Forums

Topic: Danganronpa

Posts 201 to 220 of 435

nessisonett

I forgot just how good Chapter 4 was. After the 3rd one was a bit of a letdown, the 4th chapter totally ramped up the twists, turns and the overarching mystery. Strangely, despite voicing my massive dislike for Turnabout Big Top, the absolute bottom of the AA cases, the ending of this chapter felt decidedly similar to that one, in a good way. Both leave you feeling strangely empty, even if you now know who committed the murder. Also worth mentioning that AA has the death penalty so the outcomes aren’t too different from DR, albeit delayed with the whole Death Row thing. I will say however, Sakura’s suicide is actually the first sign of true hope in the game, due to the real note and her noble intentions. For once, you feel like you have a slight jump on the mastermind. I do remember Chapter 5’s basic premise but I don’t remember the details as much as the others so this one will be fun!

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

PSVR_lover

I loved Ultra Despair Girls - I hear they are doing a second one, let’s hope so. I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

crimsontadpoles

So, I had a quick glance at the "Novels" section in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, and well, that turned into a long read. The novel they had there was Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc: IF, which is well worth reading for anyone that's played the first game.

The novel is basically an alternate "What If?" version of the first game's storyline, where a minor difference causes a drastic change in what happens.

As I've beaten the second game, it was great revisiting the first game's storyline, and seeing the old gang again. Plus it was wonderful to see more of Mukuro, who we didn't really get to know in the first game.

belmont

@crimsontadpoles To answer my own question in my Vita version clear file the novel is just there in the main menu. I don't know how I missed it. I guess I found what to do this evening

belmont

crimsontadpoles

@Kidfried It's going to be better to not to wait for me. I've only finished 2 fairly recently, so I'd like a long break before thinking about UDG, and then a break after that before V3.

Plus, it's arguably a game that I'd prefer not to play with others. I tend to do one chapter per week, which is probably a much slower pace than everyone else. And I'd like to avoid other people's thoughts and speculations until after I've completed the game, in case someone accidentally reveals something major that I hadn't figured out yet.

Anyway, don't let me being a downer stop you guys from coordinating a playthrough together if you guys want to.

Kidfried

@crimsontadpoles yea, i get that too! I tend to play through visual novels pretty quickly, but with most other games I'm really slow compared to others.

Kidfried

Th3solution

@Kidfried Sure — sounds pretty good to me, but I can be fairly flexible if needed. As long as reviews are favorable I’m going to bite on Ghost of Tsushima next week, so depending on how that goes and how much of my time it takes, a month from now I’ll probably be ready to add in a good visual novel for some diversity, so the timing looks good for me. Game Club is poised to do BioShock next month and I’ve played that before and although I’ll likely re-experience Rapture alongside just for kicks, I’m more interested in finally doing Danganronpa V3. If Nessi and Foxy would like us to wait for them a little to finish Danganronpa 2 then I’m fine with that too. Just reading their posts it seems like they both are pretty fast with completing their games. I know Foxy tore through the first game in about a week. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

I just couldn't help myself @Th3solution! ... Plus I was a little less busy then I am now 😅

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be taking part in the V3 run with you, @Kidfried and potentially ness either.

I don't have V3 for a start (I unfortunately missed it going dirt cheap on the NISA europe store) plus I still need to go through the second and I wasn't quite planning on that yet. (Might do after Bloodstained and Trails of Cold Steel).

Not to mention I'd probably wanna play Ultra Despair girls as well beforehand.

You'd be waiting ages for me otherwise so you two/three go right ahead!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No worries. @Kidfried and I have both been sitting on it for a long time already, so we’ll proceed and if you change your mind or catch an unexpected sale then that’s fine too. When we play we’ll be sure to spoiler tag things, like usual so as not to spoil it for your inevitable playthrough later.

On that subject I’ve been playing ToCS off and on too so maybe I’ll get reinvigorated from your playthrough there. 😄 It’s a really good game so far though.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

PSVR_lover

I missed the novel in Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair. I’ll have to boot the game up now and read it. I beat the game twice so it should be there.

Edited on by PSVR_lover

Ralizah

@belmont Yeah, Spike Chunsoft will relist the games themselves soon. No biggie.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

... So I've started up Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair having only just done ten minutes or so of the intro.

I already like the look of the cast. Just as wacky and colourful as Trigger Happy Havoc's.

Why's Byakuya back though and all pudgey?!?! 😂

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I almost did a real spit-take when fat Byakuya appeared.

DR2 has the best cast in the series, IMO.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

Ralizah wrote:

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I almost did a real spit-take when fat Byakuya appeared.

... I very nearly did myself @Ralizah 😅

Usami from Happy Havoc's School mode popping up was a bit of a surprise as well. Neat little callback.

I like the neat little edition in the left hand corner of the screen telling you what track is playing at any given moment.

The fact that there's a level system and a tamagotchi like pet as well is quite interesting. I'm probably gonna forget about that little thing way too many times

PSVR_lover

“DR2 has the best cast in the series, IMO.”

I second that, loved how strange they were, in general I thought DR2 was the best game in series and having the best cast helped.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.