Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,271

RogerRoger

FullbringIchigo wrote:

so i was playing 007 Legends and i gotta say i still think it's a fun game, it's aged a bit and you can tell it was built on the old Call of Duty engine but it works for this one although i would have liked a few more "films" to be represented such as From Russia with love and Tomorrow Never Dies

As somebody who always looks for the good in things, I play that game far more often than I feel I should. The rough edges can't be ignored in some places, but neither can the moments when the game really clicks, and I find myself regularly considering it when I'm looking to blast away half an hour.

The second half of the Skyfall DLC was insulting, though, no matter which way you slice it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Kidfried

@BranJ0 I tried playing it too, quickly gave up, but in the weeks after I had recurring nightmares about the excruciating starting hours of the game.

I still intend to try it again on PS4 sometime. Growing older I've become more patient with games, even the most flawed.

Kidfried

redd214

@BranJ0 yeah I tried it back on the PS3 as it was supposed to be a substitute for zelda. Was over it rather quickly if I remember correctly. Also the whole "just keep playing it gets good after x amount of hours" threw me off as well. Glad it exists on just about every platform now for those that enjoy it but I didn't find it very appealing either.

redd214

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger True, the Skyfall DLC was bad (well i say DLC but i have the game on Wii U and it's included on the disc in that version)

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo That may explain things; apparently the Wii U version is the most stable.

It takes a lot more patience to play on PS3.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger what's wrong with the PS3 version?

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Loading screens longer than Sonic '06, frequent graphical glitches, characters and buildings who only appear after two or three seconds of looking in their general direction (even during cutscenes), tons of screen tearing in busy environments, low resolution and lighting that gives everything a fuzzy halo (particularly during the Licence to Kill mission), missing scenery objects, clipping, enemy ragdoll physics going haywire, a few audio bugs... I think that's everything.

But then I also play 007 Racing, so none of the above is new.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger wow that sounds really bad, i wonder if the 360 version had any of those issues?

i might check as i also have it on there but i never played it (it was included in a box of games i brought off a mate)

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo At the very least, you'll add to your gamerscore. I quite enjoyed the non-multiplayer trophies, some were quite fun to track down.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger well i don't really care about Gamerscore/Trophy Level honestly although they do let you keep track of what you have done in a game which is good

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo Yeah, as long as I keep my stats even-numbered, I don't really mind. But they do sometimes offer fun things to search for in replays, and 007 Legends had a couple which had me hunting for hidden bits I liked. Like a random crocodile!

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger With regards to loading times, nothing will ever beat the unpatched version of XCOM2. I think I once timed it as over 3 minutes to load the base after completing a mission.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho That's quite special.

At least the loading times in Sonic '06 are broken up, albeit briefly. The optional side quests in the hubs are my favourite. You start talking to the person who needs help, then there's a 30-second loading screen. Then you see them again (in exactly the same position) and they repeat their request, and then there's another loading screen. Then you get to do the quest and, once finished, there's a loading screen.

You then see the quest-giver a third time, and they briefly say "thanks" and give you your results. You must then endure a fourth loading screen before being allowed to continue play.

Even when you haven't moved an inch.

What's even worse is that some of the quests come in parts, or have multiple questions to answer. When you're on the fifth question (with two loading screens for each) and you make a mistake, you have to start all over. I think the most loading screens I counted were fourteen, for a perfect run of one side quest.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Thrillho Bloodborne before the patch was a killer with the loading screens. Not as long as X Com bit they were probably more frequent.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder In true British style, I once made a cup of tea while waiting for the game to load and it was still going when I got back.

And I like my tea WELL brewed too.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Ah, tea. Our answer to any problem.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @Thrillho @JohnnyShoulder
The American equivalent to British tea — Pouring yourself a Coke, eating some Doritos, and then going to the bathroom. It may sound Neanderthal, but it passes the time. Sometimes we even have some Poptarts, apple pie, barbecue ribs, and watch some fireworks while we take our John Deere tractor for a spin if our pick-up truck is in the shop. Usually if the game’s not done loading by then, I’ll watch some reality TV before I go to the gym to work out with my personal trainer while I try to decide between getting a smoothie or going to McDonalds.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I say, steady on, old chap. My monocle fell out with incredulity at the amount of stereotypes you presented in that paragraph, don'tcha know!

Now, if you'll excuse me, my bowler hat needs re-lining. Pip-pip, tally-ho, what!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@Thrillho what Biscuits did you have?

mookysam

Hobnobs are clearly the only correct answer.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic