Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,285

FullbringIchigo

well trying to get back on topic

Unpopular Gaming Opinion: Consoles DON'T need to be able to play DVD's or blu-rays (for TV shows and Films) nor do they need to have Netflix or Amazon Video or other streaming services, they are fine just playing games

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki well, if you honestly think that, I can honestly say (again) ive had no problem with my 4 PS4 controllers other than dodgy sticks on the first 2 which I replaced I'm looking at my blue controller right now, it's as good as the day I got it out the box over 3 years ago. I dunno what you do with yours, slam them around and cover them in jam I guess 😂

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@FullbringIchigo and nah, I've always enjoyed my console playing DVDs and Bluerays. The only reason I would prefer otherwise is I'd have to invest in a decent standalone player, which would run almost silently compared to the PS4. Which would be nice.

kyleforrester87

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki We are only repeating our experiences, not sure how that is deemed as being a fan boy? Think you are getting a wee bit over defensive. You may have experienced a bad run with DS4's and I doubt you are the only one, but think of how many PS4 owners are out there, if the controller was so poorly made like you claim we would soon hear about it a lot more than we currently do. Other people have already said Xbox one controllers have broken on them, but you have either chosen to ignore that or seeing that as being a fan boy.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Tasuki

@JohnnyShoulder Then why does everyone assume that I am the one at fault. Whenever I explain my situation as @kyleforrester87 so gracefully showed the first thing people ask is what did you do or you are too rough with your controllers. I mean come on do these people think I spend $60 just to break my controllers? Just because something breaks it doesn't mean it's the users fault can't people just accept they are poor quality?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

kyleforrester87

@Tasuki I'm just winding you up. My point is just as you want people to accept there is a problem with them, you have to accept just as many (and, let's be honest, probably more) people don't have a problem with them. Maybe it's just certain batches or those made for certain areas. Or maybe you should stop dropping them so much

kyleforrester87

Kidfried

I've been dropping my Dualshocks all over the place. I'm clumsy like that. I accidentally sit on them sometimes. 😂

Kidfried

Ralizah

I'm sure the people who work in ERs have to help out people who "accidentally sit on" controllers all the time.

My dualshock 4 works as well as the day I first bought the system. So does every other console controller I've ever owned. I don't own my Dreamcast anymore, but if I did, I'm pretty sure I'd still be able to use the controller for it that's floating around my closet.

Nintendo DS Lite hinges broke on me all the time, though. They're apparently built from whatever the opposite of Gameboy era Nintendium is.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Victor_Meldrew

Ive had five dual shocks, 3 old version 2 new, problems with triggers sticks and charging port on one, shoddy crap.

Victor_Meldrew

Tasuki

@kyleforrester87 I would be inclined to think that it was a batch or something but every controller I had had problems. I bought them from different places and different times too so the odds of me getting all of them from the same batch are 1 in a million. They just make bad controllers is all.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

JohnnyShoulder

@Tasuki No one has pointed the finger at you though? @kyleforrester87 was obviously joking. Unless you are dunking them in jam, then you are entirely to blame LOL.

How can they be poorly made when there is like 90 million console owners, the ones that are faulty are in the minority. Not sure how you can't understand that.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

KALofKRYPTON

This is interesting so far.

I'm still on my two launch DS4s, a DragonSlay Fightpad - I have 2 purchased at release DS3s, one launch Sixaxis and original controllers for all of my older systems. All working and in good condition save the X button on one of my Satin Silver DualShock 2s. these have all apart from the DragonSlay pad, had years of use. I do try to keep my controllers clean (inside and out) and am not a heavy handed player. I do know people who grip a controller like they're trying to crush it!

I also appreciate that I probably don't put in as many hours as some, it always surprises me that people manage to trash controllers though.

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

KALofKRYPTON

@FullbringIchigo I quite like a multi use device. In the case of PS2/PS3, they were also important in the viability and adoption of DVD and BluRay formats respectively.

My TV is 10 year old(!) Bravia, which is fine and I'm in no rush to upgrade, but doesn't do any Smart things and I don't use a terrestrial aerial or cable/satellite service, so stuff I watch is through the PS4 and PS3 before that.

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

FullbringIchigo

@KALofKRYPTON i'm not saying they don't have to have them just that they don't need to have tham

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON @fullbringichigo I use the PS4 to watch news, TV on demand, sporting events (at least when the stream isn't overloaded), Netflix, Spotify, YouTube, etc.

It saves me the effort and money of needing a seperate device, or even devices, for it. I can understand you might not want it personally, but I even know someone who watches more Netflix on the machine on any given day than he games on it the entire week. It is a successful of attracting casual gamers as well, which in my book is very much a good thing.

BUT! One thing has been grinding my gears. Because this could all have been much easier, Sony. Just release a Chromecast app (rather, have Google release it). Make it so that I can control everything from my phone. That way I don't need to worry if my local broadcaster has updated their app or if the thing I want to watch even is available on PlayStation.

Kidfried

KALofKRYPTON

@Kidfried I control YouTube, Netflix and Spotify from my phone sometimes. It works direct from the apps. If you set up a play queue for YouTube from the app it usually does away with ads playing too.

Kidfried

@KALofKRYPTON Yes, I do that too. But the national broadcaster doesn't allow it, and I wish I could cast from other apps as well, without having need of a special PlayStation app.

But yeah, I dig the phone/PS4 synergy that is there already a lot.

Kidfried

FullbringIchigo

Unpopular Opinion

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is the best game in the series at least in terms of the game play

Untitled

yeah it needed more characters and i understand that people were pissed because the X-Men wasn't in the game but that was because Disney and Fox were in dispute over the properties at that time, it's what lead Marvel to stopping the X-men and Fantastic 4 comics but now that Disney and Fox are in the process of merging then i'm sure they will be back in the next MvC

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic