Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 761 to 780 of 803

JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger wrote:

Good. Everything would be so spectacularly boring if we were all identical. It's finding and respecting the differences between us which makes life worth living.

Good sir, I salute you! So many times I've been accused of being deliberately difficult just cos I expressed my honest opinion.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Thrillho I forgot about the companions. Yeah, I'll give you that one - Cass was superb, and Boone's personal quest was heartbreaking and well-written.

The strip was good but the framerate plummeted whenever I tried to walk along it. Same with the factions; by the time I got to the endgame where it mattered, I was struggling to get through missions without it crashing.

@Th3solution You could always just play Freedom Cry on its own. It's a standalone thing and there's much less of the naval stuff. Some of the 'tail-this-guy' quests are annoying, but it's worth playing through for an amazing mission near the end. The whole game is only a few hours long.

I wear the chain I forged in life. I made it link by link, and yard by yard.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, I know those accusations all too well, my friend. It's part of the reason I was (and still am, to a degree) super-polite and nervous when posting around here... I mean, it is the internet, after all. Thankfully, thusfar, everybody's proven my fears unfounded.

Always nice to bump into another member of the "my opinions don't quite fit into any clubs" club!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder yeah the internet is a dark, depressing place, it's nice to find a bit of light every now and then

Jeremy Brett is still the DEFINITIVE Sherlock

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make it's own judgments" - Zefram Cochran

"Hello there!" - Obi Wan Kenobi

it may be multiplatform now but Final Fantasy & PlayStation will always go hand in hand

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo ...and a regular injection of FFXV screencaps always helps.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man and let history make it's own judgments" - Zefram Cochran

it may be multiplatform now but Final Fantasy & PlayStation will always go hand in hand

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Stupid reality. Keeps getting in the way!

Carry on expressing yourself regardless, if you can. It's their problem, not yours. You're a far more honest and brave person than anybody else who feels the need to conform to a particular standard or way of thinking, or who blasts individuals for their individual opinions.

I know that sounds a bit like a cheesy greetings card platitude, but it's also kinda true.

And kinda why we have this topic, too!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger yeah one of the reasons for this topic was to give people a place to post their opinions on games and NOT be ridiculed or attacked for it, a safe haven if you will

anyway time for another Unpopular Opinion

so i was playing 007 Legends and i gotta say i still think it's a fun game, it's aged a bit and you can tell it was built on the old Call of Duty engine but it works for this one although i would have liked a few more "films" to be represented such as From Russia with love and Tomorrow Never Dies

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder

"A platitude is simply a truth repeated til people get tired of hearing it."

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Bonbonetti

I need to vent my dislike for the new God of War game, which I traded in today for something else. I liked the game's presentation, narrative style and characters ... but I did not enjoy the gameplay at all. 'Sure' the game has a "narrative-mode" of sorts, but it's still the same gameplay: it's not the difficulty that was the problem, it was the nature of the combat and gameplay.

Bonbonetti

FullbringIchigo

@Bonbonetti you know i kind of agree, i enjoyed the game when i played it but i have no desire to go back to it now i have finished it so i uninstalled it and it because while i enjoyed it as the story unfolded the game play itself is kinda boring

Bonbonetti

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I can definitely relate to that. The story and narrative is the best thing about that game for me. The combat wasn't exciting I thought, sort of boring like you say.

Bonbonetti

JJ2

@FullbringIchigo
Haha it was the other way round for me and also an unpopular opinion I guess. I thought the gameplay and combats were fantastic. The story fell kinda flat though. Sure its the depth behind it and I would rather classify it as the setting which set a great foundation for the way the franchise can go from there. But the story? Not much! i appreciate the journey and the moment to moment bits. I wouldnt say the story was fascinating though. Quite generic story.

Edited on by JJ2

JJ2

BranJ0

This unpopular opinion may change, but currently, I'm not particularly enjoying Okami, which is a supposed masterpiece in the eyes of many. I've just jumped inside the mouth of the emperor to sort out the evil smoke over the city, and so far a lot of the game hasn't been that enjoyable. The celestial brush mechanic is awesome, but all of the puzzles are so easy that it takes away a lot of the excitement of using it, and that's even when you don't have Issun telling you what to do, which is the majority of the time, making him more annoying than both Navi and Fi from Zelda, which must be some kind of achievement. The combat is also very basic and always feels more like an annoyance than anything else. The dungeons so far have all been worse than any Zelda dungeon I've ever played, just basically being a boring linear path the entire time. The game does have some good bits: the music is phenomenal and the art style is gorgeous, but the plot is just too slow (with far too much talking) and the gameplay too handholdey for me to really enjoy it. Like I said, this may change later on in the game, as I don't know how much is left, but so far it really hasn't been anywhere near close to the game of the year contender many seem to praise it as.

BranJ0

RogerRoger

FullbringIchigo wrote:

so i was playing 007 Legends and i gotta say i still think it's a fun game, it's aged a bit and you can tell it was built on the old Call of Duty engine but it works for this one although i would have liked a few more "films" to be represented such as From Russia with love and Tomorrow Never Dies

As somebody who always looks for the good in things, I play that game far more often than I feel I should. The rough edges can't be ignored in some places, but neither can the moments when the game really clicks, and I find myself regularly considering it when I'm looking to blast away half an hour.

The second half of the Skyfall DLC was insulting, though, no matter which way you slice it.

Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@BranJ0 I tried playing it too, quickly gave up, but in the weeks after I had recurring nightmares about the excruciating starting hours of the game.

I still intend to try it again on PS4 sometime. Growing older I've become more patient with games, even the most flawed.

Kidfried

redd214

@BranJ0 yeah I tried it back on the PS3 as it was supposed to be a substitute for zelda. Was over it rather quickly if I remember correctly. Also the whole "just keep playing it gets good after x amount of hours" threw me off as well. Glad it exists on just about every platform now for those that enjoy it but I didn't find it very appealing either.

Edited on by redd214

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger True, the Skyfall DLC was bad (well i say DLC but i have the game on Wii U and it's included on the disc in that version)

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That may explain things; apparently the Wii U version is the most stable.

It takes a lot more patience to play on PS3.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic