Forums

Topic: World Cup 2018 | OT | Jules Rimet Still Gleaming

Posts 541 to 560 of 591

andreoni79

@YeYa Any news about Perisic? I heard he had a little injury...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

AdamNovice

@YeYa Who cares if it was penalties or Panama, you play what's in front of you.
@andreoni79 The golden Boot isn't about performances, it's about how many goals you score and right now he has more then anybody else.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

ApostateMage

It would be interesting to hear what some of our foreign members of the community think of England as a team. Us England fans (understandably) got caught up in the hype and euphoria of them getting to the semis but the last two games have proved that we're still nowhere near as good as some of the better teams in this World Cup.

ApostateMage

andreoni79

@ApostateMage Since Italy choosed to take a break I'm watching every match wothout being involved. What I didn't like in England was the fact they didn't play on the wings so their game was very predictable, as Kane and Sterling showed after the first two matches. When the ball goes to Belgium, Croatia or France you can always expect some magic, but with England it never happens.

YeYa

@andreoni79 He will be ready, no worries. Media are trying to portray us as broken and injured but nah.
PS: It is a shame Italy didn't qualify for campionato mondiale di calcio. Football is a way of life in Italy

Edited on by YeYa

PSN: YeYa_3

YeYa

@ApostateMage I think you were way overhyped by your media. Everywhere I saw headlines that underestimated your opponents (for example, Croatia). But that was the hype not your team. You still have a lot to learn. You won against Panama, Tunis, Colombia and Sweden and that took you to the semifinals. I think you have overall quality in your team but lack in performance and creativity against better teams.

PSN: YeYa_3

AdamNovice

@YeYa This Semi Final run HAS to be the start for our country to produce better things. The fans haven't had any joy or positivity from our national side for a long time till this summer. Think that's why the media hyped everything up (though they were reacting to the general public perception). But at last in Gareth Southgate we have a guy who has a clear plan and blueprint for things to progress. Our U18's 19's and 20's won major tournaments in the past year and I think he's looking to bring those players through cos they will know what tournament football requires and are more likely to know how each other plays. The difficult part is them getting regular premier league games for their clubs cos right now enough aren't playing.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

JJ-firl

@YeYa Thanks! Good luck tomorrow, I assume you have taken a week off to recover from the celebrations 😉.

@andreoni79 In 2 years Italy will shine in the Eurocup!

pastel days & neon nights

PSN: JJ-firl

WanderingBullet

@ApostateMage To be honest, before the group stage draws, I thought England might not make it out of the group stage phase. However, after seeing they got paired up with Panama and Tunisia I my prediction was that they would get to the last 16 but get knocked out there. For me their just an above average team. All they've done in this tournament is beaten two poor and two average teams but lost to two good teams. Even though he scored 6 goals (one was a fluke) they were all against poor teams. Only consolation is that Kane will get the Golden Boot.

@andreoni79 That's because they don't have someone like a Modric that has a creative spark and can control the midfield. They'd probably have done better if they had player like Gascoigne, Scholes, Lampard or Gerard.

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

andreoni79

@WanderingBullet I'm a big fan of players like Perisic, Salah, Quadrado, Chadli ecc. Unpredictable, fast thinking and with good feet. You can put Modric in the England midfield, but he would need good wings to open the game.

WanderingBullet

@andreoni79 To be honest, I didn't know he was a West Brom player but I've been quite impressed with Chadli during this tournament.

Huntin' monsters erryday.

RenanKJ

Go, Croatia!! It should be 1-0 but that judge is stealing for France... It wasn't a penalty and it wasn't a foul!! So unfair.

RenanKJ

PSN: rkummer

BAMozzy

Well this isn't a typical World Cup final with two teams desperate not to lose rather than playing to win...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

AdamNovice

Fortnite emote now seen in a world cup final. Who'd have predicted that a year ago?

AdamNovice

Twitter:

BAMozzy

@RenanKJ It was a 'Penalty' under the 'rules' but it is a 'harsh' one. They do say that if you have your arms away from the body, its more likely to be given as a penalty but it is more a ball to hand. His hand does move down too which could be construed as 'deliberate' to block the ball. You only seem to get away with 'ball to hand' if you arms are by your side now as its almost 'intentional' because you are making yourself 'bigger' to block the ball. It clearly hit his hand so gave the Ref the opportunity to make that decision - it wasn't as if the Ref gave it without having several looks under VAR.

The first was a bit soft - not really a free kick but Croatia could and should of defended that much better. Hopefully though, these incidents will fire them up in the 2nd half - not that they have looked overwhelmed.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Fight_Teza_Fight

Croatia deserve better.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.