Forums

Topic: Gravity Rush

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

Kidfried

@Octane They're totally optional and if it weren't for the trophy list, I wouldn't even have known they were there. (You need to take photo's of different things.)

Kidfried

Ralizah

Oh yeah, I really need to get back to GR2! I kind of forgot about it last year.

The free-roaming in GR1 was wonderful. I really liked exploring the city, completing quests, and finding collectibles/resources to increase my powers. The story sections were less enthralling, though, as they often either stripped you of your powers or forced you to stealth around.

Got the plat for GR on Vita, but never got the DLC, so I'm looking forward to re-platinuming it on PS4 and seeing the extra DLC content.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Th3solution

I have been playing through GR2 off and on the last few weeks. I spent the first several days farming Dusty Tokens, but now am ploughing through story and a few side quests. I wasn’t sure why people were complaining about the the gravity shifting and getting disoriented in the air, as I always just click on R3 if I lose my bearings and it shifts to normal gravitational perspective and that seemed to help me ... BUT — then I made it to the area in the tunnels where you get the Jupiter powers ... and I completely understand people’s gripes now. Jeez, that was awful. It was near impossible to get your bearings while smashing through walls, then sticking to a wall, trying to fight with the camera to see which way is up, although there really was no ‘up’ there anyways, and then meanwhile having to fight and find the enemies within the time limits, and then having to escape the walls closing in on you within the time frame, just spinning around randomly looking at identical walls of debris trying to find the exit ... ugh! 😫 It was pretty maddening. I had been liking the game up to that point. I hope thats the last one of those maze-like sequences. Gah!
But I’m with @Kidfried , I give the game a little leeway and will continue to play to completion because I love the concept and the art style and Kat is just so endearing. I can’t think of another game character that nails the awkward yet lovable bumbling innocence of a hyperactive girl quite like Kat does.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@Th3solution Yep, that's the weird part! But I didn't like that boss fight before it either. The boss fight at the end of the maze was pretty cool though.

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane Yes, exactly. The boss before was that moving city and I died several times before I figured out that as soon as the marker shows up in the fight, you better high-tail it away or you get sucked in and die. At least I think that was what was happening. The whole enormousness if the boss and the space you were fighting there was just too much. Flying from one weak point to the next was just too far and the arms move and it was just all kind of a mess. Then right after that, you end up in the claustrophobic maze thing. 😩 It was enough to almost make me rage-quit. But then you’re right, the mechanical skull boss was well done. One of the better bosses so far.

And I really like the lunar, normal, and Jupiter styles you can have — with their effects on how heavy it makes Kat’s body. The whole gravity reference is so clever. (And pretty hilarious when Raven teases Kat about having gained weight 😂)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution I really like reading the points you make, in part because I can relate with them so much but also because it reminds me of how invested I am in that series.

I agree on enjoying that particular Kat/Raven interaction and their relation in particular.

In many respects I am not like Kat at all. For instance, I wish I was as light-hearted as she was. But still I could really relate to her. Great stuff.

Lunar/Jupiter stuff is really funny, but I felt I would have enjoyed it better if they had refined the controls a bit more. I loved the Lunar attacks best, but moving around was a bit of a pain.

I pretty much liked all boss fights, except the last Hekseville one, which felt completely random.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried “light-hearted” ... I see what you did there. LOL. She’s especially light-hearted in lunar style. 😂

Edited on by Th3solution

Octane

@Th3solution Yeah, I distinctly remember trying to keep up with the most distal part of the moving arm. I think Raven beat the boss for me. The screen sorta froze, and I was afraid the game crashed, but it entered a cut-scene and I won, apparently.

By the way, am I the only one who notices a weird lag between initiating a conversation and the text bubbles popping up on screen?

Octane

Th3solution

@Octane I think I have noticed a brief lag when you initiate a conversation or press the button to start a mission. It doesn’t seem too bad, but it can be noticeable. There is definitely lags between challenges showing up and the online features syncing.

Kidfried

@Octane Haven't noticed it at all. Do you play on Pro?

Kidfried

Octane

@Kidfried Nope, vanilla PS4. I don't think it's a hardware issue, just a weird in-game thing.

Octane

Octane

The mission where you need to stop the incoming missiles is awful!

Octane

JJ-firl

Just picked this up on the Vita, can't wait to dive/fall/fly in...

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.