Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,285

AdamantiumClaws

The gameplay in Kingdom Hearts 1 is ass.

Even the rocks do not recall.

Ralizah

@AdamantiumClaws Agreed. I've tried playing that game three or four times and always lose interest sometime after Wonderland.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

AdamantiumClaws

Ralizah wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws Agreed. I've tried playing that game three or four times and always lose interest sometime after Wonderland.

Glad someone agrees. About Wonderland was when I realized I was in for a not-so-great experience. I haven't replayed the second one yet, but I remember it being a lot more fun.

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo It was a ropey mess. MvC2 ftw!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i still had more fun with it than the others

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

stinkyx

@AdamantiumClaws Hey! I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 1 for the first time with my wife and I absolutely HATE this game, lol. Even giving it the benefit of being old, it's still mind-blowingly bad IMHO, especially considering how revered it still is. She swears the second one will be better, but I can't believe how poorly constructed this game is.

For example, most of the worlds just have you wander around aimlessly through small, empty rooms, with cutscenes triggering randomly. It's like, "you can't trigger the tent cutscene in the Jungle by going into the tent...nooooo, you have to go up a rope on the opposite side of the level, open a box with a potion in it, and THEN go back to the tent!" Seriously...what kind of level structure is that?! She's played it three times before and her only advice most of the time is to wander around.

Then there's the clunky combat, the camera (even on the PS4 remaster), the lost opportunities to do things other than fight the same tedious mobs of enemies...I could go on about this game, but pretty much every single thing about it is garbage (except the music), IMHO.

I wanna tell my wife this is one of the worst games I've played in a loooong time, but can't, so here I am! I'm still trying to like it, but so far...it's just not fun at all, lol.

Edited on by stinkyx

Make it a great day!

PSN: tearatherflesh

stinkyx

@Kidfried I think she needs to take her rose-tinted glasses off! Yeah, she says it's her favorite series so I'm really trying to make an effort. Maybe afterward I can introduce her to MY favorite Square Enix series, Final Fantasy XIII, lol.

Make it a great day!

AdamantiumClaws

keihtg wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws Hey! I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 1 for the first time with my wife and I absolutely HATE this game, lol. Even giving it the benefit of the being old, it's still mind-blowingly bad IMHO, especially considering how revered it still is. She swears the second one will be better, but I can't believe how poorly constructed this game is.

For example, most of the worlds just end up being wandering aimlessly around the various small, empty rooms, with cutscenes triggering randomly. It's like, "you can't trigger the tent cutscene in the Jungle by going into the tent...nooooo, you have to go up a rope on the opposite side of the level, open a box with a potion in it, and THEN go back to the tent!" Seriously...what kind of level structure is that?! She's played it three times before and her only advice most of the time is to wander around.

Then there's the clunky combat, the camera (even on the PS4 remaster), the lost opportunities to do things other than fight the same tedious mobs of enemies...I could go on about this game, but pretty much every single thing about it is garbage (except the music), IMHO.

I wanna tell my wife this is one of the worst games I've played in a loooong time, but can't, so here I am! I'm still trying to like it, but so far...it's just not fun at all, lol.

Well, no denying there. The gameplay is pretty bad, although it does improve a bit as you get more abilities and even the platforming gets better when you unlock high jump and glide.

Not going to lie, the world design is quite bad lots of wandering around aimlessly with no direction, having to know ridiculous things that you would have never guessed. Yeah. And some of the layouts are really bad, like Monstro. And most of the worlds are quite small.

BUT, Neverland is good fun even if it's way too short, and Hollow Bastion (the last world) is incredible in my opinion. If you can stick it out, you're in for some breathtaking story at the end. And your wife is right, KH2 is much better, especially in gameplay. I haven't replayed it yet but when I was younger I remember KH1 made me rage a lot, and I only beat it once, whereas KH2 was a lot of good times and I replayed it a lot.

And yeah, the music is pretty awesome at times. I'm in love with the Hollow Bastion music and well....everything about that world. It's also very large.

Stick it out if you can. The last chunk of KH1 made me fall in love with the story and series all over again.

Edited on by Tasuki

stinkyx

@AdamantiumClaws Thanks for the heads up! Now I'm more excited about playing this game. My wife and I were gonna try and play through ALL of the KH games leading up to Kingdom Hearts 3, so the sooner I start enjoying myself the better!

Make it a great day!

Th3solution

Yeah, I’ll second (or third, or fourth at this point) the opinion that Kingdom Hearts is pretty lousy. I too just played some of the first one and just couldn’t stand it. Bored me to tears. I couldn’t get attached to Sora, the gameplay felt uninspired, and the progression through the game was confusing and bland.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

AdamantiumClaws

Tasuki wrote:

@AdamantiumClaws Let's watch the language, ok. Thanks

Sorry, I can't remember what word I said. Are we allowed to use mild expletives like ass and sh**?

FullbringIchigo

Unpopular Opinion: Devil Mat Cry 2 is a great game, yeah it's easier than the others but it's still a fun game

on a side note i'm glad Capcom have confirmed Devil May Cry 5 is set after the events of DMC2 so we can finally know what happened to Dante after he was stuck in hell

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD honestly yes you can do that BUT you don't have to, if that's how your playing it then really that's on you

try playing it without using the guns at all (unless you really have to of course)

it's like FFXIII and it auto battle system, yes you can use auto battle if you want to but you don't HAVE to, you can still play it in the traditional way

that's why it's called choice

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD i wasn't saying that i was saying just because the guns were over powered (and they were) it doesn't mean you have to use them for everything, the game has both gun and sword play to allow you to experiment, if you found an way that made the game easier then that's all good but IF you chose to play it that way and it makes it boring to you then is that isn't the developers fault because yes it's there but your choosing to play it that way, same as DMC3 have you ever tried a gun only playthrough, i did once and it was hard as hell even on the easiest difficulty

saying try not to use the guns is like a challenge, can you complete a Devil May Cry without ever using the guns, unless you have no choice, creating challenges for yourself to change how the game plays, to give yourself a challenge

but i know what your talking about the nuclear button syndrome (or whatever they call it) when once you find the easiest way to beat a game then that's all you do to beat the game and yes DMC2 does have one and so do many other games BUT even with that i still enjoyed the game and i think that it's still a fun game to play because i found other ways to play it other than shoot the guy then spam him

also i DO actually play RPG's without getting the better equipment, keeping everyone on their original gear, makes the game more of a challenge, i did a run on FFVII a few years ago where i never once changed a single piece of equipment, the final boss was a hell of a fight, although it made Emerald Weapon a breeze because i couldn't equip much Materia

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

FullbringIchigo

@KratosMD OK i respect you didn't have fun with it and i really can understand why you wouldn't but i did have fun with it and think it's a fun game, of course the way i play games might be part of that, like i said i like to give myself challenges when i play games, it spices things up a bit

Tasuki

@AdamantiumClaws As per the community rules

Do not use profanity; Use of unsavoury language including profanity and swearing is not acceptable, please remember that this website has users of all ages.

Thanks for understanding

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Danny_C

Here goes nothing (eeek!):

1. Oblivion, despite its flaws, is better than Skyrim
2. I am not excited for Cyberpunk 2077 in the slightest
3. I have not played Witcher 3 and it does not appeal to me

There are others but, for my first ever post on these forums, I'm not feeling brave enough to share any more!

Danny_C

RogerRoger

Danny_C wrote:

2. I am not excited for Cyberpunk 2077 in the slightest
3. I have not played Witcher 3 and it does not appeal to me

Quoted for truth. I completely agree.

Welcome to the forum! Glad you were brave enough to post that, and not just because I agreed with two of your points. Continue sharing your thoughts, nobody here will hold them against you!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic