Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 721 to 740 of 1,285

RogerRoger

Th3solution wrote:

Another unpopular opinion ... the more I see about Red Dead Redemption 2, the more I feel inclined to just wait and play it next year. I’ve all but decided to wait and not preorder. Don’t get me wrong - the game looks fabulous and I’ve no doubt it will set the world on fire, but I feel inclined to wait to see reviews and early impressions before moving it up to “must play now” status.

I'm with you there, pal. Can't see myself playing it until late 2019, maybe even later.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger if i'm honest the more i see the less i want to play it full stop, i just want to have fun when i play a game, not have to micro manage EVERYTHING, i shouldn't need to make sure my character bathes everyday or goes the the loo regularly, it's a video game FFS

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Kidfried

@Th3solution I expect to find Origins in a Black Friday sale for 20, as that happens to most Ubi games. So, it's probably my game to play over Christmas.

Red Dead I might pick up at launch, though. It's probably cool. With GTAV I waited to play it, but eventually I regret that choice. Game was way less impressive in 2016 than in 2014.

And, honestly, I'm in for an open world game to drown in. As I haven't played Spider-Man FarCry or AC this year's, I kind of crave that open world feel.

Kidfried

Jaz007

@Th3solution If the setting of Unity appeals to you, if consider getting it for that alone. Before playing, it was the least interesting setting for me. Then it just sucked me in. Every side-quest is based off of a historical event, rumor, or person that you can read about. The amount of detail is insane with the number of people and how you’ve so many people doing different things. It’s the not best setting for me if you remove how well the game did it for me, but if you look at that, it’s easily my favorite setting. I’ve never seen a game match the detail that is packed into it’s world. In terms of historical setting quality though, Syndicate took a huge nose dive.

Jaz007

redd214

Unpopular opinions:

-Uncharted and Fallout games are boring. Would rather it have been a series of 4 two hour movies than 4 fifteen hour games. Fallout just don't like the gameplay at all.

-Micro-transactions aside, recent sports games are some of the best/truest examples of RPGs

-Soul Calibur is the best fighting game franchise

-Racing games are the best genre overall

-and lastly Knack is the GOAT

redd214

JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger wrote:

Good. Everything would be so spectacularly boring if we were all identical. It's finding and respecting the differences between us which makes life worth living.

Good sir, I salute you! So many times I've been accused of being deliberately difficult just cos I expressed my honest opinion.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gremio108

@Thrillho I forgot about the companions. Yeah, I'll give you that one - Cass was superb, and Boone's personal quest was heartbreaking and well-written.

The strip was good but the framerate plummeted whenever I tried to walk along it. Same with the factions; by the time I got to the endgame where it mattered, I was struggling to get through missions without it crashing.

@Th3solution You could always just play Freedom Cry on its own. It's a standalone thing and there's much less of the naval stuff. Some of the 'tail-this-guy' quests are annoying, but it's worth playing through for an amazing mission near the end. The whole game is only a few hours long.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Oh, I know those accusations all too well, my friend. It's part of the reason I was (and still am, to a degree) super-polite and nervous when posting around here... I mean, it is the internet, after all. Thankfully, thusfar, everybody's proven my fears unfounded.

Always nice to bump into another member of the "my opinions don't quite fit into any clubs" club!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder yeah the internet is a dark, depressing place, it's nice to find a bit of light every now and then

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

RogerRoger

@FullbringIchigo ...and a regular injection of FFXV screencaps always helps.

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger @FullbringIchigo Sadly this was also in the real non-internet world.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Stupid reality. Keeps getting in the way!

Carry on expressing yourself regardless, if you can. It's their problem, not yours. You're a far more honest and brave person than anybody else who feels the need to conform to a particular standard or way of thinking, or who blasts individuals for their individual opinions.

I know that sounds a bit like a cheesy greetings card platitude, but it's also kinda true.

And kinda why we have this topic, too!

Making It So Since 1987

FullbringIchigo

@JohnnyShoulder @RogerRoger yeah one of the reasons for this topic was to give people a place to post their opinions on games and NOT be ridiculed or attacked for it, a safe haven if you will

anyway time for another Unpopular Opinion

so i was playing 007 Legends and i gotta say i still think it's a fun game, it's aged a bit and you can tell it was built on the old Call of Duty engine but it works for this one although i would have liked a few more "films" to be represented such as From Russia with love and Tomorrow Never Dies

KALofKRYPTON

@RogerRoger @JohnnyShoulder

"A platitude is simply a truth repeated til people get tired of hearing it."

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Bonbonetti

I need to vent my dislike for the new God of War game, which I traded in today for something else. I liked the game's presentation, narrative style and characters ... but I did not enjoy the gameplay at all. 'Sure' the game has a "narrative-mode" of sorts, but it's still the same gameplay: it's not the difficulty that was the problem, it was the nature of the combat and gameplay.

Bonbonetti

FullbringIchigo

@Bonbonetti you know i kind of agree, i enjoyed the game when i played it but i have no desire to go back to it now i have finished it so i uninstalled it and it because while i enjoyed it as the story unfolded the game play itself is kinda boring

Bonbonetti

@FullbringIchigo Yeah I can definitely relate to that. The story and narrative is the best thing about that game for me. The combat wasn't exciting I thought, sort of boring like you say.

Bonbonetti

JJ2

@FullbringIchigo
Haha it was the other way round for me and also an unpopular opinion I guess. I thought the gameplay and combats were fantastic. The story fell kinda flat though. Sure its the depth behind it and I would rather classify it as the setting which set a great foundation for the way the franchise can go from there. But the story? Not much! i appreciate the journey and the moment to moment bits. I wouldnt say the story was fascinating though. Quite generic story.

Edited on by JJ2

The crowd, accepting this immediately, assumed the anti-Eurasian posters and banners everywhere were the result of acts of sabotage by agents of Goldstein and ripped them from the walls.

BranJ0

This unpopular opinion may change, but currently, I'm not particularly enjoying Okami, which is a supposed masterpiece in the eyes of many. I've just jumped inside the mouth of the emperor to sort out the evil smoke over the city, and so far a lot of the game hasn't been that enjoyable. The celestial brush mechanic is awesome, but all of the puzzles are so easy that it takes away a lot of the excitement of using it, and that's even when you don't have Issun telling you what to do, which is the majority of the time, making him more annoying than both Navi and Fi from Zelda, which must be some kind of achievement. The combat is also very basic and always feels more like an annoyance than anything else. The dungeons so far have all been worse than any Zelda dungeon I've ever played, just basically being a boring linear path the entire time. The game does have some good bits: the music is phenomenal and the art style is gorgeous, but the plot is just too slow (with far too much talking) and the gameplay too handholdey for me to really enjoy it. Like I said, this may change later on in the game, as I don't know how much is left, but so far it really hasn't been anywhere near close to the game of the year contender many seem to praise it as.

BranJ0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic