just like in VLR. And you can skip text in the same manner that you can in VLR by ... pressing square (insert shameless plug for this website here). But yes, the flowchart is a lifesaver when trying to get all the endings.
But you're right on the weird cryptic way to get the true ending, but it kind of makes sense in the context of the story, how certain things need to be seen first.

Edited on by Th3solution

themcnoisy

@Th3solution god knows how you can play the vita on a sunny day by the pool.

A) you cant see anything due to the sun

B) the vita cooks and closes down

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

dd8900

I'm currently playing Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational. It's very addicting trying to unlock and collect everything.
I just finished Child of Light and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir. Both excellent Vita games. The CoL soundtrack is amazing.
I'm always returning to Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions and Resogun. I have three more trophies left in GW and Resogun is just a joy to play and chase the leader boards.
Queued up I have:
Muramasa Rebirth
Dragon's Crown
Darkest Dungeon

dd8900

Th3solution

@dd8900 I need to play Child of Light. It looks great. I keep thinking it will be a free PS plus game, but it hasn't yet.

Dragon's Crown was pretty good, and worth a try in my opinion. I tried playing Muramasa Rebirth but for some reason I couldn't get into it. It is one of the most beautiful games on the Vita, colorful and artistic, and the gameplay was okay, but the level design was frustrating and I had trouble progressing at one point and so I gave up on it after a few hours of trekking back and forth trying to find where to go to progress the story. I didn't even have the energy to invest in looking it up online in a guide either. A lot of people like it though, but I just didn't.

booshy89

@Th3solution I'm doing the exact same with Child of Light - I'd happily pick it up in a sale too but it only ever seems to go on sale for the PS4/3 versions!

http://psnprofiles.com/booshy_89

PSN: booshy_89 | Twitter:

Xaritah

I'm juggling my time between the nonary games and ff x2 ( i never finished this one only the ffx ) but i have 7 more vita games im my backlog to play 😆 who said vita had no games? 😲

Xaritah

PSN: Sarasilva7

Th3solution

@Xaritah I'm still working on Nonary Games too, have been for several weeks. Got side tracked by UC Lost Legacy and a few other PS4 games. But I finished all endings of 999 and am through about 1/2 the endings of VLR. I only have maybe 4 or 5 escape rooms left, so I should be able to plow through the narrative pretty quick after that, if I can pull myself away from UCLL this weekend (unlikely). But the Nonary Games are really good. What do you think about it? I think I still like Danganronpa a little better though, as far as VNs go. Yet I still need to play Danganronpa 2, if I can ever get the time. You're right, so many games on the Vita alone! Much less my PS4!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic