Forums

Topic: Welcome/Introduction Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 679

andreoni79

@Cruciani Benvenuto!
Another Italian user who can teach you Brits how to cook pasta and how to not play rugby!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@juniors77 Welcome and hello!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Davh

Yalright folks, I'm pretty new to the forum, thought I'd say hello
I'm Dave, was just noseying about for ps4 forums and stumbled on here.
Caught the ps4 bug a while back after giving up with pc gaming.
Just about getting used to pad after all the years over kb/m, thankfully now holding my own in shooters haha

🤣

PSN : BigDavh

JohnnyShoulder

@Davh Welcome to the the forum, hope you have fun posting!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Davh Here's hoping you don't become too alienated from your keyboard and mouse, otherwise you might not be able to type out forum replies!

Welcome aboard.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@Davh HELLO!

welcome to Push Square and don't worry only a few of us bite

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Davh

Cheers for the welcome 👍🏻

PSN : BigDavh

nessisonett

I guess I should be really saying hi here since I’ve been on the site and comments for about 6 years now but only just noticed the forums existed recently. Those of you that don’t have me on ignore will have seen me around, acting like an idiot but I love you lot really 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Yeah it’s interesting to see that there are users who post and participate a lot on the general site articles, but never utilize the forums, and vice versa. I think you’ll find the forums to be much more diverse, civil, and a smaller, tighter knit community. I’m not sure how many regulars we have (a few dozen or so?), but this is where I really feel like the community shines and is the best little corner of the internet, away from the craziness of it all. Don’t let that ‘hypocrisy’ guy affect you. He’s definitely an outlier.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution I think we can all agree that ‘hypocrisy’ guy is now officially a meme. He was here to chew bubblegum and call 12 year olds ‘soft tacos’... and he was all outta bubblegum.

Th3solution

@nessisonett Haha, yeah. The main reason I even felt the need to reply on the thread was my offense to how he was twisting the U.S. Bill of Rights. He was a troll supreme. He will be very disappointed to find Xbox/MS is going to treat his behavior the same way as Sony did... and apparently Push Square — with a ban.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Quite the trial by fire on my entry to the forums but I expect it to be a lot calmer!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Welcome, stranger-who-isn't-actually-a-stranger!

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I really liked your reply, unfortunately he obviously came on here with an agenda and was not gonna listen to any reasoning.

@nessisonett Welcome to the forum!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Thanks. It was all deleted by moderators by the time I came back to the site, so I didn’t see his reply, if there was one. I’m glad they got rid of it though; I don’t really care what his reply would be, honestly. The best course of action with trolls is typically to ignore them, but I needed to clarify the false claims he was implying about the US Constitution since I know the majority of people are British and European here.

The more popular the site gets, the more new users we have, the more potential for knuckleheads to be in the mix. It’s the price of success, I suppose.

I think usually the regulars here are civil and prudent enough that it maybe scares away most of the riff-raff. As such, I’m typically glad to see new users come to the forums!

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Ah yes he did reply to you, don't recall exactly what he said, but it didn't make a bit of difference to his outlook to the situation. Not sure I totally understand the mentality of thinking it's OK to trash talk everyone. I was gonna say would you say those kinda things to a complete strangers face, but he strikes me as some one that would. I get banter and micky tacking, but there is a line you have to balance and he fell over it with no way back. PSN is a better place without him.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Agreed. Ah well, onward and upward.
I’ll let the thread return to its original purpose of new intros. 😄

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic