Forums

Topic: Vita PCH-1000 model VS the Vita slim?

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

sub12

Just wondering which one you prefer, I picked up a used Vita launch model for about 140 dollars (I think it might be a 3G model because it has a notification of No SIM on the top left). Call me a hypocrite (I deserve it), but I'm about to be overseas for a month and I wanted something a bit different from my 3DS (plus I missed Metal Slug Anthology and I wanted to complete Golden Compass).

So far I've been playing God of War 2 HD (PS3) via PS Now.......I will say that personally I think the PCH-1000 model is superior.first the obvious, the OLED screen trounced the house hum LED on the slim, as well, the fatter PCH-1000 feels much more comfortable than the slim (which usually cramped my hands).

I had the slim for about 3 weeks and sold it off, kinda regretted it......but I'm happy I went with the PCH-1000 now.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

3dcaleb

the oled one is way better. i love mine and would never get the led slim version.

playing mostly - fantasy life, sword art online: hollow fragment, pokemon x&y, solatorobo, freedom wars, dragon ball z battle of z, futuridium. just got & about to play soon - shin megami tensei IV, one piece romance dawn & unlimited world red, muramasa rebirth, gundam seed battle ...

PSN: GHOLA36

larry_koopa

I also prefer the original model, just for the quality of the screen alone. I never owned a slim, but I was able to test it out at my local EB Games back when it launched... it was at that point that I went with the original lol.

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

sub12

I thought one of the biggest differences was comfort level.

The slim is perhaps a bit too thin, my hands would cramp up in like 15 minutes. With the orginal model, I guess that little bit of extra size really helps, because it feels rather well.

The OLED is superior to the LED, although I have heard people complain about the saturation levels in the OLED and that the Slim displays a more natural, calibrated color level, which is true..........but I like it when colors pop, so the OLED is my choice.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

Gamer83

Have a launch model and am more than happy with it.

Gamer83

KALofKRYPTON

Still got a fat. Love it. Never seen a slim in person. I'd pick one up cheaply though, if only for the micro USB.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.