Forums

Topic: World Cup 2018 | OT | Jules Rimet Still Gleaming

Posts 561 to 580 of 591

BAMozzy

Game Over?? 25mins to score 3 now for Croatia but it looks like France will score more...

EDIT: Maybe that mistake will give Croatia a lift - 2 goals needed in 20mins...

Edited on by BAMozzy

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Fight_Teza_Fight

Well here is one

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

BAMozzy

And people say Karius is 'bad' - but De Gea and Allison disappointed and now Lloris with a 'big' mistake in a Final...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

andreoni79

Does Giroud usually play football? Or does he work in a barber shop for hipsters?
BTW, he could say he won the WC without doing anything...

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

kyleforrester87

Well done France, well done Croatia (who were probably robbed). And well done everyone, cracking World Cup this year.

Roll on the Euros!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ApostateMage

Croatia were so unlucky, they were the better team overall but France have players who can lethal when they get a chance. It would have been a whole different game if that dubious penalty decision wasn't given.

ApostateMage

andreoni79

@ApostateMage I think the penalty was clear. The biggest disappointment today was Modric: even if he wasn't pressed by opponents he looked intimidated. Maybe I'm just too obsessed by Perisic, but he was everywhere, running till the end.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Kidfried

France was pretty brilliant today.

Kidfried

ApostateMage

@andreoni79 Yeah, Perisic was great, I can see Man Utd going in for him again after his performances in this World Cup. I thought Modric was good today, even when he's not at his best he's still quietly bossing the midfield.

ApostateMage

Fight_Teza_Fight

It's been a good tournament.
Obviously disappointed from a German perspective, but what can you do. Time to rebuild.

France looked like winners throughout the tournament, even though Croatia were the better side tonight. Really glad to see Modric win the Golden Ball just to see the Croatian president light up. You could tell that just being in the final meant a lot.
Untitled
Untitled

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

themcnoisy

Unlucky Croatia. Great tournament for all the teams invloved. A pity VAR has ruined the final a touch. I didnt win £580 but hey ho, nice to have that feeling of backing a winner for so long. Im never betting ever again as I nearly became Croatian lol.

Just to underline my feelings towards Englands easy run - what a load of cadswallop every team was at the WC on merit. England played their best overall footy in the 2 friendlies and first 2 group games. Once into the knockout every team was good - EVERY TEAM and we didnt play as well for 90 whole minutes. If England had the freshness of the first 2 group games we could of achieved even more. The 15 teams in the knockout stage had to overcome qualifiers and then the wc group stage, no teams are there by fluke other than the hosts. Columbia, Sweden and Croatia is an intimidating run of games compared to Italy, USA and Holland for instance which would have been a cakewalk.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

ShadowWarrior

I'll say it France couldnt beat the US National team if it happen.

Edited on by ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior

YeYa

Thanks everyone for support! This final meant a lot to Croatia. We are proud of our boys and how they united us and stood there against giant nations. We were better team out there but unlucky... Already being second IN THE WHOLE WORLD means so much to us. What a world cup has this been!

Edited on by YeYa

PSN: YeYa_3

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy Well said son. You will always get some killjoys unfortunately. At the very least they have reconnected back with the fans, which was missing before.

Well done to France and Croatia, gave us a brilliant end to a fantastic world cup.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

WanderingBullet

@andreoni79 Giroud is probably the worst player in that French starting eleven. The only reason he's there is because he works for the team and Deschamps thinks he can lead the line well. No goals during the entire tournament is just bad. I agreed with Henry when he said that Arsenal will not win the the league if Giroud is their main striker.

I do feel sorry for Modric, though. This will probably be his last World Cup. Some of his teammates are on the wrong side of thirty too unfortunately.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

WanderingBullet

@Fight_Teza_Fight Love the fact that Kolinda was wearing Croatia's jersey. She seems like very friendly and sincere person too. The part when she said, "Can I touch the trophy..." made me smile.

Was a good surprised when I saw Lahm (one of my favourite German players) when he brought the trophy out too.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

YeYa

@WanderingBullet We have the best president For us this is silver with a golden shine. They are our heroes!

PSN: YeYa_3

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.