Forums

Topic: what PS Vita Game are you Playing ?

Posts 341 to 360 of 388

KratosMD

Started playing Gravity Rush for the first time today. Man, I really wish this was the first game I played back when I got my Vita, because this is really everything you could ask for a AAA-experience. A 3D, open-world game with pretty nifty gameplay mechanics, I love it. I also thought that the motion controls were mandatory according to a simple Google search, but apparently you can use the right control-stick as well, which is good.

'To judge others by your own standard is the height of folly'
'They fail to live because they are always preparing to live' - Alan Watts

Kyroki

Recently started playing through the Sly Cooper series again. Probably my favourite series in all of PlayStation (even ahead of the likes of Uncharted) and it brings back a load of memories from my childhood! They're all really good 3D platformers and the first two in the series are very easy platinum trophies for anyone looking an easy couple.

Add my PSN: kyrokigaming
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: kyrokigaming | Twitter:

Ralizah

Tetris Ultimate. It's... Tetris. Always fun, but there's not a whole lot to do with the concept. I tried Skullgirls, but it wasn't optimized very well for the Vita.

@KratosMD It's best to play it like Splatoon (i.e. use the right stick to make big camera adjustments and gyro to pinpoint where you want to aim). Definitely the best first-party game on the Vita, and pretty close to being my all-time favorite release on the handheld period.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

Still Final Fantasy X - I'm finally back at Zanarkand. Praise the lord. Wakka has constant haste and has 71 agility and 50 something accuracy after mount gagazet he's a one man wrecking machine! Auron has 7200 health and all the break abilities and Tidus can just about use cure. Poor Tidus.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

KratosMD

@Ralizah That's actually what I've been doing, because it feels so imprecise with the control stick but I also don't want to wave around my Vita all crazy-like, so it's a good trade-off. It's gonna take some time to get used to but I feel like it's the optimal way to play the game. It really is a fun game and hopefully I'll get to pick up the sequel soon as well, because that one looks like a major step-up compared to the first game.

slampog

Uncharted: Golden Abyss on Crushing (really want to platinum it). Then probably going back to Child of Light or Gravity Rush.

slampog

PSN: hoard_moard | Twitter:

booshy89

@slampog Nice, I got that one last year, there are some frustrating bits but if I can do it then most people can!

Personally, I'm playing Sly Cooper 2 and Legends of War at the moment.
Once I've knocked those two on the head I intend to give Bastion a go.

http://psnprofiles.com/booshy_89

PSN: booshy_89 | Twitter:

KratosMD

I've been playing through Uncharted Golden Abyss these past days and while the game really feels like an Uncharted game, I can't help but feel that it's really forcing you to use all of the Vita's functions. I mean, there's one chapter specifically dedicated for motion controls and you can't turn them off, so if you really suck at them then you can't even proceed with the game. Another unnecessary part was having to put the Vita's rear camera against a bright light in order to illuminate something in the game. AC Liberation also had these and those are so annoying because you can't really tell if you're doing it right or not, you just gotta try and it takes forever.

It doesn't really work when you incorporate so many different gimmicks in a game, they should just keep them simple and far and few between. Other than that, it's the same Uncharted you know and love but on a portable device, which is really cool.

ReanSchwarzer7

I've been playing Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment! It's a great game, but the fact that you only have a single save file that autosaves everytime you move to a different location means that it's extremely easy to perma-miss the platinum which is totally ridiculous...

Edited on by ReanSchwarzer7

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Reviews: 593
Features: 209
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

Kyroki

Been playing through Persona 4 Golden and Sly 2: Band of Thieves whilst I've been on holiday. After sinking about 14 hours into P4G, I can now understand why everyone rates the Persona series so highly. I reckon once I get it finished I may look to pick up Persona 5 to play on the big screen at home!

Add my PSN: kyrokigaming
Follow me on Twitter: @Kyr0ki
Twitch.tv/Kyr0ki

PSN: kyrokigaming | Twitter:

booshy89

Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate for me at the moment, nearing the the platinum for it now.

Will be moving on to Sly 3: Honour Among Thieves and AC Chronicles after this.
Trying to clear up my back catalogue of bought games, not just plus games.

Edited on by booshy89

AFCC

Actually...nothing but reading this thread made me want to go and give my Vita some love! I think I'll play Muramasa

AFCC

PSN: CostaPablo

ApostateMage

Everybody's Golf. The spike in difficulty on some of the gold rank courses is ridiculous.

ApostateMage

Ralizah

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir. Beautiful (if incredibly repetitive) little game.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

PSN: Ralizah

ReanSchwarzer7

@Kyroki You could also get a PSTV if you want to play your Vita games on the big screen. I got mine bundled with a Dualshock 4 controller, and a Vita Memory card for $120 at Amazon last month.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Reviews: 593
Features: 209
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

themcnoisy

I'm currently playing dariusburst chronicle saviours. I've just beaten thousand knives in the CS mode. Boom. Made up with that, super tough boss, practically impenetrable until I bought the assault ship to take him on.

Forum Multiplat BGoAT coming February 2018
Forums Nintendo BGoAT 2017 - Super Mario Bros 3, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy.
Forums Playstation BGoAT 2016 - Uncharted 2, The Last Of Us, Witcher 3.
Forums Multiplat BGoAT 2015 - Final Fantasy 7, Zelda Ocari...

PSN: mc_noisy

ApostateMage

I've re-downloaded FFIX to play in bursts. I love my Vita for this.

ApostateMage

booshy89

Just started a hard run on Guacamelee - did not give this anywhere near enough appreciation a few years back when I got it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic