Forums

Topic: World Cup 2018 | OT | Jules Rimet Still Gleaming

Posts 501 to 520 of 591

Kidfried

@YeYa Have a great night, mate, and celebrate! This is something really rare.

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@YeYa well done Croatia! Modric is one of the best and Perisic was class. Its not over yet though! The plan for the final should be to load up on the right back Pavard for France as he is massively fallible. Come on Croatia your win will pay for my family tickets to Port Aventura!

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Kidfried

@themcnoisy I'm rooting for you and your family then!

I found Vida to be great this game. I wasn't a fan of his before the championship, but he certainly has his charm on the field. He was essential today.

Also, for all you English people on here: unfortunately there can only be two finalists. Have a drink or six to forget all about tonight. I'm sure you'll have another decent shot at the Euro final in a few years.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

themcnoisy

@Kidfried It will be great. I would have preferred an England win buy hey ho. That is life. I put £20 on Croatia to win after the first group match at 28/1 that was a ridiculous price for a team containing Real best player now, Barcelonas centre midfielder and Inters best player. Especially when some of the other favourites were clearly worse teams.

Its unlike the last semi-final I watched. England played better that night and Chris Waddle broke my heart. That was crushing, tonight we had the chance first half to win and blew it.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Fight_Teza_Fight

@YeYa Congratulations on a first ever World Cup final ! Croatia all the way!
Modric is such a joy to watch. He deserves a WC winners medal.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

AdamNovice

Sorry for my rant, heat of the moment stuff.

@YeYa Mate if I could see you now I would give you a hearty handshake and all the best for the final.

AdamNovice

Twitter:

Gremio108

That was tough to take. In hindsight I wonder if scoring early was such a good thing. We looked like we couldn't decide whether to push for another or to sit on it. And too many players just failed to turn it on tonight, in an attacking sense at least. Defensively I thought we were good.

I'd have taken semi-finals though. The fact that I'm disappointed England didn't get to the World Cup final shows how far we've come in such a short time. Southgate's remit was to turn us into something resembling a decent team. Mission accomplished. 2020 will be here in no time.

@Yeya good luck in the final on Sunday, mate. I still think France will win it, but if you manage it you deserve it because you'll have played about a million minutes of football by that point.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

@Fight_Teza_Fight He is a joy indeed. I keep talking about him to people, don't know what it is. He didn't play his greatest match today, but he still just oozes the love for the sport.

@adf86 Don't worry, I like the rants. It's soccer, so it's all about these emotions!

Kidfried

YeYa

For every England fan, I hope you will succed in your match for bronze. Thank you everyone! Love you all!!

Edited on by YeYa

PSN: YeYa_3

roe

As gutting as it ever is to lose in a semi-final, England were just not quite good enough against the first good team we played, unfortunately.

Making the last 4 hugely flatters us imo so we can't be too upset. The team spirit has been great and it's certainly a lot better than we've produced in any other tournament for a while.

In a way, football has come home. Hopefully give it a good go against Belgium on Saturday now.

roe

kyleforrester87

@roe yeah. And frankly I'd rather go out like this than drag myself to a pub on a Sunday evening to watch France deliver us our ass on a plate 😂

Hope England / Belgium is a decent game. Theirs unfinished business there. I can't see us beating them though honestly!

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

YeYa

@kyleforrester87 Your second game. May the better team win! Good luck everyone, don't be too upset because you have already achieved a lot.

PSN: YeYa_3

roe

@kyleforrester87 same, honestly I'd back them to hammer us really. Particularly given the way both semis have gone.

roe

Fight_Teza_Fight

@Kidfried I think the occasion got to him (& Croatia) early on, but they were the much better side in the second half. He came alive in the last 30mins.
He's the kind of footballer, that makes you go out and pick up a ball for a kick about. Infectious.

I reckon England will beat Belgium on Saturday.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Tasuki

So just to let you know, I will be running Push Square now. I don't think Sammy will be the same now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

Poor Sammy. Just wait ‘til the NY Giants stink again this year too. Lil’ guy can’t get a break. Oh well... go Croatia and France! (Did I get that right? Haven’t watched a single minute of the cup)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

WanderingBullet

Maybe England peaked too early by getting a dream early that match. Don't think they had any good attempts after that. Croatia controlled the second half with Modric orchestrating in the middle of the park. Perisic worked his socks off, not only did he scored a great goal but it seemed like he was everywhere at times. Pretty annoyed that United didn't want to pay Inter the money they wanted for him. Rakitic was good too. On the other I thought Rebic was poor. Also, that guy who didn't want to square the ball to Perisic during extra time shouldn't play in the final.lol

Kane didn't look as sharped in front of goal after the group stage. Still not a fan of Sterling tbh. I know pace is very vital in today's game but both he's finishing and decision making can be very poor at times. He's like some of England's past wingers - Shaun Wright Phillips, Theo Walcott and Aaron Lennon.

I wouldn't mind it if Croatia won the WC but I think they will feel the effects during the finals having played more minutes compared to France.

https://deadspin.com/watch-croatian-firefighters-miss-the-end...

Edited on by WanderingBullet

Huntin' monsters erryday.

PS_Nation

So, it's not coming home?

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by PS_Nation

PS_Nation

PS_Nation

@YeYa Modric deserves the Ballon d'Or this year, he was the best player of Real Madrid last season and he is doing an outstanding job with Croatia. What a great player.

PS_Nation

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.