Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,285

Jaz007

@nessisonett It's kinda the same deal though, the context of his character and what it be meant to mean is removed. You're saying it's okay to have the subject, but if it's censored to fit your view on it. You're saying it's a good thing that the entire narrative has been changed by censorship since it fits your personal view on the subject. That's supporting censorship plain and simple. This is how censorship ends coming for stories you don't think should be censored get censored, when you starting shutting out disagreeable viewpoints.
@Ralizah Dang, Atlus censored the localization of P5R too? Man, they're on a roll....This is forming bad localization pattern.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@Ralizah Didn’t realise they’d removed that scene. It really did jar to be fair, it was such a random scene that added literally nothing to the plot other than a throwaway joke at gay people’s expense. As much as localisation teams should keep the artistic vision intact, sometimes changing smaller things to make the game more palatable is a good thing. Obviously sometimes that leads to massively hampered versions of the game but Atlus games seem to always have at least one dodgy joke in there, that utterly contradicts the message of the game.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

@Jaz007 @nessisonett Well, they're altering the dialogue, so it has the same effect. The scene is staying the same in Japanese, though.

It doesn't really bother me like, say, Tokyo Mirage Sessions's censorship did, which drastically changes part of the storyline and, in general, does a really bad job of visually censoring the game. If stuff is going to be changed, all I ask is that it not be painfully obvious where those changes were made.

Nintendo, at least, wised up about how to prevent these controversies from happening in the future: they develop games with an international audience in mind from the start now, so if any changes are made, the public will never get to know about them because they happen early in development.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

Unpopular Opinion: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire/Gen 3 was the best Pokémon Generation

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD Gen 4 was awesome and i would love Switch remakes of some of the older games because the worlds are so nice

still wont stop people moaning about them though

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

nessisonett

@KratosMD Gen 4 is hands down my favourite just because of the double whammy of Platinum and HeartGold not to mention loads of good spin offs. I would happily replay them over most of the later ones.

Thrillho

Anything after the first 150 (maybe 151) Pokemon is just sacrilege.

Thrillho

mookysam

Hmm, Gen 5 (Black/White) has the best Pokémon hands down, followed by Gen 3 - although Gen 4 has the best starters. White and Soul Silver are my favourite games in the series and helped me rediscover my love for it. I appreciated Ruby/Sapphire a lot more while playing the Alpha/Omega remake compared to the GBA original. It's an excellent remake!

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

mookysam

@KratosMD Guess it's why this is called the unpopular gaming opinions thread. 😂

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

nessisonett

@mookysam I really did like Gen 5 but everything afterwards ruined it so much that I haven’t even bought the new ones. I used to be really active on Smogon and the like but dropped off once Megas destroyed the game.

Ralizah

Gen 4 is one of my least favorite gens (although these last couple of gens are giving it major competition). D/P were boring and I never really liked Johto as a region.

Black & White were fantastic, though. They had the sort of narrative complexity and character development I've always wanted to see in a Pokemon game, and I really enjoyed the "soft reboot" approach.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but I thought Gen VI was really solid, too. X/Y were HUGE steps up for the franchise and featured the best multiplayer suite seen to date, and OR/AS are very solid remakes.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

FullbringIchigo

on another note and talking about gens am i the only person who can't stand playing Red/Blue and Gold/Silver anymore, great games for the time but after all the other gens they are so slow and clunky they just aint fun anymore, the remakes Fire Red/Leaf Green and Heart Gold/Soul Silver are much more fun to play, the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire remakes are great too but i don't count them as separate or new generations,

@Ralizah X/Y were awesome and so was Sun and Moon, not got a Switch yet so i can't say anything about Sword and Shield but i should be getting one soon

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo I dunno, G/S/C are still really fun to me but HG/SS are the better games. Red and Blue though, they’re borderline unplayable. Some of the bugs are actually so stupid you wonder how they got past the testers. Sabrina is really hard for no reason because there’s a bug where Psychic types are immune to Ghost moves, where it would normally be super effective. The game even encourages you to catch Ghost types despite this.

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett fun fact my batteries in Gold and Silver are dead so all my game data from those games are now lost

nessisonett

@FullbringIchigo That’s not a fun fact. RIP those Pokemon who are effectively dead 😭😭

FullbringIchigo

@nessisonett yeah i know, Gold and Silver were actually my first Pokemon games R.I.P my poor Sparky (it's what i called my Pikachu)

FullbringIchigo

Unpopular Opinion: i think the original Resident Evil 2 is better than the remake, the remake looks amazing but i still have more fun on the OG version

Anti-Matter

It's okay for a grown up man playing Kiddie or Girlie games.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@jdv95
Hm...
I will check more information about that game.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic